bartscrc

First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys,

I've been delaying my audio upgrades to wait for a head unit that would allow for wireless carplay. The Pioneer DMH-W4660NEX is what I'm considering since it is a "short chasis" and should be available some time within the next month-ish (COVID problems...). I spoke to a pioneer representative and he said that the dimensions of the headunit are 178 mm x 100 mm x 87 mm (7 in x 3-7/8 in x 3-3/8 in). Does anyone know if this will fit? I think the DMX706S is ~3in in depth so I wasn't sure how much more space there was available.

Thanks!

Advertisement

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
According to the Metra dash kit product sheet, «radio chassis depth allowed is 3.75”, not including the screen». Seems like there's a good chance it'll fit.

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
No problem. I hope it does fit and there’s not some connector sticking out in the wrong place. There’s not a lot of wiggle room.

if you end up getting it, let us know how it works if you don’t mind. I can’t wait to get rid of the 5” uconnect. I’m still looking at the insane audio unit, but I’ve been holding off with their CarPlay issues.

algoo31

First Name
Albert
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
This is the unit I was looking at too. But the insane audio won. Cost wise, insane audio isn't too far off and it's direct plug n play. I'm not too sure how complicated the modular headunits like pioneer would be to install.

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
This is the unit I was looking at too. But the insane audio won. Cost wise, insane audio isn't too far off and it's direct plug n play. I'm not too sure how complicated the modular headunits like pioneer would be to install.
I believe the 4660 isn’t modular. The next one up is. Could be wrong.

Advertisement

Tazer JL - Z Automotive

Advertisement