Sponsored

Aftermarket Fender Flares for JL Wrangler?

ashtonjarrett

First Name
Ashton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
Metalcloak

20181228_142033.jpg

20181228_142204.jpg

20181228_142124.jpg

20181228_142008.jpg

20181228_142139.jpg

20181229_101113.jpg
How are you liking them now a year later? I've really been wanting to order front and rear and also have the OEM LED package, I assume you used the Tazer to fix the flickering? I've read some other folks have complaints about the turn signals being hard to other drivers to see at that angle, DRL being too bright and the passenger side being noticeably dimmer due to the 8v/12v power to each side. Any insight for an inquiring potential buyer?
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
How are you liking them now a year later? I've really been wanting to order front and rear and also have the OEM LED package, I assume you used the Tazer to fix the flickering? I've read some other folks have complaints about the turn signals being hard to other drivers to see at that angle, DRL being too bright and the passenger side being noticeably dimmer due to the 8v/12v power to each side. Any insight for an inquiring potential buyer?
I looked at those but one they're not that bright you're definitely not going to blind another driver it's too small. I'm keeping my stock ones I don't want to spend about fifteen $1,600 for flares and if you hit something you're going to do body damage I know somebody that hit a rock sideways and tore up the side of theirJeep.really bad because it doesn't give or break away. at least with the stock ones if you hit something it's going to pop off at the most damage a few clips. I'm not going to do body damage and had to spend thousands of dollars to fix it at a body shop.but yes you can stand on them the steel or I don't think it's aluminum maybe it is I think it's still it's very strong like you can stand on it but it's not going to give if you hit something on the side of a rock if you're definitely just going to be in the mud only not anymore salt rocks on the sides or anyting got I'd go with it but I like the stock ones because the light is bigger and brighter and I see them side-by-side. Think we're going to do the adventure lab were you delete the bottom part of it and it's still bright and not as thick but it's still as wide the light as you look at the venture lab fender delete? also I run 37 13.50 tires I want some coverage on those tires I don't want all the rocks being thrown on the side of my Jeep like I did in my JK.all my JK I had two small fenders like that in the smittybilt ones and I had 12 50s and it through rocksol down the side of my Jeep all the time if I ran over something on the highway wet didn't matter what it was it was flash all down the side of my Jeep and you never know what's someone's poured down there in the street that you roll over chemicals and such I had some kind of Grease chemical that got on there and really stained my dream pad that someone had poured in the street and I ran over it and I had no coverage if you're running 12:50 or 1350 anything you hit wet in the street going down the road it's going to hit the side of your Jeep and like I said what if it's chemicals. Here's what we're talking about using

Screenshot_20200210-154825_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200210-154749_Gallery.jpg

minisoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 392, Escalade, Audi SQ8, 911 Turbo S
I got pulled over for the same thing... my tires extend about 2” past the OEM sport fender flares. I see a ton of cool flares in this thread, but are any of them wide enough to give me the 2” coverage I need? I may just wing it and pay the fine, but don’t really feel like getting constantly pulled over.

Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Had our local powder coater color match a set of Road Armor fenders for one of our JL's. Thinking about doing our Gladiator the same after seeing the finished product.
IMG_20200415_194307_593.jpg

Sponsored

Magnetdragon

First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu!!
Oh wow ok so my 4.5's would stick out a little further. 0 offset? Nice looking Jeep! I think I have seen a youtube video you did about the gobi rack. I was considering one for awhile.
-6mm offset. They unfortunately might.

Thanks! That was me. I haven't gotten then chance to upload in a while. I was gonna do a long term review of the rack soon

Nerdsmith

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Bright White JLU Sport
Oh wow ok so my 4.5's would stick out a little further. 0 offset? Nice looking Jeep! I think I have seen a youtube video you did about the gobi rack. I was considering one for awhile.
FUnny i was considering the same. with these fenders. But not into the Gobirack anymore and im looking for more slim tube fenders. Wishing someone would make ones like genright's aluminum fenders but something that is affordable.
Sponsored