Sponsored

Aftermarket Fender Flares for JL Wrangler?

kap

First Name
kap
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4 door Jeep JL
It's like that in Oregon I heard some people buy the extra white fenders by some company I can't think of the name of it but they're extra wide.they stay single axle trucks if you have a wide tire you have to put mud flaps like a dually on a single axle wow
Yeah , there are a few places you literally can't get your sticker unless tire is covered. I don't think there is an aftermarket flare that completely covers 33s. We had a TJ rigged this way... might go this route eventually.

tj.jpg
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Yeah , there are a few places you literally can't get your sticker unless tire is covered. I don't think there is an aftermarket flare that completely covers 33s. We had a TJ rigged this way... might go this route eventually.

Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Fender Flares for JL Wrangler? t
I guess y'all can't have any kind of light bar or like I have the Baja design pro lights up on the pillar by the wipers. Some things let you have them but you have to keep a cover on them 24/7 I do hate people and pick up trucks and some Jeeps that have the light bars on and they run them at night going down the road blinding everybody. all they're going to do is make it illegal here in Texas one day if they keep doing that. I agree everyone wants the extra lighting and those two Baja design pro lights up on my wipers on the pillar are 10,000 lumens in the pair. A lot brighter than those little cubes that are 3,000

Reactions: kap

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon

Bushwacker that too makes those extra wide fenders I saw them one day and the guy texted me back and said because he lived up in three hugger country Oregon and all the tree huggers don't like the white tires sticking out which I don't see why it bothers them but anyway like your situation they bought the extra wide bushwacker Flanders that's what they make them for on the Jeeps instead of having what you have now it's one extra white fender

Reactions: kap

Misfit_jeepjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara Wrangler JLU
I looked at those but one they're not that bright you're definitely not going to blind another driver it's too small. I'm keeping my stock ones I don't want to spend about fifteen $1,600 for flares and if you hit something you're going to do body damage I know somebody that hit a rock sideways and tore up the side of theirJeep.really bad because it doesn't give or break away. at least with the stock ones if you hit something it's going to pop off at the most damage a few clips. I'm not going to do body damage and had to spend thousands of dollars to fix it at a body shop.but yes you can stand on them the steel or I don't think it's aluminum maybe it is I think it's still it's very strong like you can stand on it but it's not going to give if you hit something on the side of a rock if you're definitely just going to be in the mud only not anymore salt rocks on the sides or anyting got I'd go with it but I like the stock ones because the light is bigger and brighter and I see them side-by-side. Think we're going to do the adventure lab were you delete the bottom part of it and it's still bright and not as thick but it's still as wide the light as you look at the venture lab fender delete? also I run 37 13.50 tires I want some coverage on those tires I don't want all the rocks being thrown on the side of my Jeep like I did in my JK.all my JK I had two small fenders like that in the smittybilt ones and I had 12 50s and it through rocksol down the side of my Jeep all the time if I ran over something on the highway wet didn't matter what it was it was flash all down the side of my Jeep and you never know what's someone's poured down there in the street that you roll over chemicals and such I had some kind of Grease chemical that got on there and really stained my dream pad that someone had poured in the street and I ran over it and I had no coverage if you're running 12:50 or 1350 anything you hit wet in the street going down the road it's going to hit the side of your Jeep and like I said what if it's chemicals. Here's what we're talking about using

Hey! Not sure if you're still looking for aftermarket fenders as im very late to this thread party but if you are, Road Armor is currently having a 50% off sale. Code is FLASH MADNESS ... Hope this helps!!

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Hey! Not sure if you're still looking for aftermarket fenders as im very late to this thread party but if you are, Road Armor is currently having a 50% off sale. Code is FLASH MADNESS ... Hope this helps!!
I will check it out last time they did that before Christmas the prices were marked up and then 50% off kind of like stores do you know what I mean but I will check it out that's what I want is their fenders but like I said 50% off was about what it was before they marked it up

Sponsored

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a couple more photos of the Bushwacker flares on my 2020 Sport 2-door. I was hoping the tires would poke a bit more on the rears than they do, but they look sweet on the front.

Wheels: Fuel Shok D664 (17x9 / offset -12)
Tires: Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT tires - LT315/70R17

IMG_8749.jpg

20210205_8654-b.jpg

IMG_8845-Edit.jpg

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I plan on getting these paintable ones when I get 35’s https://amzn.to/3jZ5MR6
Supposed to get a bit more clearance than the rubi fenders

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Could just be the angle of the photo / shadows down there, but worth taking a look - thanks for noticing / questioning it.

