First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 4door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired U.S. Army 23 years
So glad you are ok sore to speak. Those wounds will heal. Could have been a lot worse.
Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Thank you!! Hopefully you have healed…do you still have the permanent scar of the emblem?
It’s much better but lighter skin than the rest. So overall I’m satisfied with it. Accidents suck. Was it 100% the other person fault?

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Glad you’re alive and going to recover. I hate that it happen to you but glad you’re reporting it. Please keep everyone updated! We pray for a quick recovery for you

Sponsored

OP
OP
DKayGing

DKayGing

First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I was in a wreck last month where I got hit in the rear driver tire, my Jeep spun, and rolled onto its side. The impact (either from the truck or the ground) was enough for the sport bar to flex and bend at the crumple zones. The impact sheared the track bar mount off the frame and shifted the rear axle several inches passenger. No airbags deployed.

I know side impact is completely different than your situation, but I was shocked that my side curtain airbags did not deploy.

I hope you heal quickly.

72B56705-DD65-4CD0-A11A-91EED3171673.jpeg

DF0CEE5D-05D4-40A1-ABB6-75ECD8B3CE90.jpeg

796BC85F-ABF5-458F-8785-A09935CD4F11.jpeg
Yikes! Hopefully you have healed completely! Thank you for sharing! ❤

Category5Bronado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Yes, always do! My seat belt didn’t tighten either… 🤷‍♀️
That’s so weird. The reason I asked is because the acceleration of your body forward should have made it temporarily lock. And then when airbags deploy it will permanently lock. If you still have access to the Jeep I would go check on that or have an investigator do it.

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
Hello Debra, The main thing is you are OK. Thank you for posting this as a warning that air bag defects are real. I wish you a speedy recovery.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Debra, I am glad you will be OK and your injuries will heal. I wish you a fast recovery.

Your Jeep may have had a double forward collision event whereas the first impact (low impulse) did not deploy the airbag, followed by a second much more severe impact, which did deploy the airbag.

It is important to always wear your seat belt securely as the seat belt is your primary restraint and the airbag is a secondary restraint. For what it's worth, you're still beautiful. :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
DKayGing

DKayGing

First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
That’s so weird. The reason I asked is because the acceleration of your body forward should have made it temporarily lock. And then when airbags deploy it will permanently lock. If you still have access to the Jeep I would go check on that or have an investigator do it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DKayGing

DKayGing

First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I’m guessing you already have, but if not, please report it. https://www.nhtsa.gov/
This seems crazy to have to smack your head like you did, then get smacked again with the airbag. I hope you heel up well.
I didn’t have that till one other person mentioned the acronym. Definitely want all of you safe and will report it. ❤