Last edited:

J.R. Quimby

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ Sport
I want a winch bumper and a new rear bumper for my Rubi, and probably some sort of exhaust.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I want a winch bumper and a new rear bumper for my Rubi, and probably some sort of exhaust.
Honest question (I’ve never owned a Wrangler, but did have a Raptor): Can you make a Wrangler sound good with an aftermarket exhaust? Being a V6, I’m imagining an aftermarket exhaust sounding like those souped up street racers with the ridiculous wheel camber, which I would not like at all.

Can you get anywhere in the range of a deep, throaty gurgle like with a V8? (Raptor sounded Bad Ass - would love to get my new JL sounding good.)

Sponsored

J.R. Quimby

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ Sport
Honest question (I’ve never owned a Wrangler, but did have a Raptor): Can you make a Wrangler sound good with an aftermarket exhaust? Being a V6, I’m imagining an aftermarket exhaust sounding like those souped up street racers with the ridiculous wheel camber, which I would not like at all.

Can you get anywhere in the range of a deep, throaty gurgle like with a V8? (Raptor sounded Bad Ass - would love to get my new JL sounding good.)
More about I feel the aftermarket will eventually make an exhaust that tucks up under better. Also about the bumpers, I know I could get the factory steel kit, but I think in time the aftermarket will have some nice looking customs.

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line

No, most JK exhausts give you a raspy V6 tone. It won't get anywhere near a V8 sound. The new Gen 6 Camaro with the active exhaust sounds pretty good. I haven't heard any JK exhaust that sounds even close. I had the Borla and wasn't happy on my 3.8L JK. Too "ricer" not deep enough.
Sponsored