Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Just saw this JSpec 2.5 kit and another adjustable coil lift thingamagiggy that allows for an adjustable on vehicle height of 1-3.5" with a hydraulic bumpstops for 850$... Pretty cool. Looks like they have coil options for the lift kit. JSpec makes good stuff. I love their quick disconnects.

2.5" Lift Kit:
http://jksmfg.com/i-24048406-j-rated-2-5-suspension-system-2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-4-door.html

image.png

Check this out:
http://jksmfg.com/i-24048404-front-adjustable-coil-spacer-pro-2018-wrangler-jl.html

image.png
Sponsored

Pressurized

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I will be watching the Rancho kit closely. Want to make sure they got the shock lengths right. Their JK kit has front shocks that are too short IMO. Otherwise I suspect it will be a great value and easy way to run 35's.

004-suspension-buyers-guide-rancho-jl-2-inch-kit.jpg

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I included it in the deal yes. Also was able to swap the tires at time of purchase in the deal as well. They gave me $11XX for the tires and I bought the nitto ridge grapplers through them, just paying the difference. If I were you I wouldn't get the lift without bigger tires, it will look really high with small tires. You may wait and see what else comes out as far lifts then do lift and tires at same time. Much more reviews and things will be out and may get a better product for the price.
The dealer didn't really get me a better price because I wrapped it into car price. You could order it later from them if you wanted to. I just wanted to lift mine immediately to save on tires.

IMG_0744.JPG.jpeg

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg
No that it matters but curios is we know MPG difference with the 2' lift and 35's?

Csward12

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Occupation
Law Enforcement
No telling really....if I was going to get a budget I would just go with Rough Country anyways, if your going cheap might as well go all the way cheap. (thats not a hit on quality btw....just stating budgets are suppose to be cheap options with no real performance gains vs cost...more of the I want the look kind of idea)

The only immediate difference I see is the RC comes with shock relocation brackets but no extended discos, where the EVO comes with extended discos but no shock relocation brackets..
The RC does come with front and rear extended end links.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Getting closer to needing to make a decision, and I’m still so unsure of what to go with... starting to stress me out.

People talk about maintaining the factory ride, which sounds good to me because I want something that is comfortable - not harsh where every bump is felt. But I also don’t know if other options would be as good as or better... and everyone is of course hesidtsnt to say. It seems hard to put an objective scale together on these kits.

Lastly, it’s so hard to choose from a cosmetic perspective, because everything looks different on a Sport vs Sahara vs Rubi.

First world problems :)

Sponsored

Marlene

First Name
Marlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
This true? Want a 3.5" lift on my JLUS...
Shop says:
ANY LIFT OVER 3" WILL REQUIRE AN AFTERMARKET DRIVESHAFT DUE TO RUBBING ON THE EXHAUST CROSSOVER PIPE

Other than packaged lift kit (as examples seen on the first post) and install costs are there any other costs, parts or additions needed I am not aware of?

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Shop says:
ANY LIFT OVER 3" WILL REQUIRE AN AFTERMARKET DRIVESHAFT DUE TO RUBBING ON THE EXHAUST CROSSOVER PIPE

Other than packaged lift kit (as examples seen on the first post) and install costs are there any other costs, parts or additions needed I am not aware of?
I think that was only true of the 2012-2018 jk. I thought I remember seeing that the exhaust routing /crossover was changed so it wouldn't be needed. Even with that, there was a kit you could buy to resolve that. You may have to get a new shaft in the future though because of the angle /strain on the drive u-joint. I'll let others who have lifted over 3" answer that fully though.

Marlene

First Name
Marlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Shop says:

I think that was only true of the 2012-2018 jk. I thought I remember seeing that the exhaust routing /crossover was changed so it wouldn't be needed. Even with that, there was a kit you could buy to resolve that. You may have to get a new shaft in the future though because of the angle /strain on the drive u-joint. I'll let others who have lifted over 3" answer that fully though.

THANK YOU... that is what I thought as well. I will wait to hear other responses too.

I am looking to get 35's on my JLUS and still be able to do minor off road / trail riding - but still have the balance/comfort of a highway drive. Thinking of doing a 3.5" lift just to be safe. If I am going to spend the money I am thinking I would rather do it right the first time, and not realize I should have done a little higher of a lift later (if I only went with a 2.5" lift).

Would LOVE opinions! Pics?
Anyone with the JLUS (not Rubi) have 35" tires?
If so, what Brand did you go with? and other than the lift kit did you need to purchase other things I am not thinking of?
As I said above, something for the driveshaft? I believe I also read a relocation bracket and/or tailgate hinge support for the new sized spare tire?

