Aftermarket LED Tail Lights

JayCeeX2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2014 4Runner Limited
I'm trying to decide on LED tail lights to replace my factory halogen tail lights. I like these but reviews are really hit and miss -

Winjet® - Renegade Black/Red Sequential Fiber Optic LED Tail Lights
https://www.carid.com/2020-jeep-wrangler-taillights/winjet-renegade-tail-lights-2539918295.html

next are ones I noted a while ago, looks very similar to OEM without the OEM price tag

Overtread 19049 Skyline LED Tail Lights
https://www.quadratec.com/p/overtread/skyline-led-tail-lights-wrangler-jl-19049

Can I please get some feedback on anyone running either of these tail lights?

My third option is to just get the OEM LEDs, but they are a bit pricey compared to my other two options. The best prices Ive found so far is about $280 per side.
Sponsored

ahidro1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
I'm trying to decide on LED tail lights to replace my factory halogen tail lights. I like these but reviews are really hit and miss -

https://www.carid.com/2020-jeep-wrangler-taillights/winjet-renegade-tail-lights-2539918295.html

next are ones I noted a while ago, looks very similar to OEM without the OEM price tag

Overtread 19049 Skyline LED Tail Lights

Can I please get some feedback on anyone running either of these tail lights?

My third option is to just get the OEM LEDs, but they are a bit pricey compared to my other two options. The best prices Ive found so far is about $280 per side.
You can get these lights off eBay for $125 to $189. They all come from China and each company slightly changes it to their brand and offers different warranties; could be the actual LED lights that are different but all are basically the same; molding gets expensive so every company uses the same housing and material.

I have the aftermarket headlights and taillights both LED and paid around $240 for both. It's been 2 years with them and not a single problem. IF they do go out I'll just buy another pair from eBay or revert back to my OEM.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I ran these for a bit. Had issues with the passenger side light going dark for no reason. There were no warning indicators about a light or bulb out. A few others had the same issue.

I have since gone with these:

https://www.extremeterrain.com/raxiom-jeep-wrangler-led-tail-lights-j132754-jl.html

They are fantastic and only a few bucks more than the ones you posted from Quadratec (whic only have 2 reviews and 1 of them is not so good).

And just a quick word of advice, stay away from products by the company whose name starts with O. Their return policy is a joke.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
OP
OP
JayCeeX2

JayCeeX2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can get these lights off eBay for $125 to $189. They all come from China and each company slightly changes it to their brand and offers different warranties; could be the actual LED lights that are different but all are basically the same; molding gets expensive so every company uses the same housing and material.

I have the aftermarket headlights and taillights both LED and paid around $240 for both. It's been 2 years with them and not a single problem. IF they do go out I'll just buy another pair from eBay or revert back to my OEM.
Thanks, I'm just not a big eBay buyer. I did find two other 'brands' which look identical to the Overtread Skyline tail lights. One on eBay for 1/2 the price, and one on Carid for just under $300.00

I ran these for a bit. Had issues with the passenger side light going dark for no reason. There were no warning indicators about a light or bulb out. A few others had the same issue.

I have since gone with these:

https://www.extremeterrain.com/raxiom-jeep-wrangler-led-tail-lights-j132754-jl.html

They are fantastic and only a few bucks more than the ones you posted from Quadratec (whic only have 2 reviews and 1 of them is not so good).

And just a quick word of advice, stay away from products by the company whose name starts with O. Their return policy is a joke.
I looked at those Raxiom lights and I like everything about them, except the assembly itself. It looks like the stock halogen. The Quadratec ones look more like the assembly on the OEM LED's with the red lens wrapping the corners.

Ive seen some post about that O brand so I have stayed away from them. Thanks

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I looked at those Raxiom lights and I like everything about them, except the assembly itself. It looks like the stock halogen.
I actually like that they have the halogen type housing with their own unique hourglass LED look. I don't have blind spot monitoring and don't need/like the bulge that many lights have to accommodate them. Here are some pics of mine installed.

Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket LED Tail Lights IMG_0367
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket LED Tail Lights IMG_0368
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket LED Tail Lights IMG_0380
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket LED Tail Lights IMG_0381

OP
OP
JayCeeX2

JayCeeX2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I actually like that they have the halogen type housing with their own unique hourglass LED look. I don't have blind spot monitoring and don't need/like the bulge that many lights have to accommodate them. Here are some pics of mine installed.
Thanks for the pics, they do look really nice. And look like nice quality too. I have seen other members comment that they have them and like them. For that reason they were also on my list and I haven't ruled them out yet.

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
just installed these today....very impressed for $100 on Amazon

plug and play...so far so good

Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket LED Tail Lights tempImagenOUdRK
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket LED Tail Lights tempImagewVQypb

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Those O brand flush mount shure look nice.

OP
OP
JayCeeX2

JayCeeX2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
just installed these today....very impressed for $100 on Amazon

plug and play...so far so good
Looks good, I didn't want the smoked or dark lens. I ended up going with these:

https://www.carid.com/2020-jeep-wra...a-fiber-optic-led-tail-lights-2604451653.html

best I can tell they are identical to these:

I did see some others on eBay that looked like they might be the same for about $100 less but still decided to get the ones from CarID since they are a source I've dealt with before. They have been good about customer service and price matching, even after the fact.

I should get them this week. I also ordered the OEM aluminum fuel door. May as well do that while I have the tail lights out.

If I have any issues with these tail lights, my next choice will be the raxium tail lights.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JayCeeX2

JayCeeX2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those O brand flush mount shure look nice.
I did look at those and I agree, pretty sharp. Unique from what you see available too. Seems many here have not had a good experience with that company. I have seen some other threads and some seem to be happy with them. I have no personal experience. Either way they are not available now and I like what I picked out if they are as advertised.

OP
OP
JayCeeX2

JayCeeX2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got the tail lights installed about two weeks ago, just now posting pics for anyone that may be interested in these tail lights. Also installed the Jeep fuel door while I was replacing the tail lights.

50D7EF90-ED63-4AF9-AFBE-A10C8617125B.jpeg

CBC7BEF7-FF34-48A8-A0DC-8EB8F0F2EB25.jpeg

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Just like @jludave i bought into the Winjet lights and only had maybe a week and they went back as they had issues similar to others and after visiting with Dave on his Raxiom lights I got a set and they have been in since early July and zero issues.

Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket LED Tail Lights 82DE9316-BDE5-4B71-9412-A9B602BEAD39
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket LED Tail Lights B57A79C1-B7AB-4611-A2AD-655732BD94F6
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket LED Tail Lights A04EAEF0-5114-4CD4-915B-A481C163044A

OP
OP
JayCeeX2

JayCeeX2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE - my left tail light seems to have crapped out, well its working, but not as it should. These lights 'flow' 3 times when you first start up the Jeep (kind of cool really) but now they 'flow' random times while the lights are on. I put in a warranty claim as I've had them just over 60 days. Of course past the return window... :(

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 9.21.35 AM.png

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
I've been watching these taillight review threads since before I got my JL because I really want to upgrade but it seems like there are no actual quality, not smoked, aftermarket LED taillight options out there. Every one that has been reviewed either has an update that they died after a few months, or no update at all. It really looks like they are all re-branded versions of the same chinese knock-offs you can get on ebay or Amazon.
Sponsored