Aftermarket JL Lift Kit suspension options master list

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. vavaroutsos

vavaroutsos Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Pete
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
    Liked:
    I was seriously considering the Evo kit, but upon closer inspection I noticed a few things I didn't like:
    1) In the long arm kit, only half the arms are long.
    2) The joints on the arms that are bent are not coplanar. The factory arms are, so this is going to reduce the amount of flex possible. Metalcloak has a good illustration of this on their site. There are other manufactures that use Johnny Joints whose arms are done properly like Clayton.

2. Cypher

Cypher Well-Known Member

First Name:
    J
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    Liked:
    Cybersecurity Leader
    Garage Profiles:
    I am looking for a 1.5" to true 2" lift via springs, and not a lot of options out there. I did see that a few have basic kits for 1.5 (skyjacker) and a even a good 2" (dynatrac) but none are sold as just components that I can find. I plan to run Teraflex Alpine arms (or other good adjustable arms) along with Falcon 3.3 shocks, and a good adjustable track bar. I know zi could do a spacer lift, but prefer to use springs if at all possible. I don't want to go any higher than I need to. at this point I may buy one of the lifts above and then only use the springs and sell the rest of the parts. has anything new used eithermthe Skyjacker 1.5 or Dynatrac 2" lifts yet! and if so what did you think of the ride? if I could get just the Mopar 2" springs I would also consider that, but those see to run quite a bit tall. (about the same height as the Teraflex 2,5")

I will never do hard core rock crawling, but will use off-road a lot. I also really enjoy desert running, so having full travel is a must. (don't want to just add big bump stops to stuff big tires).

3. vavaroutsos

vavaroutsos Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Pete
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
    Liked:
    Why not just order the springs you want from Eibach or someone and combine them with the other components you want?

4. Cypher

Cypher Well-Known Member

First Name:
    J
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    Liked:
    Cybersecurity Leader
    Garage Profiles:
    that is one of the options I am looking at with my local shop.

5. RancherRob

RancherRob Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 JLUR
    Liked:
    The options are overwhelming! Has anyone started a lift comparison matrix/spreadsheet? It would be great to be able to see side x side the which kits have what features and pros and cons. Which ones have which shocks, adjustable control arms, variable rate shocks, corrosion resistant coatings, track bars that are adjustable, etc.
    Something like this:

Attached Files:

6. RancherRob

RancherRob Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 JLUR
    Liked:
    Anyone have any complaints, cons etc to the Teraflex lifts? I'm strongly considering them just because they are helpful on the phone and have good youtube videos with a sense of humor. Oh, and their call waiting system always tells me "You are number 1"! :)

7. tommyboyii

tommyboyii Member

First Name:
    Tom
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLU Sport / 285-70r17 BFG A/T KO2's (c-load) / Pro Comp 17x9 (-6) offset rims / Red Rock 4x4 Stubby Bumper / Bestop Trektop NX fast back soft top
    Liked:
    I am totally at a loss. so many stories of death wobble, vibrations, weird noises, other issues (i.e. caster, pinion etc.) after lift installs on here. I DO NOT want to make a rabbit hole mistake and start chasing down 'fixes'.

do I lift or not? I cannot decide!

thinking of 3 options right now.
    1. no lift and keep at stock or options 2 & 3. a lift of no more than 2 inches narrowed down to two choices: Zone Offroad 2 inch lift or BDS 2 inch lift.

http://zoneoffroad.com/zone-offroad-products-2in-suspension-lift-kit-jeep-wrangler/j30n
    http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma=7&mo=32&ty=110&yr=2018

(I know I know, they are sort of the same "company" but the Zone kit is at a bit better price point.....albeit less components). as of right now. I am running on stock suspension. no wobble, no noise, no vibration. 20+ MPG's. zippo issues. I am not going to update / change out to 35's. I l like the feel and look of my "lowly" BFG KO2 33's and ProComp 17's and the offset as is.

maybe just add a bit of space to the fender line....no rock crawling; just mud and trails and street. anyone have any experience with either of these kits? thoughts?

IMG_0091.jpg
    IMG_0258.jpg

8. TheItalianTrain

TheItalianTrain Active Member

First Name:
    Jordan
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon, 2019 Grand Cherokee Luxury Edition
    Liked:
    RN
    I made my own lift and have no steering or drivetrain issues with 6 inches of lift. Control arms, tracks bars, and a steering stabilizer all help. MPG is about -6 now but I'm cool with coasting to gas stations.

20190426_174653.jpg

XLMOJITO and Wyle E Coyote like this.
  9. pokey02

pokey02 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Melissa
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 JLR, 2013 JKUR, 2006 LJ, 2015 WK
    Liked:
  10. Wyle E Coyote

Wyle E Coyote Member

First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 JLU Rubicon
    Liked:
    After a lot of waiting and research, I just ordered the AEV 2.5" DualSport RT kit for my 19 JLUR. Can't wait to get it on there! Anyone have issues/tips installing? AEV recommended the Steer Smarts Yeti front track-bar, so got that as well. Though the AEV salesperson did say it probably wasn't necessary, but it would allow that minor adjustment to the axle centering.

11. srhoyt1979

srhoyt1979 Member

First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 JL Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
    Liked:
    Oil & Gas
    Mojito St Pete likes this.
  12. jallenhood

jallenhood Member

First Name:
    John
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 JKHRU
    Liked:
    Military
    Just had a 2.5 inch Clayton Off-road Overland kit with Fox shocks installed. Kit included front and rear track bars as well as 8 adjustable control arms. Only driven about 40 miles so far but it has been perfect

68FB4C6D-18AF-46B8-B9BC-2FDB18E962BC.jpeg

5846EA54-A20B-4624-A7D0-CD9DA9E6BF4D.jpeg

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.