Sponsored

Aftermarket Rear Bumper that compliments OEM front steel bumper

BamaJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Grey
Just like the title says, I am looking for recommendations for an aftermarket rear bumper that would compliment the look of the OEM mopar steel bumper. Having trouble finding something that blends. Pics would be appreciated. (if this has been asked before please just insert the thread and I'll let this one slowly die down the list)
Sponsored

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
what is about most other after market bumpers that yo do not like?

Most after market bumpers are made from thick steel plates at smaller companies and/or in limited number of units built. So a press brake and a welder is all the big tools they really have to do the the job. Where as Jeep has factories that just stamp out steel bumpers like nothing and can provide a more softer looking bumper. The only 2 companies that I know of that are making stamped bumpers are smittybilt stryker (https://www.quadratec.com/p/smittybilt/stryker-rear-bumper-jeep-wrangler-jl) and rugged ridge spartacus (https://www.quadratec.com/p/rugged-ridge/spartacus-rear-bumper-wrangler-jl) in large part the are part of much larger companies who have access to stamping equipment.

For the large part I wouldnt sweat toom much over looks front and rear matching as long as one end isnt overly gaudy and the other isnt and the paint isnt 2 completely different colors as you will never see the bumpers side to side for compairision unless you wrap the jeep around a telephone pole

OP
OP
BamaJeep

BamaJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Grey
Similar to what you just said, I was looking for a rear bumper with softer lines. You bring up some great points about not needing the two bumpers to match though. I guess that is one thing I was hoping to see, rear bumpers that weren't overly gaudy and had similar paint texture with mopar front. Thanks for the insight on the manufacturing process. That makes a lot of sense why most aftermarket ones look a certain way compared to the OEM and offerings from the larger companies. I'm not opposed to buying from the smaller companies though and think a lot of them look really good. I was just having a hard time picturing them with the mopar steel one. I guess I was trying to see pics of anyone that had the OEM steel bumper with an aftermarket rear one.

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Reviving an old thread, but I meet your criteria. I have the OEM front steel bumper and a Westin WJ2 rear (w/o tire carrier). Got the Westin because I got it new for only $300. But price aside, I actually do like it a lot. It seems to mimic the shape of the front, and the rear light cutouts mimic the front fogs. I also like that it has two cutouts for rock lights and hi-lift jack points. Really sturdy as well, much more so than the Mopar bumpers. I was rear ended by a Chevy 2500 on the passenger side corner about two weeks after installing. It was a very slow speed collision, but the Chevy was pretty busted up and the corner of my bumper was a bit shinier. No damage to mine at all.

Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Rear Bumper that compliments OEM front steel bumper 1614617987322

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Mopar steel front bumper without the wings, and Cavfab Ultra High Clearance rear bumper. It came in bare steel, so I had it powder coated locally to match the lightly textured black of the front.
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Rear Bumper that compliments OEM front steel bumper 20210128_132835_resized
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Rear Bumper that compliments OEM front steel bumper 20210117_135607_resized

Sponsored

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
I thought you had some kind of Punisher branded ARB differential cover. Took me a second to figure it out. I put the AEV covers on a while back, but ARB was a close second.

Last edited:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I thought you had some kind of Punisher branded ARB differential cover. Took me a second to figure it out. I put the AEV covers on a while back, but ARB was a close second.
Hahaha! That's the bearded punisher warrior with subtle American flag from Kempton Kustoms.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...sQFnoECAQQAg&usg=AOvVaw1jENBVXBfgnw877gvVw6dJ

I liked the ARB covers because of the notion of having a dipstick that could be used to check for water infiltration and the magnetic end would show signs of something wrong. I just wish they were mirror image side to side, because the track bars are semi blocking access to them. Especially the front, which is a bitch to fill. Plus, the outcropping for the dipstick protrudes out just enough to lightly contact the SteerSmarts front track bar. I'm switching to the Metalcloak bar, but if it's still an issue, I'm also looking at the ones from Next Venture Motorsports.
Sponsored