Sponsored

Aftermarket Rims / Wheels

WRGLR-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy's 2 door
Vehicle Showcase
Went with Mickey Thompson Classic III wheels and some Dura-Tracs. Wheels are very similar to the ProComp wheels but these have a glossy finish as compared to the matte finish.

IMG_0592.JPG

IMG_0593.JPG
Sponsored

MaulKrawler

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sport
Just alittle afternoon shot on my way home from work.....2019 Jeep Sahara JL on 33inch tires Ridge Grapplers 17x9 no lift just rear spacers too adjust the load in the rear..

Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Rims / Wheels IMG_0593.JPG
Whats the offset on your wheels? They look great

Sponsored

JLOrange

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara 2.0 turbo JL
I bought the Quadratec 41's in satin black. They work for me, and the holiday deal of getting the 5th wheel for free.... if it's for free, it's for me!

Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Rims / Wheels IMG_0593.JPG
What size tires are you running? Are on stock suspension? That looks awesome!

Pdiehm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
AML Investigator
i am getting so much conflicting information on 20x9 0 offset wheels when compared to my 18x7.5 wheels.

Shop A says they'll be flush
Shop B says they'll be pushed out 2.5"
Shop C says it'll be about 1" out.

Tires that I'm planning are 275/60R20 (33x10.8) or 295/55R20 (32.8x11.6). Backspacing goes from 5.98 from stock to 5" with the wheels I'm looking at.

One picture looks like they push out a good amount, the next looks like they are barely outside the fender well. State inspection fails on anything more than 1", but that said, my inspection is in 5 years.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
i am getting so much conflicting information on 20x9 0 offset wheels when compared to my 18x7.5 wheels.

Shop A says they'll be flush
Shop B says they'll be pushed out 2.5"
Shop C says it'll be about 1" out.

Tires that I'm planning are 275/60R20 (33x10.8) or 295/55R20 (32.8x11.6). Backspacing goes from 5.98 from stock to 5" with the wheels I'm looking at.

One picture looks like they push out a good amount, the next looks like they are barely outside the fender well. State inspection fails on anything more than 1", but that said, my inspection is in 5 years.
Shop B is very close to correct. The outer edge of 20x9 wheels with 5.0" backspacing will be approx. 2.6" pushed out wider than stock wheels.

Pdiehm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
AML Investigator
Shop B is very close to correct. The outer edge of 20x9 wheels with 5.0" backspacing will be approx. 2.6" pushed out wider than stock wheels.
yeah, i'm looking at wheels with a +18 to +20 offset. I don't have to room to keep 4 tires to be used for 10 minutes every 2 years...so I gotta get something that will pass inspection.

Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
It is important to have aluminum and large openings not with chrome or otherwise because aluminum wastes heat and maintains the efficiency of brakes.
definitely true with high speed sports cars where excesive braking will generate lots of heat but with Jeep steel rims work just fine

Nano

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara 2018
On my JLU Sahara.
Cooper XLT 295/70/R17 with the Fuel Cover D696 (17x9) they have -12 offset.
No lift, everything on stock and no rubbing.

Since I put them on, i'm having issues with my TPMS, doesn't read properly...

IMG_0294.JPG

IMG_0295.JPG

IMG_0299.JPG

IMG_0291.jpg

ArgentFox

First Name
GJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Advice for an old man please....There may have been information on this earlier, but I thought I would ask again. sorry

I picked up my 2021 Rubicon yesterday and I would like to put on new wheels.

I am NOT going to do a lift kit because I am 70 years old and stock is just fine for me.

But I do like the look of Fuel Beast Wheels and was thinking of getting 18" wheels. I was going to put on the Toyo Open Country A/T tires

I live in Chicago and will use if primarily in the city so dont want too rough of a ride. But I am also taking it often to my fishing cabin in Wisconsin where I have to use some old forest service roads plus cross a couple streams to get to my favorite fishing holes etc.

Can anyone offer friendly tips and suggestions to and old man on my wheel and tire size and type of tires.

Thanks

BernMason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting-gray w/ Turbocharged 2.0 L DOHC I4
Occupation
PM
Vehicle Showcase
Advice for an old man please....There may have been information on this earlier, but I thought I would ask again. sorry

I picked up my 2021 Rubicon yesterday and I would like to put on new wheels.

I am NOT going to do a lift kit because I am 70 years old and stock is just fine for me.

But I do like the look of Fuel Beast Wheels and was thinking of getting 18" wheels. I was going to put on the Toyo Open Country A/T tires

I live in Chicago and will use if primarily in the city so dont want too rough of a ride. But I am also taking it often to my fishing cabin in Wisconsin where I have to use some old forest service roads plus cross a couple streams to get to my favorite fishing holes etc.

Can anyone offer friendly tips and suggestions to and old man on my wheel and tire size and type of tires.

Thanks
I like the ratio of of wherl/rubber with 17 inch wheels and 35 tires.

I am sure there are some on here who know far more than me, but with stock Rubicon suspension, you will maintain better clearance with 35's over 37's and best with 33's..

NOTE - have 17 inch pro comp 69s and 35 Yokohama Geolander M/T's my Rubicon, and just did a 10 day trip between front range and black hills going over similar forest service roads and had rubbing issues. (Was fully loaded, myself, 2 passengers, plus rather distinguished elderly Black Lab).
Sponsored