Tupacca

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Bought the JLU Sport, manual everything and no options just as I wanted it. Only thing is, living in Texas without tinted windows will drive me nuts! Glass is easy, but haven’t seemed to find soft top plastic windows that are tinted for sale anywhere? Anyone have any luck?
Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Bought the JLU Sport, manual everything and no options just as I wanted it. Only thing is, living in Texas without tinted windows will drive me nuts! Glass is easy, but haven’t seemed to find soft top plastic windows that are tinted for sale anywhere? Anyone have any luck?
im right there with you. i think we'll just have to wait till the aftermarket catches up or you can grab some oem ones from the dealer. not sure if they sell the windows separately but i would hope so, in case you lose one.

although in my case, i took the windows off the week after i bought it and just put them back on last week when it started to rain. they were in storage all summer.

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)
Factory tint is just dark glass/plastic for cosmetics. It has no IR rejection or temperature benefits of something like aftermarket ceramic window tint. I haven’t heard of anyone applying film to soft windows though.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Factory tint is just dark glass/plastic for cosmetics. It has no IR rejection or temperature benefits of something like aftermarket ceramic window tint. I haven’t heard of anyone applying film to soft windows though.
I've done this several times with Insta-Cling or static cling tint. These tints do not use adhesive.

OP
OP
Tupacca

Tupacca

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I've done this several times with Insta-Cling or static cling tint. These tints do not use adhesive.
Did this work? Did it come out well? Curious to find out more!

Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Ya, factory tint is just privacy glass. Has no Heat rejection benefits at all. That is why I opted for NO factory tint. Much cheaper to apply a ceramic tint anyway after.

I hear you about Texas heat LOL. and I'm farther south than you :(

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Did this work? Did it come out well? Curious to find out more!
It worked and lasted for years, but may not have the optical quality of regular tint.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
It worked and lasted for years, but may not have the optical quality of regular tint.
Whenever I see tinted windows , they have wavy lines or water splotches . They look very amateur dumb , actually .

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Ya, factory tint is just privacy glass. Has no Heat rejection benefits at all. That is why I opted for NO factory tint. Much cheaper to apply a ceramic tint anyway after.
Wearing sunglasses has the same benefit , no ?

Sponsored

algoo31

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I got the stock basic jeep as well and ended up going with the OEM tinted options from the dealer. The dealer should be able to look up the tinted windows from the Sport S model and order those for you.

Dudebassoon

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2.0l , and a 2015 Renegade Trailhawk
I got the stock basic jeep as well and ended up going with the OEM tinted options from the dealer. The dealer should be able to look up the tinted windows from the Sport S model and order those for you.
But doesn't that have a different material? I thought the premium top came with the tinted windows but was more of a twill fabric over the base vinyl.

algoo31

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
But doesn't that have a different material? I thought the premium top came with the tinted windows but was more of a twill fabric over the base vinyl.
There are both tinted black diamond and twill options on the sport s. There is a post on here somewhere that has the actual part #s for the tinted non premium windows.

Dudebassoon

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2.0l , and a 2015 Renegade Trailhawk
There are both tinted black diamond and twill options on the sport s. There is a post on here somewhere that has the actual part #s for the tinted non premium windows.
Excellent! Is the "black diamond" the base model non sport s Soft top? The twill is the premium correct?

algoo31

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Correct :) black diamond is the base model non premium.
Sponsored