Sponsored

Aftermarket Fender Flares for JL Wrangler?

ElvisJL

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Here’s some pictures of the Fabtech fender flares for the JL with 37” tires for reference. These are extremely sturdy flares with a really nice finish. Love that it comes with @Quake LED plug and play lighting as well!

Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Fender Flares for JL Wrangler? 1626828291464

Do you have to run new inner fenders or can you keep the stock inner fenders ?

dirtygertie_jlu

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
Do you have to run new inner fenders or can you keep the stock inner fenders ?
You have to get new inner liners as the stock ones stick out too far. I opted to go with the JCR ones as I’ve seen they work with these fenders and were cheaper than the Fabtech ones. Still haven’t installed, but I’ll post a write up once I get them on!

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
So there are hard plastic that's real shiny

Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Love the look, just don't care for the price. Those and the GenRight tube flares are expensive as hell.
Well, I'm not making excuses for them (I bought the overpriced Road Armor fenders) but at least you can be confident that its a one time purchase. From what I've seen it seems no two manufacturers have you cut or drill in the same places for mounting, there's kinda "no going back" with a lot of the nicer metal ones, I don't think most are going to be brand hopping. Same with liners.

New fender flare option from KBD Body Kits. These flares are affordable ($350 entry price), made in America, and come with turn signals. These look pretty damn good.

https://www.kbdbodykits.com/jeep-wr...t-rear-4-piece-polyurethane-fender-flares-kit

This is not my Jeep but it belongs to joe_jlu on instagram.

Those are pretty nice! Especially at that price point.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Well, I'm not making excuses for them (I bought the overpriced Road Armor fenders) but at least you can be confident that its a one time purchase. From what I've seen it seems no two manufacturers have you cut or drill in the same places for mounting, there's kinda "no going back" with a lot of the nicer metal ones, I don't think most are going to be brand hopping. Same with liners.

Those are pretty nice! Especially at that price point.
I really like the road armor ones

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I really like the road armor ones
I haven't installed yet, going to do with my axles and coilovers, but I think they look great on the Jeeps I have seen them with. The downside is that they are shockingly heavy for fenders, I seriously hope the aluminum can hold them up long term.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I wonder how much heavier they are than the metal clock fenders ?

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Metalcloak doesn't advertise the weight of theirs that I can find, but the Road armors (front) weigh about 60lbs each.
Wow 60 lb a piece is pretty damn heavy I had no idea

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Wow 60 lb a piece is pretty damn heavy I had no idea
I haven't weighed them but they advertise the box at 124lbs, I deducted a few pounds for the box and hardware, packing material was sub par and probably didn't weigh a pound in total. Yes they arrived scratched up. I know they felt like 60lbs when I put them on top of a stack of 37's to get them out of my way. They are super solid, could probably survive almost anything, it's what they are mounted to that i'm worried about.

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
I haven't weighed them but they advertise the box at 124lbs, I deducted a few pounds for the box and hardware, packing material was sub par and probably didn't weigh a pound in total. Yes they arrived scratched up. I know they felt like 60lbs when I put them on top of a stack of 37's to get them out of my way. They are super solid, could probably survive almost anything, it's what they are mounted to that i'm worried about.
Please post pictures and comments when you get them installed. These are at the top of my list, but 60 pounds each puts a check in the "con" column. Please weigh them too. :) Thanks!
Curious as to the weight of the factory flares too. Perhaps net weight gain isn't really that much. ???

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Please post pictures and comments when you get them installed. These are at the top of my list, but 60 pounds each puts a check in the "con" column. Please weigh them too. :) Thanks!
Curious as to the weight of the factory flares too. Perhaps net weight gain isn't really that much. ???
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Fender Flares for JL Wrangler? giphy (17)

It might be a couple of months though, I'm doing fenders, liners, axles and coilovers at the same time and it's too damn hot here to do it in July. If the anticipation doesn't get to me, which it might, I am thinking September time frame.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
The only thing about metal ones like that that concerns me is like what happened to the guy that had some metal cloak fenders. Their metal mounted don't give and he hit up against some rocks pretty hard and they pushed in his Jeep and he had body damage where plastic ones you just break clips. But I really like the look of those
Sponsored