Turk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR BW
Occupation
Industrial HVAC Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys. No American can truly appreciate the extra cost, taxes, wait times, duties, exchange rate and availability woes of ordering aftermarket jeep parts quite like a Canadian JL owner.

I wanted to create this thread so that we can share any links, hot deals, or vendors that you have had a great experience with

know somewhere that has good prices without cross border shipping?

got a smoking deal ?

Post up your hot tips and positive ordering/ shopping links here!

See you on the trail
Sponsored

caged

First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1949 CJ3a 90XJ 00XJ 97TJ 18JLR
Adrien at just jeeps will be the best place to order most selection of jeep JL parts.
TIm at TMR will likely follow for any hard parts like bumpers, cages, steering links, etc.
hopefully Trevor at Trailhead Customs will start to produce flat fenders, bumpers, etc.
Jim at Rock Spyder sells lift kits, wheels/tires, etc.
Ryan at Offroad Addiction sells jeep parts, wheels/tires, etc.
there are others here in ontario that fabricate jeep parts, but not sure if they will support the JL's

Ron_H

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara in Punk'n Metallic
Occupation
Retired and spending the kid's inheritance
I live south of Vancouver, BC, near the Washington border and I have a US mailbox for the past 20 years. It pays for itself multiple time each year with saving on US purchases. I can't remember the last time I was charged tax or duty bring good back across the border, including the RockHard aluminum bumper and Smittybilt winch ($1599 US) mounted on my JLU.

For me, my close proximity to the border makes it easy but if I lived further away, I would still make the occasional cross-border trip by grouping my purchases. The saving easily pays for a day-drive.

Canadians get ripped off at the cash register constantly and all they say about it is "Sorry".

prdufresne

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon, 2019 JLU Rubicon (on order)
You should look into Frog Fab (https://www.frogfab.com/). It's a Canadian company based out of Montreal. They make a full line of JK products and are starting to offer JL products. They aren't well known outside of Quebec, but here in Ottawa, people are starting to notice.

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
Best part of being where I am, 5 minutes im state side at the postal outlet :D

Sponsored

OP
OP
turk

turk

First Name
Turk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR BW
Occupation
Industrial HVAC Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Best part of being where I am, 5 minutes im state side at the postal outlet :D
Welcome neighbor! Congrats on your JL order. Recognized your nickname as your JK license plate right away.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I order from northridge4x4.ca in Alberta. They don’t have much JL stock in their warehouse yet so it does take a while to get things.

Ron_H

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I order from northridge4x4.ca in Alberta. They don’t have much JL stock in their warehouse yet so it does take a while to get things.
If you don't mind me asking, why would you order from Ponoka, AB, 1300 km away, when Northridge 4x4 has a store only 300 km south in Silverdale, WA?

I drove down to Silverdale for the day, from Surrey, BC, and purchased some items and had some installs done. Nothing again the Ponoka outlet but I have stopped by there and talked to the owner. They didn't really have much for stock and none of it was JL product so virtually anything you order is going to have to be shipped in from the US and you'll be paying the freight cost to Ponoka and then out to Parksville. I returned from Northridge 4x4 with over $2000 of stuff and declared it at the border, fully expected to have to pay tax. I was told to have a nice day and didn't have to pay a cents extra bringing it into Canada.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
If you don't mind me asking, why would you order from Ponoka, AB, 1300 km away, when Northridge 4x4 has a store only 300 km south in Silverdale, WA?

I drove down to Silverdale for the day, from Surrey, BC, and purchased some items and had some installs done. Nothing again the Ponoka outlet but I have stopped by there and talked to the owner. They didn't really have much for stock and none of it was JL product so virtually anything you order is going to have to be shipped in from the US and you'll be paying the freight cost to Ponoka and then out to Parksville. I returned from Northridge 4x4 with over $2000 of stuff and declared it at the border, fully expected to have to pay tax. I was told to have a nice day and didn't have to pay a cents extra bringing it into Canada.
Well I live on Vancouver island so a trip down south is too expensive. I thought it was still cheaper to go through Alberta but now you hav me questioning that. I’ll have to do the math.

Dubeau9005

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2010 GMC Sierra 1500
Well I live on Vancouver island so a trip down south is too expensive. I thought it was still cheaper to go through Alberta but now you hav me questioning that. I’ll have to do the math.
I did the same thing. Ordered a DV8 bumper, a winch, the mopar floor mats and the rough country a-pillar lights. Been waiting for 4 weeks now and still haven’t gotten anything. Quadratec has the bumper I want in stock but don’t want the hassle of driving down to the border to go pick it up and get hassled coming back across.

Sponsored

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
Welcome neighbor! Congrats on your JL order. Recognized your nickname as your JK license plate right away.
Hey! Thanks still in BX as of yesterday but hoping for a Christmas delivery. The little JK is a hurting unit, motor is done and Ive been fighting with super dodge to warranty it

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
I returned from Northridge 4x4 with over $2000 of stuff and declared it at the border, fully expected to have to pay tax. I was told to have a nice day and didn't have to pay a cents extra bringing it into Canada.
If the item was made in the US or Mexico, I believe there's no duty on auto parts thanks to Nafta.

Ron_H

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If the item was made in the US or Mexico, I believe there's no duty on auto parts thanks to Nafta.
It is true that there is no "duty" but there is still "tax" due on goods over your personal exemption.

With less than 24 hours out of the country, you do not qualify for any personal exemption.
After you have been out of the country for more than 24 hours, you are entitled to bring back up to $200 (CDN$) tax and duty-free.
After 48 hr. you qualify for $800 (CDN$) duty and tax-free.

These rules are not typically adhered to closely. Living very close to the border, I go across often and I cannot recall the last time I was charged tax, even when well above the personal exemption limits. At greater than $2000 (US$), this was the best yet.
Sponsored