Sponsored

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
No reason to spend a lot of money on after market flares when all you have to do is take the bottom piece of your fender off and put that bracket with the running lights and turn signal in it and you have a brand new looking fender with your old fenders and for only 295.00
If you don't mind the "massive" (IMO) "tilt" on the trailing side of the front flare then this is a great solution. But I'm OCD and I can't get past the "tilt"of the trailing edge of the front flare. The way it leans forward bothers me. Too much flare. (As I said, I'm OCD). Jeep tried to trick your eye to hide the extra 2" of length of the JL as compared to the JK by tilting the trailing edge of the front flare. Jeep didn't need to do this Jedi mind trick ( they didn't trick me, The Force is strong in me :) ). Jeep should have let the increased length be visible to the eye between the fender flare and the door. See a CJ7 as an example, they could have used the CJ7 as inspiration for the extra visual distance. Now, after-market-flare-manufacturers have to deal with this and have varying degrees of success in dealing with the "tilt". Most fail IMO, but they have been dealt a difficult hand. If I get a JL (would love to have a 4xe or 392), I'd have to change out the flares, so far, I haven't found the "magic bullet" yet. So I'm sticking with my JK. I hope to find something acceptable. (End of OCD rant). :)
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Fender Flares for JL Wrangler? D9E04FF4-6286-4B1D-B664-2D45726A1845

Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Fender Flares for JL Wrangler? 20190303_120141
Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Fender Flares for JL Wrangler? CJ& side view

Last edited:

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
We just launched JL Wide Fenders for those who need more coverage than our Narrows.

Regular Price: $1,095 +s&h
Launch Price: $895 + s&h

SAVE $200 for a limited time!

Full Details:
• Compatible With 2018 - Present Jeep JL and JLU Jeep Wranglers
• Includes Integrated Replacement LED Turn Signal and White Running Light
• Light Works With Both LED and Non-LED Factory Light Packages
• Includes Tab Mount to Install Rock Lights Underneath
• Comes With 2-Stage E-Coating and Black Texture Powdercoating
• Made From 1/8" American Steel
• Extreme Tire Clearance
• Front Fenders 8 Inches Wide
• Rear Fenders 7.5 Inches Wide
• 20 Lbs. Each
• Includes 4-Fenders, LED Lights, Stainless Steel Mounting Hardware, Zinc Plated Nutserts and Nutsert Tool
• Lifetime Structural Warranty
• Made In The USA

Order Today.

ACEJKFENNW-A.jpg
ACEJKFENNW-B.jpg
ACEJKFENNW-C.jpg
ACEJKFENNW-D.jpg
ACEJKFENNW-E.jpg
ACEJKFENNW-F.jpg
ACEJKFENNW-G.jpg
ACEJKFENNW-H.jpg
ACEJKFENNW-I.jpg
ACEJKFENNW-J.jpg
ACEJKFENNW-K.jpg
ACEJKFENNW-M.jpg
ACEJKFENNW-N.jpg
The fronts are 8" wide and the rears are 7.5" wide.

Thank you,

ACE
Doesn't look like they'll give full coverage of a 35 & an aftermarket wheel.

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU, 2009 Jeep Wrangler JK-8
Doesn't look like they'll give full coverage of a 35 & an aftermarket wheel.
Depends on the wheel, but the wides offer about the same coverage as your stock fenders.

dirtygertie_jlu

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
Here’s some pictures of the Fabtech fender flares for the JL with 37” tires for reference. These are extremely sturdy flares with a really nice finish. Love that it comes with @Quake LED plug and play lighting as well!

9A89DECA-79E7-4C5C-BB59-A0F15499E497.jpeg

B3935832-5DAD-472D-8F16-E925EFF726FD.jpeg

DB82CA13-CAAB-4268-9667-C8793A2BB46F.jpeg

ElvisJL

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s some pictures of the Fabtech fender flares for the JL with 37” tires for reference. These are extremely sturdy flares with a really nice finish. Love that it comes with @Quake LED plug and play lighting as well!
Love the look, just don't care for the price. Those and the GenRight tube flares are expensive as hell.
Sponsored