Sponsored

Aftermarket Recalibration Program for Speedometer/Odometer?

The Pooch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hi, does anyone know of an aftermarket product to re calibrate for the larger tires we're putting on? I could only find tools that were available for the JK however didn't see any yet for the JL. I called a dealership and they want $145 to reprogram. I figured this is a bit steep to just adjust the speedometer a couple mph. Did anyone go this route? Did they notice any other difference adjusting for gear shifting in an auto?
Sponsored

martyb511

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara, 15 Lexus CT200h, 15 Toyota Highlander Ltd
I wonder if it's possible to find a forum member that purchased a Tazer, give him $20, and use it to change your Tire size?

Sponsored

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Thanks, i saw this thread however this appears to be double the price the dealership is offering to correct and don't see the added value of the other features.
Then it sounds like the dealership is your solution.

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
Thanks, i saw this thread however this appears to be double the price the dealership is offering to correct and don't see the added value of the other features.
I thought this to. But I own the unit for 2 dealership visits to change anything. Remember if you want to air down this unit can change the TPMS settings. That's why I bought it since I wanted to change both and the cost from the dealer was the same as the unit.
All the other features now and added in the future is bonus.

msb

First Name
Spenser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Went to the dealer today.... They wanted me to pay a $125 "change maintenance program enrollment fee" and then they wanted $135 for one hour of a technician. This was after I sat at the dealer for 2 hours waiting on them just for them to come tell me "We can't figure out how to do this... we will call Jeep and then call you back"... For $260 I could buy the Tazer or the Flashcal from Superchips... Both seem ridiculous for a 30 second change to the sales code...

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Went to the dealer today.... They wanted me to pay a $125 "change maintenance program enrollment fee" and then they wanted $135 for one hour of a technician. This was after I sat at the dealer for 2 hours waiting on them just for them to come tell me "We can't figure out how to do this... we will call Jeep and then call you back"... For $260 I could buy the Tazer or the Flashcal from Superchips... Both seem ridiculous for a 30 second change to the sales code...
A point to remember also, is that the programmer you buy today for X number of $ can be sold by you in the future when you eventually sell your JL. When you sell your trusty programmer you will recoop more then half of what you paid for it. It will sell quickly on Craigslist, etc.. Forget paying the dealer the $, go for a programmer.

msb

First Name
Spenser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
A point to remember also, is that the programmer you buy today for X number of $ can be sold by you in the future when you eventually sell your JL. When you sell your trusty programmer you will recoop more then half of what you paid for it. It will sell quickly on Craigslist, etc.. Forget paying the dealer the $, go for a programmer.
That's what I am thinking... Just trying to decide between the $330 Tazer JL or the $250 Flashcal for JL... Yaay Forum research :clap:

Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone seen this programmer yet?
https://www.roughcountry.com/speedometer-calibrator-90019a.html

Seems like it's only function is to reprogram speedometer and shift points. It's significantly cheaper than the Tazer, Tazer Lite, and Superchips Flashcal.
Haven't seen that one.

Since all it does is the tires and shift points, the dealer does that and it is covered under warranty for about the same price.

Seems silly to buy this and then disconnect it when going to the dealer each time so they don't know about it.

I have the TazerJL and like it a lot. I use a lot of the settings that I would have to have the dealer flash for me at $135-150 each so it paid for itself.

The added plus is all of the current features that the dealer can't do that should have been done and let's not forget the future programming that will be added free.

Yes, I would love to have the dealer install and program all of my stuff, but I just can't seem to justify the money and I don't trust them to do a really good job like I will.

Just my 3 cents, due to inflation.........

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I to also have the Tazer JL and utilize several of the features it offers like setting tire size, ESS, Auto Park, turnCam, Fog drop, there will be additional features I use when I swap to LED’s

As stated the Tazer JL is pricey but in the scheme of things it’s a cheap mod to do and not permanent and it literally takes 5 mins to remove and about that long to put back and if cost is something you are looking at you can buy the Tazer lite which does less but also cost about $100 less

All in all I am super pleased with this programmer

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
If all you want to do is adjust the speedometer I pay the dealership otherwise you are going to pay anywhere from $300 to $500 for a programmer/tuner.
Sponsored