Aftermarket Fenders

Jeep creep

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU wrangler 2011 JKU Wrangler 2015 Grand Cherokee
I have been trying to find some good looking aftermarket fenders since I got my JL in August and haven't had any luck. I was hoping some would be out by now but I cant seem to find any that I like. Are there any that someone can recommend? I saw some road armor ones that are pretty sick but I cant seem to find them for sale anywhere, so I'm assuming they are not out yet.
Sponsored

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Genright!!!! End of story. They have a very nice classic look that fits the jl nicely. I’m sick of the angular “stealth” look. These are he genright fenders on a jk. Same fender look for the JL.

Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Fenders {filename}

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
If you plan on wheeling it, don’t hang carbon fiber out there for armor. Go with aluminum or steel.

Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
The Fiberwerx ones are $1000 for front and rear in Carbon Fiber but are 1 1/4” thinner. I would want to see them in person first.
Agreed, I called them (Fiberworx) the other day as they have a great looking functional hood with vents (the Rubicon hood vents are for show only, they are not functional) however since their hood has vents I asked how the manage the water drainage, their answer was "we did not think of that since we do not have rain ins San Diego" Since I am in Seattle water drainage on a vented hood is important.

Sorry for the non fender post

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@lightsout

Actually, the Rubi, hood vents are functional! Indeed, that don't allow much air movement, but they are functional.

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Agreed, I called them (Fiberworx) the other day as they have a great looking functional hood with vents (the Rubicon hood vents are for show only, they are not functional) however since their hood has vents I asked how the manage the water drainage, their answer was "we did not think of that since we do not have rain ins San Diego" Since I am in Seattle water drainage on a vented hood is important.

Lol it does rain in San Diego thou :cwl: maybe not enough to cause concern but I got caught in a little rain at a baseball game. Great looking hood thou...

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel

They are functional. If you look at them with a thermal scope, they are venting heat. They would probably vent more without the insulation but they do pass more heat than the rest of the hood.

OP
OP

Jeep creep

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you plan on wheeling it, don’t hang carbon fiber out there for armor. Go with aluminum or steel.
Ya, I definitely want aluminum or steel.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jeep creep

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

It would be ok for me then, since I do live in San Diego HAHA. I can also vouch for the fact we hardly get rain here..

chiggerdude

First Name
Brian Head
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR and a 2010 JK - 2010 JK Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have been trying to find some good looking aftermarket fenders since I got my JL in August and haven't had any luck. I was hoping some would be out by now but I cant seem to find any that I like. Are there any that someone can recommend? I saw some road armor ones that are pretty sick but I cant seem to find them for sale anywhere, so I'm assuming they are not out yet.

Had the older version on my JKU. Very strong when mounted correctly.

http://www.aceengineeringandfab.com/ACE-JL-Narrow-Fenders--Full-Set_p_299.html

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
My ace tube fenders damaged my tub when i slid into a tree on a tight obstacle. Where they mount pushed into the tub. I liked them until that point. They are strong and they didnt bend but they transferred all the force to the body which buckled.

If i got tube fenders again I'd get something that was narrow like nemisis or I'd cut the stock flares.

Pic for reference
Sponsored