2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Budget Boosts

Standard Lift Kits

Long Arms

Competition Kits

Details links and photos (if available)

Rancho 2" Sport Lift Kit
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/2-sport-lift-kit-system-for-the-jl-rubicon.9807/
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket JL Lift Kit suspension options master list jl_rs66122br5_sell_back-10-27-31-am-

Rough Country 2.5" Budget Boost - $199.95
http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-suspension-lift-kit-676c.html
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket JL Lift Kit suspension options master list 2018_jl_2_5in_spacer_kit_-_67600_1

AEV 3.5" - no price yet
https://www.rubitrux.com/aev-3-5-dualsport-jeep-wrangler-jl-suspension-no-eta.html
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket JL Lift Kit suspension options master list aev-3.5-dualsport-suspension-lift-kit-wrangler-jl-jl-unlimited

Rock Krawler - no price yet
http://www.rockkrawler.com
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket JL Lift Kit suspension options master list rk

EVO Mfg. all are 2.5" budget boost types, and boost kits - prices vary $494.95 to $2529.95
http://www.evomfg.com/EVO-MFG-Products/Wrangler-JL-JLU?product_id=352
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket JL Lift Kit suspension options master list EVO

MOPAR 2" - prices vary slightly, common price $1495
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket JL Lift Kit suspension options master list Mopar_2in_Lift_Kit_JL_1_2

Rubicon Express 2" - $399.99
no link because its not on mfg. site yet
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket JL Lift Kit suspension options master list rough country

Skyjacker - 1-1.5" $611.07 - 3.5-4" $1049.80
www.skyjacker.com
1-1.5" - $611.07
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket JL Lift Kit suspension options master list skyjack 1-1.5

3.5-4" - $1049.80
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket JL Lift Kit suspension options master list skyjack 3.5-4

https://afepower.com/racerunner-37-l7001p-leveling-kit
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket JL Lift Kit suspension options master list 37-l7001p_1.1518476678

https://fabtechmotorsports.com/2018-jeep-jl-4wd-3-sport-systems/
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket JL Lift Kit suspension options master list k4107dl-kit

https://www.superlift.com/2-inch-lift-kit-2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-unlimited-standard-kit
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket JL Lift Kit suspension options master list k175-2018-jeep-jl-2pt5-inch-lift-02

https://www.readylift.com/blog/2018/02/19/readylift-announces-new-jeep-jl-wrangler-kits/
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket JL Lift Kit suspension options master list 69-6825_1100

http://www.gorancho.com/products/su...pension-system-rs5000x-shocks-rs66122br5.html
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket JL Lift Kit suspension options master list rs66122br5

Daystar has a new 2" spacer kit out with fixed arms. Description reads as a level kit also but after speaking with the Tech team it's actual a 2" lift on all 4 corners. Cost is $380.
http://www.daystarweb.com/productdetail.php?productID=1586
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket JL Lift Kit suspension options master list ima

Icon Vehicle Dynamics - Stage 1 - Stage 8
http://iconvehicledynamics.com/shop/725-5-suspension-systems
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket JL Lift Kit suspension options master list JL Stages.JPG

Icon System Overview:

ROAM - JL Long Arm Suspension System w/Coilovers
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket JL Lift Kit suspension options master list ROAM JL Coilover System - Front 0002

Clayton Off Road 2.5" Overland Plus Lift Kit
https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-wrangler-25-overland-lift-kit-2018-jl
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket JL Lift Kit suspension options master list Clayton JLWF Picture 2

Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket JL Lift Kit suspension options master list 3009025A Logo
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
Can someone explain why the EVO budget boost is nearly triple the price of the rough country? What is better about the EVO?

OP
OP
FCrackerJLRubi

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Can someone explain why the EVO budget boost is nearly triple the price of the rough country? What is better about the EVO?
No telling really....if I was going to get a budget I would just go with Rough Country anyways, if your going cheap might as well go all the way cheap. (thats not a hit on quality btw....just stating budgets are suppose to be cheap options with no real performance gains vs cost...more of the I want the look kind of idea)

The only immediate difference I see is the RC comes with shock relocation brackets but no extended discos, where the EVO comes with extended discos but no shock relocation brackets..

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I am totally ignorant when it comes to lifts. I didn't lift my last Wrangler.

I just want something that will give my sport exactly what the Rubicon has - 285 tires with just enough lift so they don't look stuffed in there.

How can I get that?

jericbarg

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Granite
Occupation
Healthcare
With budget boost or spring lift 2inch and higher, caster correction needs to be addressed, either with extended lower arms or geometry correction brackets.

Brackets for the JK are $90 but for the JL they are $200. Price will come down once numerous companies start producing them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FCrackerJLRubi

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am totally ignorant when it comes to lifts. I didn't lift my last Wrangler.

I just want something that will give my sport exactly what the Rubicon has - 285 tires with just enough lift so they don't look stuffed in there.

