Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Tbh, not a big fan of the track bars.
I think most people think beefier is better, which may be true if they constantly banging it around rocks. However, smart engineering design is not about who is heaviest. Also flex is not a bad thing, a lot of these parts are designed to flex.

Bushings, on the other hand, are next to worthless on stock components.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Joe jl

Joe jl

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara jl
If that is the case, I'll go Rancho if I wind up with aftermarket parts. I'm not too worried about that right now, though. It was great for 14k miles, so I'm expecting my dealership to get it solved.
Was just informed from jeep care that they will no longer paying for aftermarket parts for this! 5 days before my Jeep is scheduled to have this done!!!! I was told jeep is in process of development of new stabilizers. DEVELOPMENT!!!! How much longer is that gonna take. So mad.

#HERJL18

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Work Hard - Play Harder
I have a 2018 JLUR that was built in March and I took delivery in May 2018. I installed the Mopar 2" lift and 37" K02 tires at 500 miles. After starting as a small shimmy and quickly escalating, I had full death wobble at 7,000 miles after having zero issues up until that point.
At that time no one was talking about the DW on JLs and the dealership ignored my requests to check it. So I installed a MetalCloak track bar and control arms as well as a Nexus Adjustable SS. Death wobble is gone and it drives great. I just hit 15,500 miles, so I have been good for 8,000 miles so far. I have had my eye on the Steer Smarts stuff but I won't spend the money unless my problems return.

OP
OP
Joe jl

Joe jl

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara jl
I have a 2018 JLUR that was built in March and I took delivery in May 2018. I installed the Mopar 2" lift and 37" K02 tires at 500 miles. After starting as a small shimmy and quickly escalating, I had full death wobble at 7,000 miles after having zero issues up until that point.
At that time no one was talking about the DW on JLs and the dealership ignored my requests to check it. So I installed a MetalCloak track bar and control arms as well as a Nexus Adjustable SS. Death wobble is gone and it drives great. I just hit 15,500 miles, so I have been good for 8,000 miles so far. I have had my eye on the Steer Smarts stuff but I won't spend the money unless my problems return.[/
At that time no one was talking about the DW on JLs and the dealership ignored my requests to check it. So I installed a MetalCloak track bar and control arms as well as a Nexus Adjustable SS. Death wobble is gone and it drives great. I just hit 15,500 miles, so I have been good for 8,000 miles so far. I have had my eye on the Steer Smarts stuff but I won't spend the money unless my problems return.
very frustrating
Sponsored