First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
Fireman
So guys, I really need your help. I already have 35” on my 2018 Jeep Sahara with no lift. The ride is a little bumpier but it looks awesome. I whish to improve on-road ride comfort but I am happy with the look of my Jeep (Height wise). Is a lift the only thing that will improve ride comfort?

Thanks
Can you post some pics of your Sahara with 35” I just got my new wheels and rims and I’m not sure it will fit before I do a lift?

I jut got bfg ko2 315/70/17

Also does the rear tire fit?

165687C3-03E3-4B1D-B27D-80D8A914DB45.jpeg

F7D2B4CC-FC3F-43EE-A48A-D0A2234AB69E.jpeg
Sponsored

JL_MX

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Can you post some pics of your Sahara with 35” I just got my new wheels and rims and I’m not sure it will fit before I do a lift?

I jut got bfg ko2 315/70/17

Also does the rear tire fit?

165687C3-03E3-4B1D-B27D-80D8A914DB45.jpeg

F7D2B4CC-FC3F-43EE-A48A-D0A2234AB69E.jpeg
Yes, here they are.

Mine does not fit in the rear carrier. I just ordered the Rough Country relocation bracket and the Mopar tailgate hinge support.

IMG_2759.JPG

IMG_2763.JPG

IMG_2766.JPG

IMG_2821.JPG

D941662C-E1D1-411C-82C4-32531FB7E4C4.jpeg

Jergs

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2 Door, 2008 JK Sport 2 Door
Rock Krawler now has their JL & JLU lifts (2.5 and 3.5) listed on their website with pricing. Looking forward to seeing them on some JLs and getting some thoughts on them. I can only assume great things since its RK

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Yes, here they are.

IMG_2821.JPG

Looks awesome! Can you confirm what tint you went with?

Also, do you know the backspacing on your wheels?

How’s the noise and ride comfort with your SST Pros on pavement?

Last edited:

Namib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Rock Krawler now has their JL & JLU lifts (2.5 and 3.5) listed on their website with pricing. Looking forward to seeing them on some JLs and getting some thoughts on them. I can only assume great things since its RK
What is the difference between the "Adventure" and "X Factor" series suspensions?

Sponsored

Jergs

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is the difference between the "Adventure" and "X Factor" series suspensions?
Im not a lift expert but looking at their site the X Factor includes upper and lower control arms for the front and rear while depending on which Adventure series you get, the Adventure 1 only comes with front lower control arms. My understanding is the additional control arms of the X Factor will aid in articulation, but I may be wrong and someone might have greater insight on the difference. I’m primarily more worried about maintaining geomoetry since I drive a lot on highways and for a 2.5 lift the X Factor seems like overkill for my purposes. Thats just my two cents though.

Namib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Im not a lift expert but looking at their site the X Factor includes upper and lower control arms for the front and rear while depending on which Adventure series you get, the Adventure 1 only comes with front lower control arms. My understanding is the additional control arms of the X Factor will aid in articulation, but I may be wrong and someone might have greater insight on the difference. I’m primarily more worried about maintaining geomoetry since I drive a lot on highways and for a 2.5 lift the X Factor seems like overkill for my purposes. Thats just my two cents though.
I checked again. Just looking at the 3.5" series 1 systems. There are minor difference like the X-factor have adjustable lower front control arms, and some minor differences in the sway bar disconnects, but very similar. It is not clear if the springs differ etc. Both of these look like good options for me. The "Adventure" will probably work. I want to run 37's, and was waiting for a good 3.5" kit. I am not really an expert either, so maybe somebody like @TTEChris can help ;)

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I checked again. Just looking at the 3.5" series 1 systems. There are minor difference like the X-factor have adjustable lower front control arms, and some minor differences in the sway bar disconnects, but very similar. It is not clear if the springs differ etc. Both of these look like good options for me. The "Adventure" will probably work. I want to run 37's, and was waiting for a good 3.5" kit. I am not really an expert either, so maybe somebody like @TTEChris can help ;)
One of the RK kits may be in my future, that is if Metalcloak doesn't come to the table soon(I prefer their duroflex control arm joints on my daily driven Jeep.) But, both companies make exceptional kits and you can't go wrong with either :like:

I've been looking at the kits on my phone all weekend, thinking which one I would order, but without shock options I will be waiting a little longer. None of the kits include bumpstops, but I think JK bumpstops would work judging by the installs I have done. A nice adjustable set would be great to tailor for your personal wheel/tire/shock setup.

