Barrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited, 2020 Honda Goldwing Bagger
Occupation
Network Technology Executive
Vehicle Showcase
My JLUR came with non LED headlights. I had LEDs installed and they worked for a while. Now they come on and flicker and then go off.

I've taken it back to the shop that did them. It is a high end audio and aftermarket company that deals in many exotics and they appear to be pretty knowledgeable. However, now they cannot get them to work. They even tried plugging ballast in line but they still go off.

Anyone else seeing this? I'm wondering if it is the Canbus system and or perhaps a setting that needs to be changed. I have a programmer but none of them have LED headlight settings.
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I am not sure but I believe the dealer has to flash the system for LED’s but I may be wrong, I know in the choices on my Tazer there is an option for LED’s to be turned on

OP
OP
Dadawada

Dadawada

First Name
Barrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited, 2020 Honda Goldwing Bagger
Occupation
Network Technology Executive
Vehicle Showcase
I am not sure but I believe the dealer has to flash the system for LED’s but I may be wrong, I know in the choices on my Tazer there is an option for LED’s to be turned on
Thanks. When I checked with both Tazer and SuperChips last they did not have an option for headlights. They only had options for fog and running lights. Are you sure you have an option for LED headlights to be turned on and not just running or fog?

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. When I checked with both Tazer and SuperChips last they did not have an option for headlights. They only had options for fog and running lights. Are you sure you have an option for LED headlights to be turned on and not just running or fog?
No I’m not sure, I know when I installed my Tazer and was going thru thru menu I saw some LED options but paid no attention to it much as I don’t have LED’s

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
What type of LEDs are you running, and, are you using an anti-flicker harness?

Sponsored

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Tazer website has a chart with what is supported for LED lighting.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
It is likely the LED Driver, Heat is the enemy of the LED components, especially the driver. The Driver likely worked fine till Heat impacted the system which is why it worked before and has issue now. Because these lighting are driver driven programming should be a non issue.
Sponsored