BernMason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting-gray w/ Turbocharged 2.0 L DOHC I4
Occupation
PM
Vehicle Showcase
Hutchinson rock monster 17x8.5 (4.63 backspacing I believe thatwould be -3mm)

Cooper stt pro 37’s

No lift

3989EB20-B8B6-4DA9-A293-039821845B71.jpeg

638B64A2-B2E5-4CEB-A34F-8316D3177070.jpeg

360ED325-49AA-4149-9304-E36C25994B0B.jpeg
Great looking rig! Have you regeared? If not, any issues? Did you flash ECU to update for size?
Sponsored

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
What gearing you running? If stock, any issues? Did you flash ECU for tire update?
none yet. 5.13s are sitting in a box at the house. i did flash the ECU with the flash cal piece from super chips. not too bad. towing is a bit rough, but normal driving is manageable.

Q’s JLUR

First Name
Quen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Lead Engineer
Hey all,

New to this forum. I ordered a 2019 JLUR black. It just came in after about a 2 month wait. This is my first Jeep, and I’m already loving it.

I wanted to ask about wheels & tires. I’m pretty sure I want to go with the K02’s in a 35” size. What I’m unsure of is what wheels to go with. I know that’s a loaded questions but just wondering if anyone out there has seen a black rubi with just an awesome wheel setup that they loved. Thanks for any insight.

Q

Sponsored

Q’s JLUR

First Name
Quen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Lead Engineer
I have these. New to the forum. 37 bfg mt. 17 mopar wheels. Not sure I am crazy about red bead locks but this is what was on it when I purchased.

3DD27672-6BB5-4EF3-A9B8-1C01441B6970.jpeg
Do you still have these red mopar bead locks?

BernMason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting-gray w/ Turbocharged 2.0 L DOHC I4
Occupation
PM
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all,

New to this forum. I ordered a 2019 JLUR black. It just came in after about a 2 month wait. This is my first Jeep, and I’m already loving it.

I wanted to ask about wheels & tires. I’m pretty sure I want to go with the K02’s in a 35” size. What I’m unsure of is what wheels to go with. I know that’s a loaded questions but just wondering if anyone out there has seen a black rubi with just an awesome wheel setup that they loved. Thanks for any insight.

Q
I saw a pretty rad looking black rubi with tan black rhino armory or arsenal wheels:

https://www.blackrhinowheels.com/truck-wheels/

you can load in your vehicle specs and check what they look like, but I am loving the tan wheel look. Heavily considering them to go on my stingray rubi.

Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubi
Hey all,

Q
Q... wheel choice is so personal. Everyone has their own tastes. What appeals to me may not appeal to you. This is YOUR rig, not ours.

I'm very much of the mindset of stock wheel size & offset (within +/-10) and going larger tire. Something that will have no ill effects to the ride, handling. I trust brands that make the wheel for the Wrangler... not a "one for all." I'm partial to AEV for that reason. However, I am currently running a Jeep OEM black Moab wheel on my Rubi.

I'd also choose a wheel that will support your needs. I.e. hardcore rock crawling, mixed-use, pavement, etc. Choose the right tool for the job.

And absolutely, positively no fake beadlocks. :giggle: (just kidding... if you like fake beadlocks... go for it.)

Q’s JLUR

First Name
Quen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Lead Engineer
I saw a pretty rad looking black rubi with tan black rhino armory or arsenal wheels:

https://www.blackrhinowheels.com/truck-wheels/

you can load in your vehicle specs and check what they look like, but I am loving the tan wheel look. Heavily considering them to go on my stingray rubi.
Thanks Bern. I’ll have to check that out on the website. Those wheels are sick.

Sponsored

Q’s JLUR

First Name
Quen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Lead Engineer
Q... wheel choice is so personal. Everyone has their own tastes. What appeals to me may not appeal to you. This is YOUR rig, not ours.

I'm very much of the mindset of stock wheel size & offset (within +/-10) and going larger tire. Something that will have no ill effects to the ride, handling. I trust brands that make the wheel for the Wrangler... not a "one for all." I'm partial to AEV for that reason. However, I am currently running a Jeep OEM black Moab wheel on my Rubi.

I'd also choose a wheel that will support your needs. I.e. hardcore rock crawling, mixed-use, pavement, etc. Choose the right tool for the job.

And absolutely, positively no fake beadlocks. :giggle: (just kidding... if you like fake beadlocks... go for it.)
I know it was a loaded question haha, thanks for your input. I live at the beach so this rig will only see a little light off-roading when I’m in the mountains, mostly 4H on the beach and about 75% pavement. My wheel/tire setup will be mostly for looks.

So if I’m mostly on the road would a 35” tire be okay for ride Quality on the stock 17” rim? I assumed too much rubber could affect the ride quality just like not enough rubber?

Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubi
I know it was a loaded question haha, thanks for your input. I live at the beach so this rig will only see a little light off-roading when I’m in the mountains, mostly 4H on the beach and about 75% pavement. My wheel/tire setup will be mostly for looks.

So if I’m mostly on the road would a 35” tire be okay for ride Quality on the stock 17” rim? I assumed too much rubber could affect the ride quality just like not enough rubber?
I went from the stock 33" to the 35" (K02)... no notice in ride quality change (the K02 is also one of the lighter AT tires on the market... so the unsprung weight did not increase by much). Your speedo reads a little slower than actual (remedied via a Tazer JL or having your dealer reprogram).

Q’s JLUR

First Name
Quen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Lead Engineer
I went from the stock 33" to the 35" (K02)... no notice in ride quality change (the K02 is also one of the lighter AT tires on the market... so the unsprung weight did not increase by much). Your speedo reads a little slower than actual (remedied via a Tazer JL or having your dealer reprogram).
Awesome thanks. Did you go with any type of lift? I’m stuck between the Mopar 2” and just a 2” Leveling Kit.