Sponsored

Aftermarket Wheels that fit JL

Aaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 C7 Corvette Stingray
I didn't see a thread where people can list or ask about wheels that will fit the JL. It has been pointed out that not all JK wheels will fit, especially over the camera on the tire carrier. To start things off, does anyone know if the Fuel Beast D564 (specifically 17x9 with 5x5.0 78.10 bore, -12 offset, 4.5 backspace) or Havok H107 Matte Black (17x9) will fit?
Sponsored

Dice23

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 2 door Jeep Wrangler Sport S with a 2 1/2” lift and 35 inch tires
Occupation
Clerk on the NYSE
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't see a thread where people can list or ask about wheels that will fit the JL. It has been pointed out that not all JK wheels will fit, especially over the camera on the tire carrier. To start things off, does anyone know if the Fuel Beast D564 (specifically 17x9 with 5x5.0 78.10 bore, -12 offset, 4.5 backspace) or Havok H107 Matte Black (17x9) will fit?
I think the bolts that you put the lug nuts on are wider on the jl

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
I think this will have to be a trial and error thing to check at your tire store. Have them test fit the wheels first. I'm wanting 16" rims so I'm going to have to shop around first and wait.

Zoobie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
  • Lug Nuts - You can't use the same lug nuts as a JK on a JL, the JL now has 14mm lug nuts.
  • Wheels - JL has the same bolt pattern as a JL, and I personally haven't seen anyone post having issues with using existing JK wheels on a JL.
  • Spare / Camera - But same as you, I have seen people post having issues getting the size of the hole for the center cap to fit over the rear camera... so the wheels don't work for the spare.

Would be really nice if people could post what they are and are not being successful with...
Does anyone know if there is a way to relocate the camera if the center hole doesn't fit?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aaron

Aaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got a response from Fuel. They said they were unable to mount a rim with a 35" tire on the carrier, but couldn't tell me if the wheel would fit with a smaller tire. They said they've only had a few people asking about the JL. Given that, they don't seem to care whether the wheels will fit or not. That's the last time I'll consider Fuel wheels

Sponsored

Dice23

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Clerk on the NYSE
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Aaron for helping to find out about larger tires and aftermarket wheels. I also will not consider Fuel wheels!

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
I got a response from Fuel. They said they were unable to mount a rim with a 35" tire on the carrier, but couldn't tell me if the wheel would fit with a smaller tire. They said they've only had a few people asking about the JL. Given that, they don't seem to care whether the wheels will fit or not. That's the last time I'll consider Fuel wheels
I doubt the manufacturer will have specifics for a brand new vehicle. If you wait a while and actually take the Jeep to a tire shop they will be able to tell you more.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
That's because there is a whole forum dedicated to wheels and tires:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/wheels-and-tires.15/

OP
OP
Aaron

Aaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's because there is a whole forum dedicated to wheels and tires:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/wheels-and-tires.15/
Thanks! Somehow I missed that. Unfortunately, none of the threads there appear to cover this specific issue. Hopefully the administrators will move this thread there. Just as a follow up, I got another email from the Fuel representative. He said some wheels will fit over the camera. He provided no further information, so we're on our own in figuring out what fits.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Thanks! Somehow I missed that. Unfortunately, none of the threads there appear to cover this specific issue. Hopefully the administrators will move this thread there. Just as a follow up, I got another email from the Fuel representative. He said some wheels will fit over the camera. He provided no further information, so we're on our own in figuring out what fits.
God luck and post what you find out.

Sponsored

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
Thanks Aaron for helping to find out about larger tires and aftermarket wheels. I also will not consider Fuel wheels!
Guys... Fuel (MHT Alloys) has been one of the best options for wheels on the JK for a long while. They are one of the only companies that offers a TON of wheels in the 5 on 5 bolt pattern with 4.5" of back spacing, which is ideal for a lifted JK. I would definitely not mark them off the list because they don't know the answer to our questions yet about the JL. Give these manufacturers some time to get their hands on the vehicle and you'll see more and more options and better responses.

My Fuel reps are some of the best in the wheel business and have gone above and beyond for me countless times. I'm sure the guy on the phone was just as frustrated as you that he didn't have the answers you wanted.

Marcus

Dice23

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Clerk on the NYSE
Vehicle Showcase
People are receiving the JL now and there hitting factories. These so called “best option” for wheels should be on their game. That’s their job!

Dice23

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Clerk on the NYSE
Vehicle Showcase
We’re paying a lot of money for these 17”x9” 4.5” backspaced wheels. I had this size wheel on my jk with 35s and paid a pretty penny for them. It’s not the jl is on its way time, it’s here.

OP
OP
Aaron

Aaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guys... Fuel (MHT Alloys) has been one of the best options for wheels on the JK for a long while. They are one of the only companies that offers a TON of wheels in the 5 on 5 bolt pattern with 4.5" of back spacing, which is ideal for a lifted JK. I would definitely not mark them off the list because they don't know the answer to our questions yet about the JL. Give these manufacturers some time to get their hands on the vehicle and you'll see more and more options and better responses.

My Fuel reps are some of the best in the wheel business and have gone above and beyond for me countless times. I'm sure the guy on the phone was just as frustrated as you that he didn't have the answers you wanted.

Marcus
I could have accepted a response stating they hadn't gotten a hold of a JL yet to check (though I'd have to wonder why given they are available and the Wrangler is their bread and butter). Unfortunately, that's not the case. They had one in their Florida (I think he said Miami) warehouse to try out rims. He provided no specifics other than they definitely wouldn't fit with 35s without altering the tire carrier. When I explained I wasn't worried about 35s specifically ... I just wanted to know if the rim would mount properly over the camera, he indicated probably not, but later said some might. No specifics and completely unhelpful. Given there are probably more Fuel wheels on wranglers than any other vehicle on the planet, this is ridiculous. The wheel I was most interested in getting is a Fuel, but no longer. I'm not giving them a penny of my hard earned money. On a happier note, KMC has updated their XD wheels on their website to show which ones fit the JL. I messaged them to confirm they will fit the carrier. I'll let y'all know.
Sponsored