Sponsored

Aftermarket Fender Flares for JL Wrangler?

PharmerJL

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
Where did you get those fenders?
Yes , EAG. Had mine blasted and recoated in gloss black to match the paint with durability of powder.

It’s odd to me how everyone is trying to make angular fenders for the JL when the body is actually very curved. These go better in my opinion and cheap. Hardware was shit, no possible way to secure holes at points, had to buy plastic push clips, but worked well.

And the turn signals... honestly it’s a dumb thing everyone brings up. My leds have turns built in, but I have amber ones too for the side I’ll install in time. In Texas, it won’t be an issue.

8A9CA463-ED24-47A7-94CA-0CE443EFC2EA.jpeg

A0318F08-C0A6-4F3C-A554-00250F5CC0C5.jpeg

FBCE032F-5567-4FFD-A3B0-9AD624BB7200.jpeg

69970896-E72B-4193-A2CD-554E84ED7B0C.jpeg

97F271CD-411C-43C5-B8DC-01420D8AEED4.jpeg

46DD83DF-24FB-41F9-9188-AFD34F0DE1F1.jpeg
Sponsored

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Hey @PharmerJL ,

I used every bolt the EAG fenders came with. There are a handful of those nutserts you have to use. And a few holes needed a little drilling.

PharmerJL

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
Hey @PharmerJL ,

I used every bolt the EAG fenders came with. There are a handful of those nutserts you have to use. And a few holes needed a little drilling.
You’re a better man than me. I got frustrated and decided to bolt the metal that I could and push the plastic rivets from Lowes. It’s secure, nice clean look though

PharmerJL

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
Was the issue simply with the size of the holes? Too small? @PharmerJL @simpleJL
The holes don’t really have a backside on the rear fenders to access the rear but, from what I can tell. You can still use push clips to secure unless you want to drill out the holes.

EAG didn’t include install instructions so I made It work.

Looks nice cleaned up though

7813D699-F484-4BDB-B4D8-C4ABAC408F04.jpeg

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I haven't seen any yet that just makes me say wow I got to get rid of my stock ones and spend at least 1000 or more like some are at 1.500. I like the front stock ones with the running lights and they cover the entire tire. I might JK I have some cool aftermarket ones but they were small and they look good but they do not cover the entire tire so my white Jeep had Rock chips and had all kinds of Mudd throwing on it and water spots right after I washed it going down the highway. this time I want something like the stock one that's going to protect the Jeep from having stuff thrown all over it. And I will not spend 1500 like some are. they stock ones aren't that bad looking back ones look great and with the running lights in the front I like it I may keep the stock ones and save my money for something else. But there are a lot of good looking aftermarket ones but that's just my opinion for me

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Was the issue simply with the size of the holes? Too small? @PharmerJL @simpleJL
The fenders come with those rivet nuts that you need to tighten and collapse the backside onto the rear of the hole. Forgot what they are called.

There are no instructions, so you kind of need to know what they are and how to use them.

Pretty straight forward though.

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU, 2009 Jeep Wrangler JK-8
ACE Engineering JL Narrow Fenders - Prototype 3.0 are complete and installed. Made some slight tweaks on the front and changed the rears quite a bit. Comes with integrated turn signal and running lights.

These are coming off the Jeep to head to powdercoat today, look for a release in about a week!

Thanks!
JL_Fender_-1.jpg
JL_Fender_-2.jpg
JL_Fender_-3.jpg
JL_Fender_-4.jpg
JL_Fender_-5.jpg
JL_Fender_-6.jpg
JL_Fender_-7.jpg
JL_Fender_-8.jpg
JL_Fender_-9.jpg
JL_Fender_-10.jpg

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I've seen lots of different ones out there for the JL.I have to say this is the best I can one so far that I seen very clean and nice looking. Only problem I don't want a small flare again like I had last time when I had 35s. This time I have 37s and with the stock fender flares in the front the tire is completely covered and they don't look that bad. I really do like the stock ones where they look first time I've ever had this talk to Liars come out and I like them.0 I think right now I'm going to stick with the stock ones because I want all the tire covered I don't want stuff being thrown on the side of the Jeep especially since I have a white Jeep again.the stock ones aren't too why but just wide enough for they cover the tire but I think I will buy this one when it's time what is the price on these I hope they're not 15 1600 like the other ones I like. Because I'm not paying 1500 or more. But these are very clean-looking I like that how much are they painted or natural black unpainted ?

DayJ

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL392XR
Does anyone remember the trail mods removable fenders from back in the 3.8 jk days? I had them on mine and loved them, could have narrow fenders when it was nice, but in the snow or slush you could toss on the flare with ease and boom, full coverage for even 35s. @ACE Engineering any thoughts on making a bolt on extension for those? I agree that they are the cleanest out there so far!

Sponsored

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone remember the trail mods removable fenders from back in the 3.8 jk days? I had them on mine and loved them, could have narrow fenders when it was nice, but in the snow or slush you could toss on the flare with ease and boom, full coverage for even 35s. @ACE Engineering any thoughts on making a bolt on extension for those? I agree that they are the cleanest out there so far!
I don't see us doing any bolt-on extensions. We will be working on factory width next though.

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
I wish terraflex would come out with their terra flares again. I have had them on my TJ for 20 years and still get compliments on them. Also they barely fadded in that time...most of which while parked outside.

Basically looked stock but wider...perfect for 12.5w tires

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
ACE Engineering JL Narrow Fenders - Prototype 3.0 are complete and installed. Made some slight tweaks on the front and changed the rears quite a bit. Comes with integrated turn signal and running lights.

These are coming off the Jeep to head to powdercoat today, look for a release in about a week!

Thanks!
JL_Fender_-1.jpg
JL_Fender_-2.jpg
JL_Fender_-3.jpg
JL_Fender_-4.jpg
JL_Fender_-5.jpg
JL_Fender_-6.jpg
JL_Fender_-7.jpg
JL_Fender_-8.jpg
JL_Fender_-9.jpg
JL_Fender_-10.jpg
Those are sweeeet! Wow, great job you guys! :rock:

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Our JL Fenders are now production ready! We'll be posting more pictures and a link later today to order, but you can view the Installation Video right now by clicking the image below.

ACE_JL_Fender_Install_Thumbnail_YouTube.jpg
Sponsored