Aftermarket wheel lug nuts

MrFenderpicks

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
So i bought a set of Fuel Wheels and i have not been able to find lugs that will fit it.

From looks of it it will have to be a SMALLER lug nut head in order to clear these wheels.
Id imagine any and all aftermarket wheel will have this problem.

Does anyone know some good quality lugs that will fit the Fuel brand wheels?
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
So i bought a set of Fuel Wheels and i have not been able to find lugs that will fit it.

From looks of it it will have to be a SMALLER lug nut head in order to clear these wheels.
Id imagine any and all aftermarket wheel will have this problem.

Does anyone know some good quality lugs that will fit the Fuel brand wheels?
Here's a thread I put up as I had a similar issue and didn't want to use the small spline nuts.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/looking-for-better-safer-lug-nuts.43461/

OP
OP
MrFenderpicks

MrFenderpicks

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I stumbled upon your thread and i actually bought them on amazon.
It would fit in the opening of the wheel but the socket would never clear the actual gap that there is.
Hope you were able to return them then :(

WindyCityWilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
The factory lug nuts for the factory wheels are much larger than the lug nuts needed for aftermarket wheels. In the pictures below, the silver lug nuts are factory lug nuts. The black ones are for aftermarket wheels. Factory lug nuts for factory wheels measure 26mm across the seat while aftermarket lug nuts for aftermarket wheels measure 23mm across the seat.

If you're looking for aftermarket lug nuts for factory wheels, check out Gorilla 61148CX (chrome) or 61148BCX (black). These are one-piece lug nuts that will not swell/corrode like the factory lug nuts tend to do. Gorilla calls these Factory Style Bulge.

If you're looking for aftermarket lugnuts for aftermarket wheels, almost any Bulge Acorn nuts will work. I'm using Gorilla 91128BC for my aftermarket wheels - but they are not Fuel wheels.

20210209_155517.jpg

20210209_155539.jpg

20210209_155553.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
MrFenderpicks

MrFenderpicks

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
The factory lug nuts for the factory wheels are much larger than the lug nuts needed for aftermarket wheels. In the pictures below, the silver lug nuts are factory lug nuts. The black ones are for aftermarket wheels. Factory lug nuts for factory wheels measure 26mm across the seat while aftermarket lug nuts for aftermarket wheels measure 23mm across the seat.

If you're looking for aftermarket lug nuts for factory wheels, check out Gorilla 61148CX (chrome) or 61148BCX (black). These are one-piece lug nuts that will not swell/corrode like the factory lug nuts tend to do. Gorilla calls these Factory Style Bulge.

If you're looking for aftermarket lugnuts for aftermarket wheels, almost any Bulge Acorn nuts will work. I'm using Gorilla 91128BC for my aftermarket wheels - but they are not Fuel wheels.

Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket wheel lug nuts 20210209_155553

Thank you for your input
I got some Mcgard coming today, if they dont work i will try the ones you mention!