aftermarket LED head light Bulb question

sirryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
As I was about to purchase this set of replacement LED's for the head/fog light...I noticed some review on amazon pertaining to the fan?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ustomerReviews

Did a little more reading on this and was wondering which LED replacement is better...the ones with the cooling fans or with heat sinks? Or if it really doesn't matter?

I actually didn't realize these guys got that hot.
Sponsored

InspiredEngineering

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL, 2013 JKU on 60's, 1997 TJ on D60s
As I was about to purchase this set of replacement LED's for the head/fog light...I noticed some review on amazon pertaining to the fan?

Did a little more reading on this and was wondering which LED replacement is better...the ones with the cooling fans or with heat sinks? Or if it really doesn't matter?

Opposite of what most people think, LEDs do produce heat, just less than other lights with comparable output.

I would recommend veering away from that style and go with a full housing kit, like we offer. It might cost a little more at the start, but performance is better, so is reliability, light output, and looks are better (in our opinion)

Check this thread out with more info

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I went with the fan style. They’re ok.. not the greatest but they’ll have to work for now. Wallet is a little light after buying my jl.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase

I actually put this exact bulb in yesterday and IMHO they look pretty decent and if I have issues $40 is not a huge loss

A53CCC78-2761-43C4-8DCB-4B7587E24C46.jpeg
208B0D1D-F621-44C1-9B79-6EF4B989A9CB.jpeg

Sponsored

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
Keep in mind, if you live in a snowy climate... Yesterday was one of the days I’m happy to have the non-LED halogen bulbs. Weather in Chicagoland was crazy and a few errands ended up leaving a frozen mess. Saw another LED JLU and could barely make out his headlights as I passed him, but as you can see the standard halogens gave off enough heat to melt the mess, but most LED’s in Wranglers don’t.

FFB42FB4-2D32-4EB4-8B49-BED0474B32ED.jpeg

1FE00A61-4297-4C74-A163-390BE87785A9.jpeg

SwrvnMrvin

First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2015 Jeep Renegade Lattitude
I installed the Beamtechs about a month ago. So far they are great. No fan so I'm a little worried about being here in Vegas (110°F +) but the other day it hit high 90s almost 100 and I ran with my headlights on for nearly 70 miles. No problems.
Sponsored