Sponsored

Aftermarket JL Lift Kit suspension options master list

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
How do you think that RK will compare with MetalCloak for ride comfort and on-road performance? Let's say it is for a JLUR with 37s. While we are at it, if good on-road driving characteristics are paramount, would you go with 2.5" or 3.5"?
I'm running the 3.5" x-factor with 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers and it handles amazing on road and off. I believe @Roky is running the same.
Sponsored

The Viking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper, TJ, JLUR
I'm running the 3.5" x-factor with 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers and it handles amazing on road and off. I believe @Roky is running the same.
Would you do a road trip with it? How is it on the highway compared to stock or around a curvy road? My lifted TJ is a pig on the road. Yeah, it is great off-road but I can't stand it on the highway. I want to be able to load up the JL and take it 500 miles to go camping without regretting getting a lift. Also, it is the daily driver.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
How do you think that RK will compare with MetalCloak for ride comfort and on-road performance? Let's say it is for a JLUR with 37s. While we are at it, if good on-road driving characteristics are paramount, would you go with 2.5" or 3.5"?
I am running rk 3.5 “ xfactor, it’s awesome as @word302 stated. My buddy’s on mc with rocksports, it’s also a great lift, just a bit stiffer on the road ride. He even finally admitted it , begrudgingly, lol. But you really can’t go wrong either way. IMHO, the only way you can, go wrong is to not use one of these lifts.......:)

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Would you do a road trip with it? How is it on the highway compared to stock or around a curvy road? My lifted TJ is a pig on the road. Yeah, it is great off-road but I can't stand it on the highway. I want to be able to load up the JL and take it 500 miles to go camping without regretting getting a lift. Also, it is the daily driver.
I drive mine at 70 mph with 2 fingers on the wheel.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
It would be unfair of me to make that comparison, I'm obviously heavily biased. I will say that the ride quality and handling characteristics are nearly indistinguishable between our 2.5 and our 3.5. I'll also say that on road, our Adventure Series systems are very hard to beat.

Sponsored

The Viking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper, TJ, JLUR
It would be unfair of me to make that comparison, I'm obviously heavily biased. I will say that the ride quality and handling characteristics are nearly indistinguishable between our 2.5 and our 3.5. I'll also say that on road, our Adventure Series systems are very hard to beat.
About how long does it take to service the joints and what is involved in the routine servicing?

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
About how long does it take to service the joints and what is involved in the routine servicing?
Depending on the kit, it will vary. Worst case would be about 45 minutes once every 4-6 months. All that is required is adding a bit of grease to the zerk fittings.

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase

Jeepr

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 2dr Rubicon
im also very interested in this kit, looks like the first longarm bolt on kit for the 2dr JL. Others exist but involve welding and different gas tanks etc.

would be an upgrade next year vs doing adjustable short arms.
Ordered this kit Monday, can’t wait to get it installed.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BFoster133

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
hey all, new member here (1st post) after lurking and reading. i have a 2020JLU sport and am looking to run 35" tires. 90% highway driving, im wondering how much lift ill need and any other things i need to look out for. i know i need a rear tire carrier relocation as well for 35's otherwise im clueless in this jeep world. left the tacoma gang and havent been happier! thanks in advance!

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Totally agree. I have the Adventure Series 3 and it is the best on road manners.

hey all, new member here (1st post) after lurking and reading. i have a 2020JLU sport and am looking to run 35" tires. 90% highway driving, im wondering how much lift ill need and any other things i need to look out for. i know i need a rear tire carrier relocation as well for 35's otherwise im clueless in this jeep world. left the tacoma gang and havent been happier! thanks in advance!
Technically nothing. Mostly highway, 35’s won’t rub. Looks wise go 2.5”

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Totally agree. I have the Adventure Series 3 and it is the best on road manners.

Technically nothing. Mostly highway, 35’s won’t rub. Looks wise go 2.5”
or even 2' is even better IMHO. Lots of options out there in that size.