Aftermarket Heated Seat Installation

mjwilson12379

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Hey all, tried to document the steps I took to install aftermarket heated seats in my 18 JLU Sahara. Was a bit nervous of ruining the leather or what not, but it wasn't that bad of a job. It's not a bad job, and most should be able to accomplish this with only minor cursing and some scrapes on their hands from getting INTO the seat to take out the existing hooks and put new ones in.
Sponsored

Attachments

skg77

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Hey all, tried to document the steps I took to install aftermarket heated seats in my 18 JLU Sahara. Was a bit nervous of ruining the leather or what not, but it wasn't that bad of a job. It's not a bad job, and most should be able to accomplish this with only minor cursing and some scrapes on their hands from getting INTO the seat to take out the existing hooks and put new ones in.
seem like it was a lot of work. How long did it take you? They working well?

c3h5

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR All Ocean Blue
Thank you for this information, I’ve been getting a lot of requests for heated seats for the back seat and was looking for examples.

Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Excellent write up! I've been considering this for a while now.

Thank you for posting.

Pete-2018

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Oddly, I am looking at your install after I did it, but I ended up putting my switches in the same place. I hard originally decided to use the storage space area where the AUX switches go, but got a good deal on the AUX switches and put them in at the same time. I wanted to make sure the switches did not reflect in the front or side windows so at the front on the side of the console was perfect. I drilled the drivers one a tiny bit low and the switch rear hit something so is off by a 1/16 of an inch, but only I notice that. Great detail.
One goal I had was to make sure the seats always started off and this took me a while to find a kit that had that.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Nice details on your instructions. My takeaways from the install:
1. pay very good attention to the parts as you take them apart on the seat, especially the sides of the lower cushion that cover the metal area, seemed very obvious when I took them off, but had to look at the second seat when putting them back together.
2. When you get your kit, check out the whole size needed as mine was metric and had to order a drill bit, which I didn't realize til I had it apart.
I pulled power off the lighter for low power switch items, but ran one from the battery with a fuse to power the seats.
3. If you are pulling wires from the batter, pull an extra to use to pull anything else you might need in the future. Also consider doing other items at the same time, like the aux switch.
4. Be very careful with the Airbag wire from the bottom to the top when you separate to add a heating element into the top seat back.
Weirdly the arbag warning light refused to go off, after I installed mine. Just got back from the dealer and it was unrelated as a wire to some sensor up front was shorted out. Weird timing as worked before I started on the seats.
Wife loves the heat out of the kit I got and i can now have the Jeep at arctic level temps I like

82Cj7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sahara
Thanks for your write up on the install. I did mine today. I put my switches up on the front side since it was easy to pop off. It took me about 3 hours as well.

A2C440AD-6BE0-4677-ABBA-2D95EA81CAEC.jpeg

15C5079D-598A-4BAF-915C-1B513558CFAD.jpeg

00064D91-8093-45E7-8DD7-25B08D9BABE7.jpeg

Shadowjp15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport “S”
Update, put this RC switch panel in, and swapped my seats in for 1 & 6.
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Heated Seat Installation PXL_20210123_162901632.MP
I had aftermarket leather heated seats installed and they shop put the switch in a horrible spot. After seeing this I’ve ordered the rc6 switch. How hard was it to pop off button one and six?

Sponsored

OP
OP

mjwilson12379

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I had aftermarket leather heated seats installed and they shop put the switch in a horrible spot. After seeing this I’ve ordered the rc6 switch. How hard was it to pop off button one and six?
Super simple. And I love having my compressor, rock lights, and eventually my lockers nice and orderly.

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Thank you for this!

JeepFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport 2-door
I put the switches for my aftermarket Corbeau seat heaters in the recessed area that would have been occupied by the power window switches (which my base Sport does not have).

20210405_085539.jpg

93civEJ1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
are those aftermarket seat heaters still working ok? Thinking of doing this soon.

JeepFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport 2-door