Sponsored

Aftermarket Wheels that fit JL

on--belay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Recon, JLUR on order, 2 summer cars, 2 summer Ducs
I think this will have to be a trial and error thing to check at your tire store. Have them test fit the wheels first. I'm wanting 16" rims so I'm going to have to shop around first and wait.
I wonder what impact the now standard big brake package, that Mopar says needs 17" wheels is going to do to the ability to use 16s.
Sponsored

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
One question I have....when ordering new rims/tires, I assume there is also another fee to be added for the TPMS? Or does that come with the setup?

on--belay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Recon, JLUR on order, 2 summer cars, 2 summer Ducs
One question I have....when ordering new rims/tires, I assume there is also another fee to be added for the TPMS? Or does that come with the setup?
Most places allow you to choose. So if you are getting a new mounted/balanced set and selling your stock set you would get them, if you were parting out your stock set, you might keep them, and they would just install them on new rims.

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
Most places allow you to choose. So if you are getting a new mounted/balanced set and selling your stock set you would get them, if you were parting out your stock set, you might keep them, and they would just install them on new rims.
I am getting new tires and rims, and will have the dealer install them when my jeep gets delivered. I am planning on selling the tires/rims that come with the jeep, so it sounds like I can just have the dealer install the TPMS on the new rims, and part out my stock set on craigslist.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
I trash the tpms. I never run my tires over 27 psi so all they do is report that my tires are too low so it's easier to disable tpms and not bother with the sensors

Sponsored

Zoobie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I trash the tpms. I never run my tires over 27 psi so all they do is report that my tires are too low so it's easier to disable tpms and not bother with the sensors
On my JK... I used AEV's ProCal to adjust the tire pressure sensor warning threshold as I too was running lower PSI on my 35". TPMS is a valuable tool... use it!

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Anybody try a 15" wheel on a JL yet? I ran 15x8 alloys on my JKU because they were lightweight, inexpensive, and allowed for maximum sidewall. Wondering if I'll be able to do that again on JLU?

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Might work IF you don't have a Rubicon or Sahara. The brakes on them are too big for smaller than 17s

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
I agree...I think the days of 15s are over with the glorious brakes they gave us this go-round. The 15s barely fit over the JK brakes. (I ran 15s once on a two door.)

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
The upgraded heavy duty brakes on Rubicon definitely won't fit 'em. But the Sport models use the same rotors and calipers as the JKU, according to auto parts listings. So, 15s should work on JL Sport, assuming 4" of backspacing or less.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Having said that, I'd LOVE for somebody to try it and show pics. :)
Sponsored