Sponsored

Aftermarket rear bumper that accepts factory tow hitch?

ShariJeep

First Name
Shari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys, 2012 JKU previously
I have a 20 JLU with factory tow pkg. I would like to find a rear bumper that will work with this and has accommodations for the sensors for the safety pkg. Any recommendations?
Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hard rock 4x4 and metalcloak both work with the factory hitch but they relocate then hitch plug. Motobilt also accommodates the hitch but unsure on the plug.

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
I've been eyeing the Rage 4th pro 76 series rear bumper. I like the simplicity. Just not sure how I want to mount the tire carrier yet: tailgate or bumper.

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Ram 2500 Cummins / 20 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
The Roam Pioneer Aluminum works with the hitch, though requires minor mods or relocation of the factory trailer wiring mount. I just installed it...if you want to see pics take a look at my build thread.

Sponsored

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR

logiedabear85

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I have a 20 JLU with factory tow pkg. I would like to find a rear bumper that will work with this and has accommodations for the sensors for the safety pkg. Any recommendations?
I'm in the same boat here. Just got JLU Rubi Tuesday. The one that's really been catching my eye is the Expedition One Trail Series 2 Base. Sensor holes, factory hitch, and license plate relocation.

Agswin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I like the Ace bumpers as well, just wondering what is needed to fit a 37" spare tire?

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I have Warn Elite front and rear bumpers and the rear bumper leaves the factory hitch in place without modification and has holes for rear sensors. I chose the Warn's as I wanted American made, liked how the Zeon winch mounts in the front, also liked that they matched and they offer high clearance. Another plus for the front was the separate bolt on skid plate-the lower section of the front bumper is the most likely to take a hit and a replaceable skid plate rather than part of the bumper made sense to me.

LOD is another very good option to look at...

Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket rear bumper that accepts factory tow hitch? IMG_1775

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Can a 37" tire fit on the spare with the Warn?

A 37" tire would likely not fit on the OEM carrier, on my 35" KO2's I can just put my fingers between the tire and bumper step with very little clearance.

However I have since switched out OEM wheels with aftermarket 17"x8.5" wheels with 5.2" of backspacing and not happy with how far the spare sticks out from the tailgate or how much the view of the backup camera is obstructed...I ordered and just received a Teraflex Alpha HD Adjustable mount that allows for 4 way adjustment; up & down and in & out from tailgate-this will accommodate different size tires and wheels. The Teraflex also has a slightly extended camera housing that should restore the backup camera view to OEM specs and mounts using OEM mounting points.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The Cavfab Ultra High Clearance bumper accommodates the factory hitch and rear park sensors. Not sure about the plugs.
Sponsored