Sponsored

Aftermarket Rims / Wheels

CashMonkey

First Name
Rolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grey 2009 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 5SPDMT Black 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5SL Sedan 6SPDAT
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered mine from here. There is a 5% discount code floating around, no tax, and free shipping. -12 offset and 4.53 backspacing sticks out roughly 2 inches beyond the fender.

sJqiOFV.png
Thanks for the heads up! Your rims look clean like your rig came out the factory custom built like that :like:
Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Forgot to ask, but when adding new rims and wheels. That are larger than factory, will I need to recalibrate my speedometer to compensate for the larger tires? I was using this calculator https://www.willtheyfit.com it was calculating that my speedo would lose reading accuracy of about 2 to 3% meaning at 60mph my speedo would read something like 59mph or something. Sorry Im new to putting bigger tires on vehicles.
If you want it to be accurate, yes, you’ll have to pay to have it recalibrated. Should be something like $125 through your dealer.

CashMonkey

First Name
Rolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grey 2009 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 5SPDMT Black 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5SL Sedan 6SPDAT
Vehicle Showcase
If you want it to be accurate, yes, you’ll have to pay to have it recalibrated. Should be something like $125 through your dealer.
Thanks, 125 after you spent 50k+ on a JLU and 2k+ on wheels and tires seems worth it lol. Will new TPMS be needed too? Or are the factory ones ok?

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Thanks, 125 after you spent 50k+ on a JLU and 2k+ on wheels and tires seems worth it lol. Will new TPMS be needed too? Or are the factory ones ok?
No problem. TPMS should be fine, just make sure the shop knows to transfer from your stock tires/wheels to your new ones.

BGJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2020 JLUR
Newbie here waiting on my first Jeep to arrive and looking for some advice. Dealer willing to give credit on my stock Sahara wheels/tires. Have been looking at wheels online, but there are so many options! I seem to be drawn to MotoMetal’s designs for some reason. What is the expert opinion on this brand? Any other brands to recommend or avoid? Lastly, does anyone know the weight of the stock Sahara wheels/tires? Thanks!

Sponsored

jeepnoob

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granite 2018 JLUR
I got those same wheels on my Granite Rubi. About to swap out the spokes and star for red ones. I'll post when I get them done.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I still don't know how I will manage the rear backup camera with the rhino armory though. It looks like it has a big center cap that will have to be removed. What does it look like behind the center cap?
Dont you have to leave off the center cap on the spare on all the wheels anyway ? It would be in the way on all the wheels with a cap on it.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I have the 17" Black Rhino Armory wheels (in black/"gunmetal") with my 35" KO2s.
The camera fits through the center (hub) bore but you would have to leave off or cut a hole in the plastic center piece.
I just left my plastic piece off the spare for now--I have already used a 2.5 hole saw to cut out the very center.
I don't like this as much (it obstructs the view of the camera just a smidge), so I plan to use a jig saw to cut out the entire center of the plastic cover.
(see attached pic: current - blue circle cut out / future = red circle cut out).
The other thing to worry about is that you will need to buy lugs that fit (your entire lug should be able to be dropped through a 22 mm hole, but go with something less than 21 mm, as you still need to get the socket in the lug bore hole). There are plenty if options. I went with some cheap ebay lugs -- 24 of them for about 20 bucks.

truck-wheels-rims-black-rhino-armory-8-lug-gunblack-std-org2.jpg
I want to also get the black rhino Armory wheels on my white JL that i am getting. It looks awesome with the granite crystal color because of that gun metal color.What do yall think about that color with a white jeep instead of the black wheels that myself and a lot of people have on the white jeeps ?

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I have the 17" Black Rhino Armory wheels (in black/"gunmetal") with my 35" KO2s.
The camera fits through the center (hub) bore but you would have to leave off or cut a hole in the plastic center piece.
I just left my plastic piece off the spare for now--I have already used a 2.5 hole saw to cut out the very center.
I don't like this as much (it obstructs the view of the camera just a smidge), so I plan to use a jig saw to cut out the entire center of the plastic cover.
(see attached pic: current - blue circle cut out / future = red circle cut out).
The other thing to worry about is that you will need to buy lugs that fit (your entire lug should be able to be dropped through a 22 mm hole, but go with something less than 21 mm, as you still need to get the socket in the lug bore hole). There are plenty if options. I went with some cheap ebay lugs -- 24 of them for about 20 bucks.

truck-wheels-rims-black-rhino-armory-8-lug-gunblack-std-org2.jpg
How do you like the Armory wheels ? do you think they would good on a white JL with that gun metal color ? or would a black wheel look better ? i am just tired of the same fuels and XD wheels everyone has like i have in my fuel hostages wheels. They look great in black but tired of the same look. i have had them for the last 8 years on different trucks and now my jeep. I also thought about the black pro comp hammer but this Armory is just sick looking. it s so rugged looking with those bolts on itso what about it on a white JL ?

Sponsored

dragonslayer

First Name
kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 nissan juke
Vehicle Showcase
I also left off the center cap on the spare, obviously. Rimzone (rims1) shipped them to my door mounted, balanced & with new TPMS sensors installed (they registered automatically & immediately) and Nitrogen filled. 2018-04-16 19.55.13.jpg

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I also left off the center cap on the spare, obviously. Rimzone (rims1) shipped them to my door mounted, balanced & with new TPMS sensors installed (they registered automatically & immediately) and Nitrogen filled. 2018-04-16 19.55.13.jpg
That is pretty cool how they can ship them already balanced ready to go and doesn't even mess anything up during shipment so you can just mount them right on your Jeep

dragonslayer

First Name
kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 nissan juke
Vehicle Showcase
I've done that on ALL my wheel upgrades. 7 times so far, different outlets & ALL were flawless transactions. Makes it easy to do it yourself. :like:

Mugzzzee

First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired since 2004
Those wheels look great! What part number? Where did you order them? I am waiting on my JLUR in firecracker red and these wheels would look great on my new vehicle. Cheers