Aftermarket JL Lift Kit suspension options master list

rsmit42

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I see a lot of Rubicon suspension take offs out their for sale. What’s the difference between them and a Mopar 2” suspension lift?
Sponsored

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed Traxda lifts aren’t listed on the first page. Are they any good? I was eyeing the spacer lifts and wondered what the difference between Traxda and Rough Country might be.

Anyone familiar with both and have any recommendations? Their 1.5 lift is comparable but the 2.5 Traxda is a bit higher than the RCs. Curious what more are you getting with the Traxda.

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
I see a lot of Rubicon suspension take offs out their for sale. What’s the difference between them and a Mopar 2” suspension lift?
Generally a more stable feeling lift when you pair it with better shocks and springs that won't sag when you add things like a winch etc. Rubi springs are a great option tho if your looking for stock ride quality on a budget.

The mopar will also net you 2" over rubi stock height so on a sport or sahara you'll gain more.

BruceA78

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6-Speed
Here is probably a REALLY dumb question but I'm going to ask anyways. I am not wanting to fully lift my jeep yet (2021 2-door Rubicon 3.6L, Manual) but I am in the process of adding a few skid plates, rock sliders, new front bumper and winch. I am guessing it's probably going to add 250+ lbs. of net weight and am worried it's going to make my JL sit lower than I would like. I plan on keeping the 33" wheels and tires for now but then upgrading to either 35" or 37" tires and aftermarket wheels next year or the year after.

So the dumb question is could I purchase a full lift kit now and only replace certain parts (maybe the springs?) to get a bit more aggressive height but not the full height until I decide to get the new wheels and tires?

4doorturbo

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
I would like to stick with the Mopar brand and get the Mopar lift kit for my Sport, but I don't really want a 3"+ lift. I also heard I will need to replace the spring perches and add an adjustable track bar. Is this also needed if I get the Dynatrac EnduroSport Suspension Lift Kit? It is $1,299 and comes with new springs and Fox shocks. Seems like a solid kit.....am I missing something?

Sponsored

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Ram 2500 Cummins / 20 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Here is probably a REALLY dumb question but I'm going to ask anyways. I am not wanting to fully lift my jeep yet (2021 2-door Rubicon 3.6L, Manual) but I am in the process of adding a few skid plates, rock sliders, new front bumper and winch. I am guessing it's probably going to add 250+ lbs. of net weight and am worried it's going to make my JL sit lower than I would like. I plan on keeping the 33" wheels and tires for now but then upgrading to either 35" or 37" tires and aftermarket wheels next year or the year after.

So the dumb question is could I purchase a full lift kit now and only replace certain parts (maybe the springs?) to get a bit more aggressive height but not the full height until I decide to get the new wheels and tires?
Bottom line ... Maybe but why?

250lbs...figure 180 on the front springs and 70 on the rear springs will compress you about .3 - .5 inches on the front and maybe .25 inches in the rear.

All the lift in a new suspension comes from the springs...so if you buy say a 2.5" suspension and put in the springs you will get the full 2.5 inches. You would just be choosing not to put in the rest of component the suspension needs to perform correctly.

If you want to take a stop gap measure and gain a little height I would just go with a cheap spacer lift. You can get anywhere from .25 - about 2.5 inches with just a cheap spring spacer. Then when you want to do the real suspension do the whole thing at once.

my 2 cents...

BruceA78

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6-Speed
Bottom line ... Maybe but why?

250lbs...figure 180 on the front springs and 70 on the rear springs will compress you about .3 - .5 inches on the front and maybe .25 inches in the rear.

All the lift in a new suspension comes from the springs...so if you buy say a 2.5" suspension and put in the springs you will get the full 2.5 inches. You would just be choosing not to put in the rest of component the suspension needs to perform correctly.

If you want to take a stop gap measure and gain a little height I would just go with a cheap spacer lift. You can get anywhere from .25 - about 2.5 inches with just a cheap spring spacer. Then when you want to do the real suspension do the whole thing at once.

my 2 cents...
Makes sense, thanks, like I said it was probably a dumb question! :)

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Makes sense, thanks, like I said it was probably a dumb question! :)
Nope...not a dumb question at all. Not like anyone is teaching jeep suspension theory in high school or college...this is all pretty much figure it out as you go. One of the best ways to do that is to ask questions of people who are farther along in the process of teaching themselves Jeep suspension application and theory than you. I spent about 2-hours at my installer last week asking question after question. Annoying...probably. Were the questions stupid from the perspective of a professional Jeep shop owner, probably...but I learned a bunch.

