Aftermarket JL Lift Kit suspension options master list

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Rough Country makes a bunch of coil spring lift kits. I just ordered one and it goes on Monday.

x_captain_kaos_x

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 YJ, 18 JL 2DR Sport S
Occupation
Merchant Marine
I just installed the 2 inch Daystar kit last weekend. Install is straight forward and the ride is the same as stock. The the lower arms got a little scratched during shipping so I had them powder coated red to match the other accents on the Rubicon. For $400 I am very pleased so far. Here are before and after pics. Tires are 35x12.50x18's
20180802_165956.jpg
20180802_101607.jpg
20180802_164521.jpg
Hey Chad, how are you liking that after a month now? I’ve finally narrowed down my choices between this and the Rancho 2.5”. Is love to hear some real feed back from someone that’s gone your route.
Thanks!

JLU Pilot

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granite JLUR , 17 F350 SD CC, 17 Camaro 2SS Conv 50th, 60 F100
Hey Chad, how are you liking that after a month now? I’ve finally narrowed down my choices between this and the Rancho 2.5”. Is love to hear some real feed back from someone that’s gone your route.
Thanks!
So far so good. Ride is the same as stock, steering feels good with no wondering, and no squeaks or rattles. I have not had a chance to get off road but I suspect it will be fine. Here is an outdoor pic.

20180811_101851.jpg

x_captain_kaos_x

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 YJ, 18 JL 2DR Sport S
Occupation
Merchant Marine
So far so good. Ride is the same as stock, steering feels good with no wondering, and no squeaks or rattles. I have not had a chance to get off road but I suspect it will be fine. Here is an outdoor pic.

20180811_101851.jpg
Thank you for getting back to me. Everybody loves their lift right after it's installed. Sometimes sag, corrosion or a fault rears it's ugly head after some use. I appreciate your update.
That's a great looking Rubi.

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Any feedback/thoughts/comparisons on the budget boost/spacer lifts that are available? Looks like we can group into a couple categories:
  • Leveling lift vs. equal lift on front and back
  • With shock extensions vs. without shock extensions
  • Sway bar end links vs without sway bar end links
  • With LCAs or without LCAs

It looks like the main options (from post 1 in this thread) are:
  • Rough Country
  • EVO Stage
  • Rubicon Express
  • Readylift
  • Daystar

redelses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
Any feedback/thoughts/comparisons on the budget boost/spacer lifts that are available? Looks like we can group into a couple categories:
  • Leveling lift vs. equal lift on front and back
  • With shock extensions vs. without shock extensions
  • Sway bar end links vs without sway bar end links
  • With LCAs or without LCAs

It looks like the main options (from post 1 in this thread) are:
  • Rough Country
  • EVO Stage
  • Rubicon Express
  • Readylift
  • Daystar

Teraflex budget boost/level/spacer kit 1.5" - put it on a sport S with 33" KO2s. The ride is fairly similar to stock, though the steering is more loose with the kit installed. The kit only comes with spacer pucks - no shock extensions and no sway bar links included. I think the shock extensions would have been nice - looking at putting on a set of stock rubi shocks which are about 1-2" longer than the sport shocks to see if that brings back the better/more like stock ride quality.

IMG_8869.jpg

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Anyone seen the RockKrawler x-factor yet? I'm leaning towards their 3.5" kit. I've never owned one but always heard great things.

Waiting

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto
I am so waiting for a 1" spacer lift on all 4 corners. JLs do not need "leveling" IMO, based of the photos of the leveling kit installs thus far - they just don't look correct.
I just chatted with Teraflex online. The confirmed you can stack the spacers in their 0.5" load level kits. Two 0.5" spacers on each corner will do the trick for $100
https://teraflex.com/shop_items/5b85cd0256d70ed493a4b94f

Sponsored

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Anyone seen the RockKrawler x-factor yet? I'm leaning towards their 3.5" kit. I've never owned one but always heard great things.
We have seen a few, here's one of our 3.5" X Factors

42913047_10211974983756635_4605098105531006976_n.jpg

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Does Metal Cloak make a full 2.5 lift kit.
I’ve been told “very soon” by them several times. Most recently I was told “Looks like we will be adding the 2.5" lift to our site this week and shipping in a few weeks. ”. I guess this week doesn’t actually end until tomorrow night...

BostonJohn13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 05 Wrangler Unlimited
I’ve been told “very soon” by them several times. Most recently I was told “Looks like we will be adding the 2.5" lift to our site this week and shipping in a few weeks. ”. I guess this week doesn’t actually end until tomorrow night...
I emailed MC about this a couple weeks back and heard similar. Looks like the kit will be in the 2in - 2.5in range.

Drivera94

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Noob Question here, hopefully Someone Can help me with this. Looking at lifts and it seems like every lift comes with new shocks. If i already have Rubicon Shocks why would i need aftermarket ones? I mean arent they already upgraded? Sorry im coming from a Sahara jk, so ive never owned a Ruby.
Sponsored