Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
How does the color of the Anza's "anthracite" ring match the billet silver?
Ever so slightly darker. If you check my garage, you'll see some pics with better lighting. Love these wheels... er... You'll hate these wheels, nobody should by them, ick. Did that sound believable? ;)

Seriously, these wheels are great, and they're easy to clean.

Sponsored

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
No tires yet, still deciding. Just wheels.

Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Rims / Wheels {filename}
I like Hutchison Wheels. Look great and real beadlock wheels. For some reason I’m turned off by wheels with fake beadlock pattern you see on many wheels.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I like Hutchison Wheels. Look great and real beadlock wheels. For some reason I’m turned off by wheels with fake beadlock pattern you see on many wheels.
Same here. These are so cool. I hope the color goes with my Sting Gray. If it clashes too much I will remove them and powder coat them a different color.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.
I just installed my new wheels and tires tonight. They are 17x9 ATX Ravines (AX194) with a -12mm offset or 4.53” backspace. The tires are 35/12.5/17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. They stick out about 2”-2.5” past the fenders. Everything fits great, no rubbing or clearance issues. I did have to sand down the backup camera housing a bit to get the spare on, but once the lock ring is installed you can’t see the sanded camera housing.

I’ll have to get some non-garage shots this weekend, but until then here are a few.

First I'd like to complement you on how nice your Jeep looks. Second, could you elaborate on the issue you had with these wheels and mounting the spare on the back up camera housing. I was under the impression that as long as the hub bore was 70 mm or greater there would be no issue and the center bore of the ATX Ravine 17x9 wheel is listed as 72 mmm. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored

clobato

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR 392
First I'd like to complement you on how nice your Jeep looks. Second, could you elaborate on the issue you had with these wheels and mounting the spare on the back up camera housing. I was under the impression that as long as the hub bore was 70 mm or greater there would be no issue and the center bore of the ATX Ravine 17x9 wheel is listed as 72 mmm. Thanks in advance.

Thanks!

With my wheels, the center bore on the back side of the wheel is plenty large enough. The wheels fit on the hubs with no issue at all.

Where I had issues was on the front side of the wheel where the center cap is. The opening for the center cap is about 2” in diameter. The backup camera housing is slight larger than that, so the wheel was getting hung up on the camera housing. I ended using my Dremel and shaving off a little of the material on the outer diameter of the housing and the wheel slid right on.

Here are a couple pics of the spare. The first is without the lock ring. See how tight the front of the wheel is to the housing? The second is with the lock ring. All the sanding is hidden by the lock ring.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks!

With my wheels, the center bore on the back side of the wheel is plenty large enough. The wheels fit on the hubs with no issue at all.

Where I had issues was on the front side of the wheel where the center cap is. The opening for the center cap is about 2” in diameter. The backup camera housing is slight larger than that, so the wheel was getting hung up on the camera housing. I ended using my Dremel and shaving off a little of the material on the outer diameter of the housing and the wheel slid right on.

Here are a couple pics of the spare. The first is without the lock ring. See how tight the front of the wheel is to the housing? The second is with the lock ring. All the sanding is hidden by the lock ring.

That looks pretty good, I was lucky enough with mine not to have to do anything special, I left the center cap off and just installed the camera housing cover and it looks pretty clean

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.
Thanks!

Thanks for the detailed explanation and pictures. Would you say you had to do minimal sanding to make the wheel fit?

clobato

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR 392
Thanks for the detailed explanation and pictures. Would you say you had to do minimal sanding to make the wheel fit?
No problem. Yeah, I would say so. I had to sand down maybe 1/8” in total diameter across about a 1” or 2” length. With the Dremel, it took maybe 10-15 minutes of sanding to get the wheel to slide on the housing. I’d say it was a relatively easy mod to get the spare on.

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
Found a good deal on Pacer Nighthawk 166SB in 17x8.5. Wrapped them with Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLTs in 285/75/17.

Really like this look, very nice and classic, nicely done!
Sponsored