Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

What pushed you to the Metalcloak?
The build quality I saw in person and seeing how well it flexed out on the flex ramp. Price points are about the same with teraflex and metacloak

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

fireman9027

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi 2 Door
Occupation
Retired Fireman
The thing with the Rock Krawler is that I'll need to replace the gas tank, and I don't know how to weld... but, it does add something else to look at. I've noticed that not many people seem to be doing the long arm kits on the JL. I am new here so maybe I just haven't dug deep enough yet?? When I went from the short / mid arm on my TJ it made a huge difference, and I won't be doing a suspension without the long arms again either.

fireman9027

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi 2 Door
Occupation
Retired Fireman
The build quality I saw in person and seeing how well it flexed out on the flex ramp. Price points are about the same with teraflex and metacloak
I just contacted Metalcloak, Rockrawler, and Clayton to see if they have long arm kits, and if they do, does it require welding, a new fuel tank, or anything else.
Do any of y'all have any other ideas of questions I should ask?

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The thing with the Rock Krawler is that I'll need to replace the gas tank, and I don't know how to weld... but, it does add something else to look at. I've noticed that not many people seem to be doing the long arm kits on the JL. I am new here so maybe I just haven't dug deep enough yet?? When I went from the short / mid arm on my TJ it made a huge difference, and I won't be doing a suspension without the long arms again either.
I’m running the Adventure X long arm upgrade kit, I was already running the XFactor lift….it doesn’t move the gas tank….it’s actually not that bad to install, just time consuming……

https://rockkrawler.com/jl-adventure-x-long-arm-upgrade/

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/crystal-rubi-build….61821/post-1717490

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

I just contacted Metalcloak, Rockrawler, and Clayton to see if they have long arm kits, and if they do, does it require welding, a new fuel tank, or anything else.
Do any of y'all have any other ideas of questions I should ask?
i know both meta cloak and tera flex are "bolt on" but most places recommend welding as well.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
i know both meta cloak and tera flex are "bolt on" but most places recommend welding as well.
Man, I can’t believe how much the price went up, I paid less than 2500 for mine….I’m not one to quibble over cost of things for my Jeep, but geez…😠

fireman9027

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi 2 Door
Occupation
Retired Fireman
Well... just something else to take into account thanks..

Oh, guess I should ask, what kind of trails do you do, and where, just so I can make sure that my goals are in the right place..
I just retired, and would like to follow the Jamboree circuit, by at least mid '24..

fireman9027

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi 2 Door
Occupation
Retired Fireman
Man, I can’t believe how much the price went up, I paid less than 2500 for mine….I’m not one to quibble over cost of things for my Jeep, but geez…😠
What kind of trails do you run, and where, just want to make sure I'm going in the right direction...

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
What kind of trails do you run, and where, just want to make sure I'm going in the right direction...
I’m in citrus, run withlacoochie forest mostly, occasionally get over to Hard Rock….. but I set my rig up for future runs in all the mainstays, Moab, winrock etc……look on my build thread, there’s some wheeling pics in there…….but even if you’re 90 percent on the road, still worth it to me …. The handling, stability, overall better ride in general…..

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/crystal-rubi-build….61821/post-1320285

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

Well... just something else to take into account thanks..

Oh, guess I should ask, what kind of trails do you do, and where, just so I can make sure that my goals are in the right place..
I just retired, and would like to follow the Jamboree circuit, by at least mid '24..
I’ve done some rock crawling nothing to to crazy but I’ve done John Bull, Holcomb creek, and gold mountain, for badge if honor trails. On my short arm 2.5” lift. Jeep app has Holcomb rated 6-8 of of ten and John Bull 7-9 out of ten. ( John Bull is much easier than Holcomb) so the ratings seem a bit off to me. Gold mountain is a 6-8 out of ten. It’s the easier of the three in big bear California. I tend to wheel moderate trails mostly. And long camping trips out of the Jeep. Hopefully I’ll be working on adding long arm 3.5” lift and driver shafts next summer time complete my suspension upgrades for good on the Jeep.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

I’ve only heard great things from everyone running long arm kits. Ride tends to be smooth on and off road.

fireman9027

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi 2 Door
Occupation
Retired Fireman
I’m in citrus, run withlacoochie forest mostly, occasionally get over to Hard Rock….. but I set my rig up for future runs in all the mainstays, Moab, winrock etc……look on my build thread, there’s some wheeling pics in there…….but even if you’re 90 percent on the road, still worth it to me …. The handling, stability, overall better ride in general…..

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/crystal-rubi-build….61821/post-1320285
I actually looked at your build a couple of days ago, didn't realize that was you until now.

Now I recognize the area, been there in my TJ, seems like you've set yours up for exactly what I want to be doing...
Sponsored