First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Occupation
School Administrator
I have a 2020 jl rubicon and want to add a hitch for recovery purpose and possibly carry bicycles or extra gear in cargo bin. What is the best one for the money? Was looking at one from Rugged Ridge?

Thanks
Sponsored

NoahVD

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Curt makes one that has a little longer tube on it but other than that they are pretty much all the same. I have one thats similar to the rugged ridge and its fine.

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
I’ve got a Rugged Ridge-fits like factory, works as well as you could want, and the price is pretty good.

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I have a 2020 jl rubicon and want to add a hitch for recovery purpose and possibly carry bicycles or extra gear in cargo bin. What is the best one for the money? Was looking at one from Rugged Ridge?

Thanks
David: my 2 cents.

Few Wrangler (rear) hitches suck. As hitches go they have to be one of the simplest to make and install: 4 bolts and that's all.

I've bought aftermarket hitches for other vehicles (sedans) where there is no OEM one, and am amazed at the twists and turns they take to go around various vehicle parts, and employ bolts or nuts that snake, and all sorts of approaches to use existing factory holes.

Hitches are one of the few parts that remained compatible between JK and JLs. So go searching for some JK hitch that the manufacturer discounted because they were too ignorant of this compatibility fact and priced the JK hitch to sell.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Last edited:

Zistrum

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR Picked up 5/10/21
Doesn't the LoD Destroyer rear bumper have a hitch built into it?