First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Oh my gosh. Are you feeling okay? I crashed my Benz head on a few months ago and all the airbags deployed instantly. Am I understanding this correctly? You could feel the impact and then shortly after, watch the airbags deploy?

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Yes.

Yes. As soon as EMT asked me I told them I watched it deploy after hitting my head. After being released from the hospital I went to go see where I had hit and noticed the impact on the visor and near where the button to open the top is located (in picture I posted). I read online that their was a sensor delay issue a few years ago. Wondering if this is an issue that hasnā€™t really been resolved. Just want other owners to beware and get sensors checkedā€¦.however that works.

View attachment 506160
Wow! That looks brutal Iā€™m so sorry. I havenā€™t heard of this exact issue but I know Jeepā€™s arenā€™t the safest cars on the road. I hope the swelling goes down and that scar heals perfectly. I still have my Mercedes emblem slightly scarred on my arm.

Jeep Wrangler JL A 437052A1-9F84-44F3-8933-5078064426CD

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
OP
OP
DKayGing

DKayGing

First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Wow! That looks brutal Iā€™m so sorry. I havenā€™t heard of this exact issue but I know Jeepā€™s arenā€™t the safest cars on the road. I hope the swelling goes down and that scar heals perfectly. I still have my Mercedes emblem slightly scarred on my arm.

Wow!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
DKayGing

DKayGing

First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Deleted.

Last edited:

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I hope mine doesnā€™t get any worseā€¦.I was going about 5 mphā€¦the other driver about 35 mph. Imagine if we were going any faster! šŸ˜³. This is yesterdayā€™s pic and itā€™s much worse today. I go back to the doctor tomorrow thank goodness.

Prayers sending youā€™re way for a speedy recovery.

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
I don't have a for sure answer for you, maybe if this gets escalated Jeep can pull the data and see why they had a delay deploy.

My guess is that you were on that borderline speed of having the airbags get deployed. In the FAQ section of the NHTSA web site, they say that air bags usually get deployed if you're going anywhere from 8mph to 14mph. I do remember reading years ago how air bags don't deploy when you're going slower.

Source: https://www.nhtsa.gov/equipment/air-bags#:~:text=Frontal air bags are generally,to 28 mph or higher.)

OP
OP
DKayGing

DKayGing

First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I don't have a for sure answer for you, maybe if this gets escalated Jeep can pull the data and see why they had a delay deploy.

My guess is that you were on that borderline speed of having the airbags get deployed. In the FAQ section of the NHTSA web site, they say that air bags usually get deployed if you're going anywhere from 8mph to 14mph. I do remember reading years ago how air bags don't deploy when you're going slower.

Source: https://www.nhtsa.gov/equipment/air-bags#:~:text=Frontal air bags are generally,to 28 mph or higher.)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Who is pulling the computer? Hopefully your adjuster through a collision shop. I don't want to say the "L" word, but this seems like one. With all the recalls over the past few years, it isn't unheard of. Even if your insurance company does the lawsuit bit based on the evidence and your bills, as a fellow consumer/Jeep owner I'd appreciate you filing a complaint with NHTSA so they put an investigation together if there are enough people having the issue.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I was in a wreck last month where I got hit in the rear driver tire, my Jeep spun, and rolled onto its side. The impact (either from the truck or the ground) was enough for the sport bar to flex and bend at the crumple zones. The impact sheared the track bar mount off the frame and shifted the rear axle several inches passenger. No airbags deployed.

I know side impact is completely different than your situation, but I was shocked that my side airbags did not deploy.

I hope you heal quickly.

Jeep Wrangler JL A 72B56705-DD65-4CD0-A11A-91EED3171673

Jeep Wrangler JL A DF0CEE5D-05D4-40A1-ABB6-75ECD8B3CE90

Jeep Wrangler JL A 796BC85F-ABF5-458F-8785-A09935CD4F11

Last edited:
OP
OP
DKayGing

DKayGing

First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Who is pulling the computer? Hopefully your adjuster through a collision shop. I don't want to say the "L" word, but this seems like one. With all the recalls over the past few years, it isn't unheard of. Even if your insurance company does the lawsuit bit based on the evidence and your bills, as a fellow consumer/Jeep owner I'd appreciate you filing a complaint with NHTSA so they put an investigation together if there are enough people having the issue.

Last edited:

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
I am speaking with an attorney and he will have the computer pulled. I just need to know this wonā€™t happen to anyone else if it shouldnā€™t have.
Thanks for helping keep us all safe too! Best of luck on your ongoing recovery.
Sponsored