How can I get that?
If you want look at low cost but little function go with a budget boost

If you want look and some function at average cost go with an entry level boost kit (not a budget kit...i.e. usually comes with lower arms and possibly shocks but not usually)

If you want look and full function a kit with all arms and shocks is the ticket. Moderate cost usually.

If you want extreme function and in most cases improved even over stock while lifted ride quality, full on kits and long arms are the way to go. Highest cost.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
If you want look at low cost but little function go with a budget boost

If you want look and some function at average cost go with an entry level boost kit (not a budget kit...i.e. usually comes with lower arms and possibly shocks but not usually)

If you want look and full function a kit with all arms and shocks is the ticket. Moderate cost usually.

If you want extreme function and in most cases improved even over stock while lifted ride quality, full on kits and long arms are the way to go. Highest cost.
Thanks man. So what does a budget boost consist of and how much lift would I need for the Rubicon look.? Don't worry about talking down to me. If I knew a little bit more about lift kits I would be fucking clueless.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Thanks man. So what does a budget boost consist of and how much lift would I need for the Rubicon look.? Don't worry about talking down to me. If I knew a little bit more about lift kits I would be fucking clueless.
It really depends on the company. EVO and Teraflex make good quality kits. I'd look into them. I wouldn't give Rough Country a penny of my money.

OP
OP
FCrackerJLRubi

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
A budget boost is typically just some brackets and spring bucket spacers. Your only options are 2 and 2.5 inch kits right now and i think a sport even with a 2" budget boost will actually be slightly taller than a stock rubicon. Especially once you add the extra height from 33s or 35s. You will likely be 1 to 1.5" taller than a rubi.

If you want the full all in rubicon look you would also need to buy the high clearance fenders from mopar (or wait for aftermarket options).

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
A budget boost is typically just some brackets and spring bucket spacers. Your only options are 2 and 2.5 inch kits right now and i think a sport even with a 2" budget boost will actually be slightly taller than a stock rubicon. Especially once you add the extra height from 33s or 35s. You will likely be 1 to 1.5" taller than a rubi.

If you want the full all in rubicon look you would also need to buy the high clearance fenders from mopar (or wait for aftermarket options).
I don't really like the higher fender flares. I think 2 inches is more than I want. Hopefully by May/June when I get my Jeep there will be more options.

I thought the Sport S with the All-Terrains was going to be fine. Then I saw the rubi in person. It really has a perfect stance to me.

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
For someone who isnt going to go rock crawling like most of y'all maniacs do :cwl:, would the stage 2 AEV cover all the parts needed for a basic lift and sort of maintain the same driving feel? I'm quiet short so I wanted maybe an 1.5" lift once I slap 33 on my Sport S but I see poor reviews from you guys on RC. I do plan on getting some quick disconnect away bars just in case the bug hits me since they're not expensive but besides the jeep being a DD, I will take it camping and medium trails, beaches, and the horrible road where I go shooting probably once a month. My concern is due to jeric mentioning caster correction. I sqw Joshua Tree has a good variety of trails and its not that far. TIA

jericbarg

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Granite
Occupation
Healthcare
Don’t let my opinion of caster correction bother you. Many people lifted JK’s 3 inches with nothing more than budget boost and shock extensions and they drove fine. I just think as cheap as the brackets will be(around $100 when the market gets saturated) it is a no brainer. My JL is lifted 2 inches now and drives greatwith nothing more than coil spacers. I have been to Moab and Gray rock numerous times in JEEPs with budget boost and never had an issue, but when the geometry correction brackets became available I started using them, I’m just a cheapskate. Also i’m now more like you and spend more time on the easier trails and leave the hard stuff to others. Rough country budget boost is just as good as anyone else, The main parts are the spacers and they are steel. Anything other than that I would go with teraflex or some of the better full on lifts.

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Don’t let my opinion of caster correction bother you. Many people lifted JK’s 3 inches with nothing more than budget boost and shock extensions and they drove fine. I just think as cheap as the brackets will be(around $100 when the market gets saturated) it is a no brainer. My JL is lifted 2 inches now and drives greatwith nothing more than coil spacers. I have been to Moab and Gray rock numerous times in JEEPs with budget boost and never had an issue, but when the geometry correction brackets became available I started using them, I’m just a cheapskate. Also i’m now more like you and spend more time on the easier trails and leave the hard stuff to others. Rough country budget boost is just as good as anyone else, The main parts are the spacers and they are steel. Anything other than that I would go with teraflex or some of the better full on lifts.
Thank you! Yeah a couple hundred dollars is not that bad for a lift that gives u more tire clearance, better look and maintaining the same feel. spending over $1500 on a full on lift that most likely I won't have the need for, as I don't plan on putting 35s or larger, was one of my concerns. And I agree, the market is still young and by summer will see plenty of parts to choose from.
Sponsored