Sponsored

Aftermarket Fenders

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
@lightsout

Actually, the Rubi, hood vents are functional! Indeed, that don't allow much air movement, but they are functional.

hood.JPG
Those are drain holes for RAIN WATER. Water drains through them and onto the hood liner (which you have removed to show the holes) then the water flows on the hood liner until it drains out of the side of the hood. No water drains onto the engine.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jeep creep

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU wrangler 2011 JKU Wrangler 2015 Grand Cherokee
2C19857C-629B-4A6E-A11F-94BB4A6964CB.png
I really enjoy these road armor ones I saw a buddy has on his JL
these are the ones Ive been wanting but I can't find them for sale...

The Custom Jeep Builder

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2021 392 Rubicon
Occupation
Jeep Customizer

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]Here is the JL Wrangler Genright aluminum fenders, body armor, and bumpers.
E6499EE2-1314-4C18-9B8E-B1FCB5D1BAA2.png
These are what I have been waiting on. Still no eta i can find.

crazy90'skid

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy Silverado RCSB, 2020 JLUR
If you plan on wheeling it, don’t hang carbon fiber out there for armor. Go with aluminum or steel.
Nothing wrong with solid carbon fiber, we had a demonstration on how strong the stuff is with a 2Ă—4 piece of solid carbon fiber it weighed nothing g and we hit it with a sledge hammer until we got tired of the sledge deforming under the blows instead of the carbon. Ridiculously strong stuff and an awesome thing to see in my engineering class at the time

Sponsored

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Nothing wrong with solid carbon fiber, we had a demonstration on how strong the stuff is with a 2Ă—4 piece of solid carbon fiber it weighed nothing g and we hit it with a sledge hammer until we got tired of the sledge deforming under the blows instead of the carbon. Ridiculously strong stuff and an awesome thing to see in my engineering class at the time
Deflecting a hammer strike is different than 4500 lbs of Jeep wedging it against a piece of jagged granite mountain.

crazy90'skid

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy Silverado RCSB, 2020 JLUR
Deflecting a hammer strike is different than 4500 lbs of Jeep wedging it against a piece of jagged granite mountain.
To be fair nothing 1/8" thick or so would hold up to that force but yeah carbon fiber costs a lot to replace, even though I'm pretty sure it would still be designed to fail at the mounting point instead of damaging the body worse or your fender even more. It is stronger than steel after all believe it or not, when made right. And like I said nothing that thin would hold up the force would either get sent to the body if it was stiff enough or crumple that fender
Sponsored