Greymatter

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Vehicle Showcase
I am looking to add a steel bumper to my 21 willys which will have 34” tires and rubicon suspension with 3/4 inch spacers netting out just under a 2“ lift.

Looking at the aftermarket stubby bumpers they seem to only be installed on high lift rigs with large tires. This makes me hesitant to add one to my modest build as I’m not sure if it will look out of balance.

I really love the motobilt hammer bumpers. Would like to see people’s rigs with aftermarket steel stubbies on a modest built Jeep.

Am I overthinking this? I just want things to be balanced, I do love the stock steel bumper but would prefer a more unique look if possible.

Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Steel Bumpers for Slightly Modified Jeep’s 9645A07A-DF01-4727-8B96-C22B0F95D709
Sponsored

Bingman

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy’s
That's a really nice looking bumper.
I agree. My only complaint about it is that it doesn’t cover the “walrus tusks”/crash bars like the motobilt one does for example. But besides that, I love it, especially for the price.

Sponsored

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
Rough Country winch bumper with integrated LED lightbar. Will accommodate OEM LED fogs as well.

It's just a bit longer than a stubby but less wide than the OEM unit.

Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Steel Bumpers for Slightly Modified Jeep’s 20210828_101812

Here's the OEM bumper for comparison:

Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Steel Bumpers for Slightly Modified Jeep’s 04

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I just installed the Wsrn Crawler Stubby on a stock JL Rubicon. I think it looks good and wasnt crazy expensive.

JokerCA

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Rough Country winch bumper with integrated LED lightbar. Will accommodate OEM LED fogs as well.

It's just a bit longer than a stubby but less wide than the OEM unit.

Here's the OEM bumper for comparison:

Wow! Looks great…I’ve been looking at that exact RC bumper myself.

Taxman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ-7, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
CPA
Vehicle Showcase
I got the Motobilt Hammer and absolutely love it. The installation of the bumper was extremely easy and I was able to do it in about 45 minutes by myself. My Jeep has a set of Traxda 1.5" coil spacers up front and 1" coil spacers in the rear. Tires are 35x11.50 Toyo Open Country A/T III on stock Rubicon wheels with no wheel spacers.

The bumper by itself looks good, but looked a little bare without a winch, so I installed a set of KC fogs with yellow lenses while I waited for my winch to arrive. Once the winch arrived, I removed the KCs and replaced the stock LED fog lights with a set of Diode Dynamics SS3s with yellow lenses. They made a huge difference and fit perfectly with zero issues. I don't have a photo of the bumper with the DD SS3s.

The shop that powder coated the bumper did an amazing job. I used a 50% gloss black. It has a great semi-glass sheen to it and has held up very well for the 9 months I've had it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Steel Bumpers for Slightly Modified Jeep’s IMG_1087

Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Steel Bumpers for Slightly Modified Jeep’s IMG_0975

Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Steel Bumpers for Slightly Modified Jeep’s IMG_1137
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Steel Bumpers for Slightly Modified Jeep’s IMG_1136
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Steel Bumpers for Slightly Modified Jeep’s IMG_1156

Sponsored

Baconator

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler
Here's my no lift sport with stock tires and stubby bumper. I love it, though I do look forward to raising it an inch or three and wearing these tires out to get some with a nicer profile.

It's all up to you. I love the fully exposed front tire aesthetically, regardless of other mods.

20210909_200518.jpg