Air Bag Sensor Light after installing Tazer Mini

aw2657

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK and JT no JL yet!
I'm really not sure if this is an error caused by my Tazer mini or just really bad timing but just after I installed it I get a random Check Air Bag Sensor light pop up and it usually goes away within 30-120 seconds. It's a 2020 Jeep Gladiator with only about 450 miles on it and I installed the Tazer Mini about 150 miles ago. Since then I am getting the light and I didn't before but I can't be certain what caused it. The error code is B0020-13 which is the driver side air bag seat of which I have checked the wiring and connections multiple times. I thought maybe there was an airbag wire going into the OBD2 connectors that were removed to tie into the Tazer mini but not certain. Do anyone know if connecting the Tazer could set off an airbag light in any way? Just wanted to see before taking it to the dealer. Thanks!
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@aw2657

Can tell you, no one that has installed a Tazer JL has posted a similar issue with their JL or JT.... and we are talking many, many, many, JL's and a few JT owner's. SO, I'd say pure coincidence. .... rare chance in hell that the error code is thanks to the Tazer JL Mini.

What you should do is clear the code with the Tazer JL Mini, then unmarry and then remove the Tazer JL hardware... Be sure to reconnect your 2 cable to the security gateway......Now, drive your JT for a few days and see if the error is thrown again... This will let you know one way or the other..

Important: Never go to the dealership Service Department with the Tazer JL Mini, married and the hardware in place. NEVER!

Hey.... since you are a JT owner, you might like to have the factory Owner's Manual for the 2020 JT, in pdf form..... so, if you want it, click below. Manual is great to have on your cellphone.
https://msmownerassets.z13.web.core...us/Jeep/2020/Gladiator/20_JT_OM_EN_USC_V2.pdf

Also, if you are interested in door lock covers for the JT, click below:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/838362130/jeep-wrangler-jlgladiator-jt-door-lock

Last edited:
OP
OP
aw2657

aw2657

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! Just ordered the key hole covers right now. Going to try the unmarry and disconnect the tazer to see what happens. I was afraid it was just an issues with the car but just thought I would ask.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Thanks! Just ordered the key hole covers right now. Going to try the unmarry and disconnect the tazer to see what happens. I was afraid it was just an issues with the car but just thought I would ask.
@aw2657

Do clear the code with your Tazer JL Mini, BEFORE you unmarry and remove the Tazer JL Mini/ reconnect the 2 gateway cables.

There is a decent chance, that the error will not be thrown again. Won't be the first time an error code was thrown, cleared and then did not return.

New JL or JT:

DO, as soon as possible, go to your Power Distribution Center (PDC) in the engine compartment, and firmly push down or all the fuses and relays you find in there. You will undoubtedly, find many not seated properly.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
There’s a TSB for a widening issue in the 2020 doors that will cause a airbag light. Could be it?

OP
OP
aw2657

aw2657

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haven’t seen anything on the “widening” issue on the 2020 doors so if you have any more info please share. The dealer tech called late yesterday and said they needed to replace a wiring harness and it wouldn’t be in until today so they needed to keep the truck overnight. They couldn’t provide much more info at the time but I will definitely be asking a lot of questions when I pick it up. I hope they are not just throwing parts at it like I have read in other posts.
Sponsored