The adventure kits seem to be more of a install it and forget about it(on the lower trims.) The lower arms, and sway bar links are fixed length. It's hard to determine by the pics what type of joints they are using at the end of the lowers. The X Factor series looks to include adjustable arms, and sway bar links that will allow you to play around with your alignment a little more
The benefit of all four adjustable arms(If it's like the JK) will give you the ability to recenter the axle after the lift. If my memory is correct, on the JK it allowed moving the rear axle back 5/8". The "flex" joints will also allow for more twist before they bind like the solid factory control arm joints. I've had a RK 3 link long arm, and that thing flexed like crazy. Same can be said with the 8 duroflex joints I had on another JK, they just seemed to absorb road imperfections better than the RK joints(Again, I'm not sure what they are using on the JL lowers.)

I'm excited, finally the more inclusive kits are coming to market :dance:

Sponsored

bkjolly

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ-5
One of the RK kits may be in my future, that is if Metalcloak doesn't come to the table soon(I prefer their duroflex control arm joints on my daily driven Jeep.) But, both companies make exceptional kits and you can't go wrong with either :like:

I've been looking at the kits on my phone all weekend, thinking which one I would order, but without shock options I will be waiting a little longer. None of the kits include bumpstops, but I think JK bumpstops would work judging by the installs I have done. A nice adjustable set would be great to tailor for your personal wheel/tire/shock setup.

The adventure kits seem to be more of a install it and forget about it(on the lower trims.) The lower arms, and sway bar links are fixed length. It's hard to determine by the pics what type of joints they are using at the end of the lowers. The X Factor series looks to include adjustable arms, and sway bar links that will allow you to play around with your alignment a little more
The benefit of all four adjustable arms(If it's like the JK) will give you the ability to recenter the axle after the lift. If my memory is correct, on the JK it allowed moving the rear axle back 5/8". The "flex" joints will also allow for more twist before they bind like the solid factory control arm joints. I've had a RK 3 link long arm, and that thing flexed like crazy. Same can be said with the 8 duroflex joints I had on another JK, they just seemed to absorb road imperfections better than the RK joints(Again, I'm not sure what they are using on the JL lowers.)

The thing I like about the RK kits is you can buy components so you can start out with one kit and upgrade as your needs change without buying a whole new kit.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like the front will be okay but I wonder if they get full articulation on the rear?
I was able to get full articulation out of a kit with Metal Cloak 3.5" springs, long shocks, lots of cutting/trimming and the correct bumpstops to match the shock lenghts and tire size. If their springs are long enough to not unseat during articulation they could just be using tall bumpstops and longer shocks to keep or gain travel(pure speculation.)
I didn't keep the 40s long(got them for free on a trade) they were more of an experiment...
RearRaised_zps6e5855bd.jpg DSC_0357_zps20e4b097.jpg

Jergs

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

TTEChris, would your opinion/experience be that for someone who prioritizes on road drive-ability (smoothness etc. ) and highway driving, which is where I will spend 98% of my time in my JL as it will be my DD, and offroad-ability much less of a priority, since the stock rubi would probably be sufficient for a majority of offload driving I would be doing, that the RK X factor kit would be the best bet pending the MetalCloak? Im even considering using one of the lower tier like the RK Flex system and adding rear lower controls since my understanding is that upper control arms wouldn't be necessary for my purposes on a 2.5" Thanks!

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
TTEChris, would your opinion/experience be that for someone who prioritizes on road drive-ability (smoothness etc. ) and highway driving, which is where I will spend 98% of my time in my JL as it will be my DD, and offroad-ability much less of a priority, since the stock rubi would probably be sufficient for a majority of offload driving I would be doing, that the RK X factor kit would be the best bet pending the MetalCloak? Im even considering using one of the lower tier like the RK Flex system and adding rear lower controls since my understanding is that upper control arms wouldn't be necessary for my purposes on a 2.5" Thanks!
Honestly I would stick with the 2.5 Adventure Series #1 or Flex system(If you plan on upgrading in the future.) At 2.5" of lift you don't really "need" the rear control arms or rear track bar(The track bar bracket should center the axle side/side in the rear without needing the adjustable trackbar.) Like mentioned above if you ever feel the need for more RK always gives you the option to purchase the other parts separate.
What I would be looking at for daily comfort is control arm bushings(On top of springs/shock choices.) If the adventure series is using rubber(Or similar shock absorbing bushings) on both ends of the lower arms then I would go that route over the more flexible all metal joints at one end.
Hope that helps a little rather than making the choices more confusing. RK is a great company to deal with, they may be able to be more specific on materials/components used in the different setups if you give them a call.
Sponsored