Aftermarket Remote Start with App on a Jeep that has factory remote start?

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Red JLUR
Hello everyone,

I’m very interested in the aftermarket remote start device called Drone Mobile which uses an iPhone app to lock/unlock and remote start your vehicle. I have it on my Tacoma and it’s literally instant whereas the uConnect app takes upwards of over a minute to perform your command.

My one year free uConnect guardian is about to expire and I am definitely not going to renew it.

Is there anyone here that has installed an aftermarket remote start system on their Jeep that already had remote start from the factory? The information I’ve found online all revolves around Wranglers that did not come with remote start from the factory.

I know I can always use the key fob but it only works at short range whereas the drone mobile is unlimited distance.

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
I've been using my Viper system in my JK and its been great. I will be looking at options also as I hear the uconnect is lack luster at best. As it goes through the Sirius sat network.

OP
OP
DavidArmen

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Red JLUR
I've been using my Viper system in my JK and its been great. I will be looking at options also as I hear the uconnect is lack luster at best. As it goes through the Sirius sat network.
Yes it’s extremely slow to react to commands. I’m researching aftermarket options but it’s difficult since my jeep already has remote start. All these modules give remote start to a vehicle that did not have remote start from factory. I can’t find a module meant for devices that do have remote start where the user only wants the added functionality of starting the vehicle from anywhere using a phone app.

CrystalFit

First Name
Crystal
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys
I’m curious if there is any update on this? However, for me personally, I will not have remote start on my Jeep when it arrives from the factory in a couple more weeks… but very upset bc the dealer promised me that it would indeed have it despite being a manual. I tried to challenge that, he wouldn’t listen, just kept promising me it’d have it, soooo I stuck with the manual and hoped he was right. Now that I have my build sheet and window sticker online, nope… no remote start.

Very bummed as I literally had that conversation with him and he promised me the wrong thing. Now he says “no we can’t put that on there bc you have to press the clutch”. MFer!!

So just wondering what is a good aftermarket remote start to go with. And for real, should I be happy that I’m not getting it with Uconnect since others seem to be unsatisfied???

Advertisement

Bestop

Advertisement