Thanks for So Much for Responses! I am SO ready to move forward and get my new girl a more aggressive look!

30624474_10157235146549692_4746328312534532096_o.jpg

MacBigButt

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Leaf, 2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone with the JLUS (not Rubi) have 35" tires?

30624474_10157235146549692_4746328312534532096_o.jpg
There are quite a few examples now of JLU - non Rubicon on 34" - 35" tires of varying width's, lifts and rims. Search for 285/75 I went with 285/75 Nittos on 17" rims with -12 offset and a 2.5" EVO Stage 3 Overland lift. Other's have had good luck with +12 offset on the rims and 315/70. The Nitto are a true 34" tire and pretty close to other manufacturers 35" (e.g. KO2) tire. I've got good clearance all the way around. Here are some before and after lift pictures, included some pictures of the rear tire before and after lift under full compression. Before the lift the rear tire is stuffed right into the fender well and after the lift there is an 1" or more of clearance.

Before lift....

yDC%lww8Q9OIPL50NjFPnQ.jpg

Passenger rear before lift...
87H%fn4DSvGB%w+6GwM6Hw.jpg

After lift....

HpXEJTKKSwCmaAGUiUi5Rw.jpg

Driver rear after lift, full compression

eY+pB9goStmPR8fo5211qg.jpg

Sponsored

Marlene

First Name
Marlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
There are quite a few examples now of JLU - non Rubicon on 34" - 35" tires of varying width's, lifts and rims. Search for 285/75 I went with 285/75 Nittos on 17" rims with -12 offset and a 2.5" EVO Stage 3 Overland lift. Other's have had good luck with +12 offset on the rims and 315/70. The Nitto are a true 34" tire and pretty close to other manufacturers 35" (e.g. KO2) tire. I've got good clearance all the way around. Here are some before and after lift pictures, included some pictures of the rear tire before and after lift under full compression. Before the lift the rear tire is stuffed right into the fender well and after the lift there is an 1" or more of clearance.

Before lift....

yDC%lww8Q9OIPL50NjFPnQ.jpg

Passenger rear before lift...
87H%fn4DSvGB%w+6GwM6Hw.jpg

After lift....

HpXEJTKKSwCmaAGUiUi5Rw.jpg

Driver rear after lift, full compression

eY+pB9goStmPR8fo5211qg.jpg
Thanks SO much for your response!
What are your thoughts on that size lift if more equipment was added (weight)?
... For instance, I plan on adding metal bumpers, lights, winch, and a roof rack.
Think it will hold up? or do you think I will eventually need more height?

MacBigButt

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Leaf, 2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks SO much for your response!
What are your thoughts on that size lift if more equipment was added (weight)?
... For instance, I plan on adding metal bumpers, lights, winch, and a roof rack.
Think it will hold up? or do you think I will eventually need more height?
I've got about 160lbs (guesstimate) of winch and bumper on the front, stock bumper maybe weighs 30lbs, so 130 extra lbs on the front. By my crappy measurements, using the bottom edge of the fender trim of the front bumper, before bumper 39.5", after bumper+winch 39", after lift 41.5".

Basically the EVO 2.5" kit is a 3" lift over stock and with the bumper and winch it's a 2.5" lift.

For some reason I don't have the rear lift height handy but going by the pictures it seems to be a bit higher than the front. So loaded up a bit it should level out about right. I've also got plans for a rear bumper and roof rack. Kinda over spent on my shocks so rear bumper and roof rack will have to wait a bit.

Based on my experience and what I've been seeing I think you'll be fine and as @5280Sapper mentioned you can always go to a higher rate spring if needed.

I would recommend getting a lift with adjustable control arms (lower front, upper rear). It does make a difference. I ran without the stock control arms, i.e. EVO Stage 1, for a couple weeks before installing the rest of the stage 3 EVO Overland kit and I was quite surprised at how much handling improved.

TJ01

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler JLUR
Lift ive been thinking about. Any thoughts? Pros or cons.

96AE3D95-0F6C-4144-B8D6-4A133928B113.png

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Lift ive been thinking about. Any thoughts? Pros or cons.

96AE3D95-0F6C-4144-B8D6-4A133928B113.png
I believe this is front only and does not lift the rear.

Daystar has me disappointed in their options:
They have this 1.5” level which only lifts the front, and then their 2” option which they market as a level but it lifts 2” all the way around.
Sponsored