FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in the process of ordering a new JL. Does the Rubicon already come with a lift or just the higher fenders.
Unknown if it actually comes with any factory lift or bigger springs to give it a slight bump in height. It is most likely just the high fenders and the added height of the 33s that give it the extra height.
Sponsored

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Great review, thank you. I do plan on going with the Rubicon, just waiting for Sting Gray color to be released. If I go with the 2" lift I plan on using the stock tires and maybe going up a size in a few years when I need to replace them. Did you save any money by including the 2" lift in the deal. The dealer I'm currently working with is at 5% below invoice. Not sure how they handle accessories as they do options. Love to see a pic of your jeep with the 2" lift , if you get a chance. Thanks again.
I included it in the deal yes. Also was able to swap the tires at time of purchase in the deal as well. They gave me $11XX for the tires and I bought the nitto ridge grapplers through them, just paying the difference. If I were you I wouldn't get the lift without bigger tires, it will look really high with small tires. You may wait and see what else comes out as far lifts then do lift and tires at same time. Much more reviews and things will be out and may get a better product for the price.
The dealer didn't really get me a better price because I wrapped it into car price. You could order it later from them if you wanted to. I just wanted to lift mine immediately to save on tires.

IMG_0744.JPG.jpeg

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

jericbarg

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Granite
Occupation
Healthcare
I included it in the deal yes. Also was able to swap the tires at time of purchase in the deal as well. They gave me $11XX for the tires and I bought the nitto ridge grapplers through them, just paying the difference. If I were you I wouldn't get the lift without bigger tires, it will look really high with small tires. You may wait and see what else comes out as far lifts then do lift and tires at same time. Much more reviews and things will be out and may get a better product for the price.
The dealer didn't really get me a better price because I wrapped it into car price. You could order it later from them if you wanted to. I just wanted to lift mine immediately to save on tires.

IMG_0744.JPG.jpeg

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg
Matt, do you have a "before" side view?

Yours has the perfect stance, curious what it was before.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Matt, do you have a "before" side view?

Yours has the perfect stance, curious what it was before.
I have this one is all, I am in the way, day I picked it up. Honestly stock stance is much more "aggressive" than the JK IMO. I think stock looked awesome too

IMG_0720.jpg

jericbarg

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Granite
Occupation
Healthcare
Thanks, that is what I wanted to see, it appears to be sitting pretty level stock. I have seen a few that have the 1 inch rake like the JK did.

BTW-Beautiful Wife and JEEP!

Sponsored

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_0744.JPG.jpeg

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg
Matt,
Will this lift need an adjustable front trackbar or rear bracket added eventually?

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Matt,
Will this lift need an adjustable front trackbar or rear bracket added eventually?
I plan on adding for better stability. To get that axle centered properly. It’s not as stable as stock on highway over bumps and this may have a little to do with it.
Probably don’t “need” but I want one if that helps

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield

IMG_0744.JPG.jpeg

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg
Looks fantastic. I'm surprised that is the 2" lift. Looks more like a 4".
Congrats and enjoy.

S207307

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler (JL) Unlimited Sport S
I went with most because of the warranty as well. Had the dealer add it to my final bill to ensure I purchased at same time too.
As far as the lift I’ve had it for a week. You will gain exactly 3”. Not sure if you have a rubi but with the new high line fenders it looks bigger than what you are used to seeing 2.5-3.5” lifts on a jk. Looks massive. Pulling up next to a jk with 35s mine is taller for sure.
On road... the Jeep feels a little more bouncy at high speeds. I can feel bumps in the road on bad paved roads a little more. I like the feel of the fox shocks though. Almost feel like floating over bumps and things.
Lower speeds it absolutely rides like a dream. In my long driveway I have snowbanks and a little ditch. It just feels like it moves graciously over everything. Body doesn’t move but tires just articulate over things at low speeds. I have a feeling off-road is where this setup will really shine.
I run 35s, which on a rubi look almost a little small but I think it is just the illusion of us seeing the puny jk fenders for so long. Thing is a beast. 35s you’ll get full articulation even with stock backspacing. 37s May touch a little flexing.
The ride is definitely not as good commuting as stock, but it’s a lift and bigger tires, feels great considering. If you are hoping to maintain stock feel I’d just stick with 33s. I commute 2 miles, if it were further I would be on the fence. It does not ride like stock. It suffers in that category no matter what lift you add. Some people may say “rides better than stock”, maybe to them it does but it is not as “comfortable “ as stock. The bigger tires and higher COG will take some of the “car ride” quality away if you will.
Gas mileage went down about 2mpg so far with new tires. Maybe a touch less once I recalibrate. Getting about 14 now. Take that into consideration too.
Get up and go seems mostly unaffected. If I punch it I still have great acceleration. Not winning any races but it accelerates pretty good.
Overall if you don’t plan on off-roading much and want stock ride quality the 33s will get you anywhere, great setup too.

Just high line fenders. They have a ton of room for 33s tho!
Go with rubicon, check out Craigslist, way higher resale value. What people get for them 10-15 years old blows my mind compared to other vehicles.
Come with bigger tires and highline fenders. Great ride quality with 33s
Did your 35s fit on the spare carrier just fine (without much effort to squeeze it above the bumper)? what about tire and wheel weight on the hinge...does it still feel like the gate swings well and isn't too stressed?

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Did your 35s fit on the spare carrier just fine (without much effort to squeeze it above the bumper)? what about tire and wheel weight on the hinge...does it still feel like the gate swings well and isn't too stressed?
I have a tiny bit of space with 35s between the bumper. Fits great. Not planning on running this too long, I’ll be getting a bumper with a tire carrier.
Swings open just fine now. Not too concerned about the weight, they ship with 33s so 35s shouldn’t stress it too much for a few months.

Sponsored

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have a tiny bit of space with 35s between the bumper. Fits great. Not planning on running this too long, I’ll be getting a bumper with a tire carrier.
Swings open just fine now. Not too concerned about the weight, they ship with 33s so 35s shouldn’t stress it too much for a few months.
Sorry if I missed it but did you use spacers?

Thanks

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
https://skyjacker.com/shop/category/vehicles/jeep/wrangler-jl/

Looks like skyjacker will have some options available shortly.... I only have experience with older Skyjacker kits(Didn't like the ride at all on the JK) The dual rate springs do look nice, and some of the kits come with new sway bar links. I wouldn't touch the Cam bolts that come on the taller lifts, at least give us the option for lower control arms!

OP
OP
FCrackerJLRubi

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
What's the difference between the two Rough Country Kits?
sorry that was a mistake one is Rubicon Express, fixed.

Work has me slammed guys so I have not been very active right now, apologies for the delay!
Sponsored