DKayGing

DKayGing

First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Debra, I am glad you will be OK and your injuries will heal. I wish you a fast recovery.

Your Jeep may have had a double forward collision event whereas the first impact (low impulse) did not deploy the airbag, followed by a second much more severe impact, which did deploy the airbag.

It is important to always wear your seat belt securely as the seat belt is your primary restraint and the airbag is a secondary restraint. For what it's worth, you're still beautiful. :)
Awwwwā€¦.thanks! ā¤ Just want all of us safe out there. Iā€™ll update this thread when the computer is pulled. Thanks for the info also!
Sponsored

OP
OP
DKayGing

DKayGing

First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Debra, I am glad you will be OK and your injuries will heal. I wish you a fast recovery.

Your Jeep may have had a double forward collision event whereas the first impact (low impulse) did not deploy the airbag, followed by a second much more severe impact, which did deploy the airbag.

It is important to always wear your seat belt securely as the seat belt is your primary restraint and the airbag is a secondary restraint. For what it's worth, you're still beautiful. :)

Last edited:

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Oh my!!! I read that 2017-2019 Chrysler acknowledged an airbag delay yet said no one has been injured because they caught it in manufacturing testing and corrected it. Iā€™ve looked at the videos on YouTube and my bag did not perform properly like the videos I watched. Hope you didnā€™t sustain too serious of injuries. Thanks for sharing!
Just like you the airbags didn't go off, then when the car stopped moving...they go off. weird.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Wow. glad you are ok though!.
1) Your seatbelt shouldve locked.
2) Airbag shouldve come off earlier.

I was in an accident on a 2018 JL. 65MPH crashed into a fully stopped pickup truck in the middle of the road. Front airbags deployed and wife and I walked away without a scratch. A bad memory thats all.

OP
OP
DKayGing

DKayGing

First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Wow. glad you are ok though!.
1) Your seatbelt shouldve locked.
2) Airbag shouldve come off earlier.

I was in an accident on a 2018 JL. 65MPH crashed into a fully stopped pickup truck in the middle of the road. Front airbags deployed and wife and I walked away without a scratch. A bad memory thats all.

Last edited:

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Iā€™m glad youā€™re okay and thank you for your service. Will be following along to see what comes of this.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I was in an accident last week, I clearly remember the jolt foreword, my head hitting above the windshield area, and as I was returning backwards from the force forward I watched as the airbag deployed. Has anyone else had an issue with airbag deployment? Or seen anything about this? It was almost a direct head on collision. I expected the airbag to deploy sooner.
Hi DKayGing,
We would like to look into this for you. Can you please follow up with us via PM to provide your VIN or case number?

Rob
Jeep Cares

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
I presume that your seatbelt did not deployed either. Belt should retract at the bottom and a top (has two gas filled units to accomplish this).

You hitting sunvisor has to do more with the seatbelt, airbag does not stop you from going up. I assume you were wearing one.

OP
OP
DKayGing

DKayGing

First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hi DKayGing,
We would like to look into this for you. Can you please follow up with us via PM to provide your VIN or case number?

Rob
Jeep Cares
I presume that your seatbelt did not deployed either. Belt should retract at the bottom and a top (has two gas filled units to accomplish this).

You hitting sunvisor has to do more with the seatbelt, airbag does not stop you from going up. I assume you were wearing one.
Yes, I was wearing one. Always do. It didnā€™t lock.
Sponsored