Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure this has been asked a million times but there is a TON to read through on these forums... I'm looking to lift my JLU Sport about 2in so that I can comfortably clear 35s and do some easy/medium trails. I've been looking at all the spacer lift options and right now I'm torn between the AEV and then just buying the longer LCAs or just buying the Daystar kit that comes with the longer LCAs.

On the other hand, I've heard that the Rubicon suspension takeoffs may give me the added height that I'm looking for. I figured Rubi takeoff may give me more function than a spacer lift but I'm not 100% sure. Can someone confirm that it will give me the added height I'm looking for? And is it the better option or should I stick with a spacer lift kit option?
Don’t do it, I ran 35s and a spacer kit it rode like trash… 800 bucks more will get you a quality lift… I did the rock Krawler adventure series 2.5” and it drives amazing
Sponsored

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure this has been asked a million times but there is a TON to read through on these forums... I'm looking to lift my JLU Sport about 2in so that I can comfortably clear 35s and do some easy/medium trails. I've been looking at all the spacer lift options and right now I'm torn between the AEV and then just buying the longer LCAs or just buying the Daystar kit that comes with the longer LCAs.

On the other hand, I've heard that the Rubicon suspension takeoffs may give me the added height that I'm looking for. I figured Rubi takeoff may give me more function than a spacer lift but I'm not 100% sure. Can someone confirm that it will give me the added height I'm looking for? And is it the better option or should I stick with a spacer lift kit option?
I’m currently running a 2.5 RC spacer lift with 35s and didn’t really notice a difference before or after. If you are doing mild to medium difficult trails, I’d say a spacer lift will do fine. Ive run a few trails in Moab and many here in CO and haven’t had any issues with my lift. In my opinion, it rides just fine. I recently changed out my shocks because I installed LCA skids but that was due to the rear shock extenders getting in the way of the skid plates.

If you aren’t doing anything super crazy, I’d say a spacer lift will get the job done. I still have stock LCAs, track bars and all and it still rides fine, basically rides like it did stock.

Of course new springs and shocks, with longer LCAs, track bars, etc will be a better option but will also cost a bit more $$$.

Good luck with the search!

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Ram 2500 Cummins / 20 JLURD
Build Thread
Link

To answer the second part of your question. Rubi springs will likely not give you a full 2 inches, but maybe close, depending on what added equipment you have on. With that said, a Rubi can fit 35s easily. So if you are looking to get the space needed to fit 35s and do mild to medium trails and don't care whether it is exactly 2 inches, then I think Rubi take off parts are a great option. They are cheap, easy to find and still OEM quality (look for take offs from the same engine as you have...for example diesel or 392 take offs will give you more height up front, but may be too stiff and may not balance well with height gain in the rear.) If you really want exactly 2 inches you could always combine it with a .5 or .75 inch spacer. I would not go more than that without replacing your control arms, which adds about $1K to the price. If you plan to do that you might as well just go with a Metalcloak or Rock Krawler or Clayton 2.5" and be done with it.

Tynewlon

First Name
Tyler đźšş
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU 2.0 4Cyl
Don’t do it, I ran 35s and a spacer kit it rode like trash… 800 bucks more will get you a quality lift… I did the rock Krawler adventure series 2.5” and it drives amazing
I know that if I spend more I can get something that is much better quality wise, but I'm not looking to spend a ton in order to do this. It's more for appearance than anything.

Tynewlon

First Name
Tyler đźšş
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU 2.0 4Cyl
I’m currently running a 2.5 RC spacer lift with 35s and didn’t really notice a difference before or after. If you are doing mild to medium difficult trails, I’d say a spacer lift will do fine. Ive run a few trails in Moab and many here in CO and haven’t had any issues with my lift. In my opinion, it rides just fine. I recently changed out my shocks because I installed LCA skids but that was due to the rear shock extenders getting in the way of the skid plates.

If you aren’t doing anything super crazy, I’d say a spacer lift will get the job done. I still have stock LCAs, track bars and all and it still rides fine, basically rides like it did stock.

Of course new springs and shocks, with longer LCAs, track bars, etc will be a better option but will also cost a bit more $$$.

Good luck with the search!
Thank you for the info! Definitely not going to be doing any super challenging trails anytime soon. I'm moving to Thornton, CO next week. Let me know if you ever go out on some of the trails I'd love to tag along and learn the trails in the area!