That is one of the reasons this forum exists and one of the reasons I enjoy it so much...great place to learn and a great place to pass along what you have learned.

BigBabyEarl

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL 392
Anyone seeing anything for the 392? I had a carli kit for my ram with all the bells and whistles and I’d like to find the same level for the Jeep. Preferably kings.

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Anyone seeing anything for the 392? I had a carli kit for my ram with all the bells and whistles and I’d like to find the same level for the Jeep. Preferably kings.
What is the weight of a 392...total and front / rear? I suspect it cant be much more than the diesel.

I have Carli on my Ram as well. Agree good product. But I dont see it as any better than the MC or Clayton systems.

Sponsored

Sdallnct

First Name
Scott Dallal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sport 2door manual
Have a Rancho 2” lift on my 2016 JK Sport 2door.

Likely ordering a 2022 JL and looking at lifts. While over all like the Rancho, since I’ll likely be getting a Willy’s/Willys Sport this time, I’m “thinking” I don’t need shocks. Especially right away.

So was thinking of the AEV Budget Boost.

Or should I look for a springs and basically just put something together and skip the kits?

Thoughts or suggestions?

RanchoShocks

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
If you like the JK system you will also like this one.
Not too sure what is in the AEV system, but ours (and many others) like a little more caster, so consider the geo brackets. Before someone says "YoU WiLl DraG THe BraCkets". We have done the Rubicon with this system, no issues.

Have a Rancho 2” lift on my 2016 JK Sport 2door.

Likely ordering a 2022 JL and looking at lifts. While over all like the Rancho, since I’ll likely be getting a Willy’s/Willys Sport this time, I’m “thinking” I don’t need shocks. Especially right away.

So was thinking of the AEV Budget Boost.

Thoughts or suggestions?

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe (wife's)
I have 2021 JLUR on order. I will initially will be going with 35s and no lift and most likely adding a lift next spring. Trying to decide if I want to go 2.5" or 3.5" lift. When I need new tires I may go up to 37s.
Can you guys show me pictures with 35s on a 3.5" lift and 37s on a 2.5" lift. Basically wondering what kind of clearance there is with 37s on a 2.5" lift. Or what it would look like with 35s on a 3.5" lift if I decide not to go up to 37s.

Thanks!!

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I have 2021 JLUR on order. I will initially will be going with 35s and no lift and most likely adding a lift next spring. Trying to decide if I want to go 2.5" or 3.5" lift. When I need new tires I may go up to 37s.
Can you guys show me pictures with 35s on a 3.5" lift and 37s on a 2.5" lift. Basically wondering what kind of clearance there is with 37s on a 2.5" lift. Or what it would look like with 35s on a 3.5" lift if I decide not to go up to 37s.

Thanks!!
If you go with MC or RK or Clayton, the only difference between a 2.5 and a 3.5 is springs...and springs are cheap. 35s and 3.5" looks a little odd in my opinion. Best option...go with a 2.5 until you are ready to replace your 35s with 37s...then if you want to upgrade all you have to do is replace the springs. With that said 37s on a 2.5 (if you skin the fenders and put in aftermarket inner fenders) work really well...matter of taste at that point.

my 2 cents...

Tynewlon

First Name
Tyler 🚺
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU 2.0 4Cyl
I'm sure this has been asked a million times but there is a TON to read through on these forums... I'm looking to lift my JLU Sport about 2in so that I can comfortably clear 35s and do some easy/medium trails. I've been looking at all the spacer lift options and right now I'm torn between the AEV and then just buying the longer LCAs or just buying the Daystar kit that comes with the longer LCAs.

On the other hand, I've heard that the Rubicon suspension takeoffs may give me the added height that I'm looking for. I figured Rubi takeoff may give me more function than a spacer lift but I'm not 100% sure. Can someone confirm that it will give me the added height I'm looking for? And is it the better option or should I stick with a spacer lift kit option?
Sponsored