Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I opted for the ARB twin compressor, and hardwired it to only be able to operate when the jeep is running and charging. It has a 100% duty cycle rating, is completely self contained, and it's only limitation to producing compressed air is the amount of fuel in my gas tank.

It's not as fast as a power tank, but my thoughts are that if I'm airing down it's because I'm enjoying a day off. My days off are for not having to be in a rush. Also, I'm not a big fan of driving around all the time with a pressurized container in the cabin with me. Yes, it can be taken out but than it only serves an off road benefit. So far, I've been able to help 3 different people get off the side of the road, and only 1 of them needed one of my tire plugs. Other ones were a spare tire that was never inflated, and a slow leaker from a bent rim.

Jeep Wrangler JL Air Compressor Options 20201117_112108
Jeep Wrangler JL Air Compressor Options 20201117_112048

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0

Whiskeybiskit

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL wrangler sport s
Vehicle Showcase
If you have the trailer group, consider this. The 400/400p run on 30A. You can do this so you donā€™t have to pop the hood to air up. It is a 30A line to the 7 pin connector.
Jeep Wrangler JL Air Compressor Options 713IN%2BoyTsL._AC_SL1500_
Came across this thread and your post. Just did this with my portable air compressor. Brilliant yet simple idea. Thank you.

Sponsored

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
I have an ARB twin hardwired under my passenger seat . Takes about 8 minutes from 10-35 psi on goodyear Mtr 40s . I have a custom hose with 4 quick connectors that do all four tires at the same time . While the tires are filling , I look under the jeep to see what I tore up .

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel Unlimited Rubicon
In my CJ buggy I have a Power Tank and dual ARB. When we went to Silverton CO this summer I took the PT with me and it served me well. PT has a JL specific kit that looked nice so I bought one. Installed it today, very satisfied.

C550E8B5-7EC1-4608-A491-F722726B2A72.jpeg

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I have an ARB twin hardwired under my passenger seat . Takes about 8 minutes from 10-35 psi on goodyear Mtr 40s . I have a custom hose with 4 quick connectors that do all four tires at the same time . While the tires are filling , I look under the jeep to see what I tore up .
Similar setup but only 5 minutes for 35's from 15 to 32psi. Really happy with it under the seat as it takes up no usable interior space. I also did up a custom 4 chuck setup to inflate and deflate but can easily run a single chuck to help those in need.

My son now looks after deflate/inflate when at the ORP.

BCFRJeeper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Wrangler YJ 2020 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired Navy
Does anyone run a onboard air setup that has a hard mounted tank and compressors? I have a dual compressor setup that Iā€™m trying to decide between my 91 YJ or the 20 Sahara to get it installed.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Came across this thread and your post. Just did this with my portable air compressor. Brilliant yet simple idea. Thank you.
Danny and @Some Random Guy, is this 30 amp circuit at the trailer hitch switched with the ignition? If not I may also use it to quickly hook up my trickle charger. I was planning on running a 40 amp circuit from the battery to the front bumper for the charger/compressor but this circuit at the hitch may work just as well.

Sponsored

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Danny and @Some Random Guy, is this 30 amp circuit at the trailer hitch switched with the ignition? If not I may also use it to quickly hook up my trickle charger. I was planning on running a 40 amp circuit from the battery to the front bumper for the charger/compressor but this circuit at the hitch may work just as well.
It is only hot when on, so with the ignition. Iā€™m confused about the trickle charger. What are you trying to charge?

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
It is only hot when on, so with the ignition. Iā€™m confused about the trickle charger. What are you trying to charge?
Just trying to keep the batteries topped off. I'd rather just plug in the charger than lift the hood and clamp to the battery posts. Thanks for your reply.

LazyJL

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2001 built XJ, 1997 near stock XJ
Occupation
Retired fabricator and mechanic
I have used a CO2 tank for reinflating over the last 18 years, it's as fast as using a large air compressor and can run air impact tools, something 12-volt compressors usually cannot do.
The CO2 system I use, from Polyperforamce, is much cheaper than a Powertank.
https://www.polyperformance.com/poly-performance-co2-kit

The 10-lb tank is refilled at a local homebrew store for $15-20, industrial gas supply shops can refill it too.
To know how much CO2 is available, I know the weight of a full and empty tank and carry a small travel weight scale for field measuring.
The tank is mounted, out of the way on the driver's side rear roll bar.
The tank is also useful for running air nailers and staplers on small field jobs where dragging in a compressor would be difficult.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I went with the ARB Twin mounted to a Grimm under-hood bracket, I did add additional heat shielding to the Grimm heat shield and also insulated all the air lines. So far, no heat related issues what so ever!

Jeep Wrangler JL Air Compressor Options IMG_2065