Sponsored

Tynewlon

First Name
Tyler đźšş
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU 2.0 4Cyl
To answer the second part of your question. Rubi springs will likely not give you a full 2 inches, but maybe close, depending on what added equipment you have on. With that said, a Rubi can fit 35s easily. So if you are looking to get the space needed to fit 35s and do mild to medium trails and don't care whether it is exactly 2 inches, then I think Rubi take off parts are a great option. They are cheap, easy to find and still OEM quality (look for take offs from the same engine as you have...for example diesel or 392 take offs will give you more height up front, but may be too stiff and may not balance well with height gain in the rear.) If you really want exactly 2 inches you could always combine it with a .5 or .75 inch spacer. I would not go more than that without replacing your control arms, which adds about $1K to the price. If you plan to do that you might as well just go with a Metalcloak or Rock Krawler or Clayton 2.5" and be done with it.
I don't necessarily care if it's a full 2in of lift as long as I'm able to comfortably clear 35s. For wheeling purposes, would it be better to do the Rubi suspension takeoff or spacer lift?

Xavier613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
I know that if I spend more I can get something that is much better quality wise, but I'm not looking to spend a ton in order to do this. It's more for appearance than anything.
I put a $200 spacer lift on my wife's Sport S along with the Mopar LCA's to run 35s. She cant tell the difference in the ride quality and neither can I. Shes not going off-roading aside from the occasional beach trip, so it was an easy decision.

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Ram 2500 Cummins / 20 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
I don't necessarily care if it's a full 2in of lift as long as I'm able to comfortably clear 35s. For wheeling purposes, would it be better to do the Rubi suspension takeoff or spacer lift?
I think either would work. Were it me I would go with the Rubi take off springs. With those you are still 100% OEM and if you decide you need a bit more height you can always drop and additional spacer in....though I wouldn't go more than .75" additional before thinking about replacing LCAs.

Tynewlon

First Name
Tyler đźšş
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU 2.0 4Cyl
I put a $200 spacer lift on my wife's Sport S along with the Mopar LCA's to run 35s. She cant tell the difference in the ride quality and neither can I. Shes not going off-roading aside from the occasional beach trip, so it was an easy decision.
Which spacer lift did you end up going with? I'm comparing a few and trying to make a decision

Tynewlon

First Name
Tyler đźšş
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU 2.0 4Cyl
I think either would work. Were it me I would go with the Rubi take off springs. With those you are still 100% OEM and if you decide you need a bit more height you can always drop and additional spacer in....though I wouldn't go more than .75" additional before thinking about replacing LCAs.
That makes sense to me. Thanks for your help!

Sponsored

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for the info! Definitely not going to be doing any super challenging trails anytime soon. I'm moving to Thornton, CO next week. Let me know if you ever go out on some of the trails I'd love to tag along and learn the trails in the area!
Absolutely. That’s interesting as I may be moving near there soon too. Will have to link up at some point.

ck23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR-Diesel
So I'm beginning to research a lift for my '21 Rubicon, diesel. I live in Colorado and would like to have something that is good on a daily commute, but also something that I can take off road and have some fun without issue. I do not plan to do any extreme trails, just be nice to have a piece of mind that the Jeep will be fine in most circumstances.

I've been leaning towards the Mopar 2", but there seem to be other options (EVO, Dynatrac etc.) and I do not want to miss out on another better option out there. Plan is to go with 35's for tires.

Any suggestions as to what may best fit my needs? Budget for parts would be anything less than $2k (also happy to spend less...!!!).

Last edited:

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
So I'm beginning to research a lift for my '21 Rubicon, diesel. I live in Colorado and would like to have something that is good on a daily commute, but also something that I can take off road and have some fun without issue. I do not plan to do any extreme trails, just be nice to have a piece of mind that the Jeep will be fine in most circumstances.

I've been leaning towards the Mopar 2", but there seem to be other options (EVO, Dynatrac etc.) and I do not want to miss out on another better option out there. Plan is to go with 35's for tires.

Any suggestions as to what may best fit my needs? Budget for parts would be anything less than $2k (also happy to spend less...!!!).
If you're looking for the perfect entry-level kit, definitely check out our Ride Right suspension system! It comes with everything you need to lift the vehicle correctly and maintain proper suspension geometry.

https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-wrangler-25-ride-right-lift-kit-4dr-2018-jl

ck23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR-Diesel