Aftermarket speaker upgrade question...

shatty

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lexus NX 250, 2016 Corvette ZO6/ZO7
Has anyone changed the speakers in their JL to 6.5" components? Im wondering if a 6.5" woofer will fit in the knee locations and sound bar with fabrication?
Sponsored

StereoRubicon

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2019 Rubicon
Has anyone changed the speakers in their JL to 6.5" components? Im wondering if a 6.5" woofer will fit in the knee locations and sound bar with fabrication?
I’m curious about this as well. Just picked up a 19 Rubicon Unlimited with the Alpine system and it SUCKS

Kapoosh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in the process of doing this and I'll post a thread with all the details in the next week or so once it's finished. 6.5's in the knee panels isn't happening. My fabricator however did get 6.5's in the soundbar and even that took quite a bit of fabrication as the stock speakers are only 3.5-4". We're taking measurements as we go, so I'll have more information over the next couple of days.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Thats what I've heard. 6.5's will have to be put in Soundbar with some Cutting of the actual sounder. I'm interested in what your fabricator came up with.

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
How come no one has made a custom sound bar for the Jl’s. I have a good bit of money tied up in a aftermarket sound system but I’m still not the happiest with it. I haven’t had anyone fab anything though.

Sponsored

allenn

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 4 Door
I'm in the process of doing this and I'll post a thread with all the details in the next week or so once it's finished. 6.5's in the knee panels isn't happening. My fabricator however did get 6.5's in the soundbar and even that took quite a bit of fabrication as the stock speakers are only 3.5-4". We're taking measurements as we go, so I'll have more information over the next couple of days.
Got any pics or measurements yet?

onlyontwo

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep JLU Willys, AEV 2.5 on 35's
Also curious where this ended up.

Cheers,
-A
Sponsored