2018 JLUR

Tynewlon

First Name
Tyler đźšş
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU 2.0 4Cyl
Moving from Boston to North Carolina was a pretty tough experience, how are you doing now? As for the moving company, I can recommend Starkmovers.
It was definitely not a fun experience but we made it okay! We just rented a uhaul truck and did all the moving ourselves. I don’t recommend it aha

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I would like to stick with the Mopar brand and get the Mopar lift kit for my Sport, but I don't really want a 3"+ lift. I also heard I will need to replace the spring perches and add an adjustable track bar. Is this also needed if I get the Dynatrac EnduroSport Suspension Lift Kit? It is $1,299 and comes with new springs and Fox shocks. Seems like a solid kit.....am I missing something?
I was thinking along the same lines. I have a Sport S but don't want 3" of lift. I had a local off road shop say that a 2.5" lift you do not need a new track bar but from everything I read it will make your axle off center which could affect other "things" like spring bowing? Im no expert though

@Clayton Off Road posted on pg 26 I believe about an entry level kit which includes both front and rear trackbars.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I was thinking along the same lines. I have a Sport S but don't want 3" of lift. I had a local off road shop say that a 2.5" lift you do not need a new track bar but from everything I read it will make your axle off center which could affect other "things" like spring bowing? Im no expert though

@Clayton Off Road posted on pg 26 I believe about an entry level kit which includes both front and rear trackbars.
Yes our Ride Right kit! Basically designed to be a step up from most entry-level systems on the market.

https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-wrangler-25-ride-right-lift-kit-4dr-2018-jl

roncar12

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sports S
Hi all I'm new to the JL Wrangler Forum. We've had our 2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S (4 Door) for a couple of years now. I put a 3" FabTech lift on it when we bought and changed to 20" Pro Comp rims with 295/60/20 all terrains. It rides kind of rough and I'm looking at upgrading the control arms, steering system and shocks - I put Skyjacker 7000 Hydro shocks on it not too long ago. I've been looking MetalCloak but would welcome feedback on what would be best to help smooth out the ride. I'd also welcome feedback on better shocks - any advantage to putting the Fox 2.0 Performance shocks (with or without reservoir). Should I also upgrade the driveshafts - saw a video for the Adams driveshafts this morning.

Note - I'm going to take the tires up to either 35s or 37s. Any thoughts there would be greatly appreciated as well.

Pic is right after I put the lift on it and had the rims and tires installed.

Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket JL Lift Kit suspension options master list Jeep Pic

Sponsored

Jeepr

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 2dr Rubicon
Hi all I'm new to the JL Wrangler Forum. We've had our 2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S (4 Door) for a couple of years now. I put a 3" FabTech lift on it when we bought and changed to 20" Pro Comp rims with 295/60/20 all terrains. It rides kind of rough and I'm looking at upgrading the control arms, steering system and shocks - I put Skyjacker 7000 Hydro shocks on it not too long ago. I've been looking MetalCloak but would welcome feedback on what would be best to help smooth out the ride. I'd also welcome feedback on better shocks - any advantage to putting the Fox 2.0 Performance shocks (with or without reservoir). Should I also upgrade the driveshafts - saw a video for the Adams driveshafts this morning.

Note - I'm going to take the tires up to either 35s or 37s. Any thoughts there would be greatly appreciated as well.

Pic is right after I put the lift on it and had the rims and tires installed.

Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket JL Lift Kit suspension options master list Jeep Pic
Your rim size limits the side wall, and air pressure range you can run. Significant improvement would be found with 17” rims and 30 psi of tire pressure. Fox 2.0 are a soft shock with or without the reservoirs. I have them currently after initially installing falcon adjustables.

cab1024

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Your rim size limits the side wall, and air pressure range you can run. Significant improvement would be found with 17” rims and 30 psi of tire pressure. Fox 2.0 are a soft shock with or without the reservoirs. I have them currently after initially installing falcon adjustables.
What tire pressure would you run with 285/70R17 33s?

Jeepr

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 2dr Rubicon
What tire pressure would you run with 285/70R17 33s?
This guy shows you how to do a chalk test to verify optimal pressure. It really changes when you go up in tire size. And be aware if you don’t have a tazer or the such it will show a caution on your dash below 37 psi.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

lets bring this thread back up. IS anyone running the Teraflex 3.5" CT long arm kit? if so can you share your experience with me? curious if you installed it or not and if you did how did it go for simplicity? How does it act for on road and off road manners etc. any insight would be great

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
This guy shows you how to do a chalk test to verify optimal pressure. It really changes when you go up in tire size. And be aware if you don’t have a tazer or the such it will show a caution on your dash below 37 psi.

you are right but i hate it when a shop tells you always run what the door says because tires that's so wrong when you change tire size like you showed. because if a truck came with d rated and you are putting 40s a lot of the 40s are a C rated tire which you cant put what the doors says because it would be over inflated

Sponsored

Shadowridr1

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S Altitude edition
Occupation
Class 1 railroad Engineer
Ok so gonna revive this thing...
19 jlu sport s Altitude on stock suspension 77k miles.
I just upgraded the ball joints, trackbar, SS and sector shaft brace cause they're were just worn-out.
I'm wanting to keep the stock 18" altitude wheels for now, so I'll probably go with spacers unless i can find a good deal on some wheels. I plan on not going taller than 35" tires as i don't need any bigger. My jeep will be 85% pavement (highway) and 10% trails (backroads) and 5% actually offroad. I'm going to say the wirdy durd ROUGH COUNTRY..... I'm looking into the RC 2.5", but also looking into MC 2.5" and Teraflex 2.5".. I'm looking for a smooth soft ride quality but yet something that will handle the backroads and mild articulation. I'd rather not spend a FORTUNE on a lift, so I'm trying to stay under a grand, but I'm finding that kinda difficult. Does anyone have feedback on any of these kits??

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

I’ll be honest, Teraflex and metacloak has the softer rides from what I’ve read. But in my opinion save your money for a bit and get your self a really nice pair of bypass shocks. Like the falcon 3.3st’s. It was a bit of a hit on the check book but it by far helped the ride of the jl the most.

KMonte

First Name
Kristyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Looking for recommendations on lifts / suspension. Looking to put either 17in rims with 35in tires and a 2.5 - 3.5in lift OR 20in rims with 37in tires and the same lift. Recommendations welcome on which would be best / which kind of lifts are best for a mostly road driven jeep with slight off roading capability. Definitely want the aggressive look, but this is also my daily driver. This is my 2nd Jeep but 1st one I'm actually getting to play with.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

I'm looking at the Teraflex long are kit as well, any opinions?
Check out the metacloak long arm kit too. I saw them a couple months back at the expo super nice kit. Talked with a couple of the guys about the kit. This is the route I am going to go
Sponsored