Sponsored

Aftermarket Fender Flares for JL Wrangler?

Nerdsmith

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Bright White JLU Sport
Love the look, just don't care for the price. Those and the GenRight tube flares are expensive as hell.
Agreed, the two fenders i want and they always have to be the most expensive:facepalm:.
Sponsored

Solo25

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD, 22 JLUR4XE ON ORDER
New fender flare option from KBD Body Kits. These flares are affordable ($350 entry price), made in America, and come with turn signals. These look pretty damn good.

https://www.kbdbodykits.com/jeep-wr...t-rear-4-piece-polyurethane-fender-flares-kit

This is not my Jeep but it belongs to joe_jlu on instagram.

1626828243916.png

1626828258427.png

1626828281114.png

1626828291464.png
I went with these after talking to Joe about them the day they were released. Sucks as its a 5-6 week wait for them but at the same time I'm still waiting on the new JL to be built. Figured for the price point its about the same as the AAL chop I did with my 19JL and I have already had those fail on me within the first month.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I went with these after talking to Joe about them the day they were released. Sucks as its a 5-6 week wait for them but at the same time I'm still waiting on the new JL to be built. Figured for the price point its about the same as the AAL chop I did with my 19JL and I have already had those fail on me within the first month.
I did hear the AAL lights failed on those fenders a lot what kind of problems did you have ? Plus they don't tell you you have to spend another $50 for some kind of wiring harness they keep them from flashing or something. The quake ones come with it my friend has quake and they look really nice but I still like the road armor the best I just don't want to spend that much

Solo25

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did hear the AAL lights failed on those fenders a lot what kind of problems did you have ? Plus they don't tell you you have to spend another $50 for some kind of wiring harness they keep them from flashing or something. The quake ones come with it my friend has quake and they look really nice but I still like the road armor the best I just don't want to spend that much
Yea, if I was to do it again I wouldnt do a harness but would just get a resistor pack like I ended up doing after the harness failed also. It was like $10 on Amazon. I kept having issues where the turn signals would stop working. The DRL on one dimmed out really bad which is when I found a bad harness. Just removed the harness and tapped a load resistor to the DRL harness. The quakes are $400 and thats crazy to me. If I was doing a chop it would be as simple as the MC or Motobilt or on that lines for like $100 to $200 tops. I actually can not stand Road Armor. Everyone and their mother has them and they are way to over priced for me.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I would do the chop where you take and split the fender on the Rubicon but then you have to replace the inner fenders. Rugged ridge make some nice ones and you don't have to get rid of the inner fender. you just trim it a little bit and then you can keep the inner fenders

Sponsored

Solo25

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would do the chop where you take and split the fender on the Rubicon but then you have to replace the inner fenders. Rugged ridge make some nice ones and you don't have to get rid of the inner fender. you just trim it a little bit and then you can keep the inner fenders
You can still retain your inner fenders if you don't mine cutting. I cut the fronts of the inners out on mine and did a chop. I was going to do new inners but have new jeep on order so this ones not getting any more goodies lol

Motoristx

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Has anyone tried these Black Mountain Fenders? https://blkmtnjeep.com/12-aluminum-flares-for-jl-wrangler/ it looks like these could be a solution to those up north who need total tire coverage. I measured the stock fenders at about 10 inches. This company shows they come in 10 inch and 12 inch fenders. Looks to include both front and rear. They look wide as hell, which I'm sure will be a turn off for some, but might actually keep some of the snow and mud from accumulating on the door handles.

I'm interested in fitment. Looks like from the pictures they try to retain the factory brackets, and have cut the factory inner liners to fit.

Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Fender Flares for JL Wrangler? 1628088734674

Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Fender Flares for JL Wrangler? 1628088763799

Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Fender Flares for JL Wrangler? 1628088787438

Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket Fender Flares for JL Wrangler? 1628088816197

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Those are like those bushwackers that are real wide for people up north that have to cover the entire Tire. Oregon and Washington I think make you or you have to have the entire tire cover it cannot stick out at all without some kind of cover over it which makes no sense. That's those tree hugger States. Nice to live in Texas where anything goes you don't even have to have fenders in Texas. Some people especially on the JK's take their fenders off and run with none

Motoristx

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Nice to live in Texas where anything goes you don't even have to have fenders in Texas. Some people especially on the JK's take their fenders off and run with none
Yeah, I live in Texas also and would consider the narrow fenders, but my job site has extremely dirty roads and lots of standing water. It would be really nice to be able to drive at my work site at normal speeds and not get sand/dirt/mud slung all over the doors every time I went through a puddle. After I crushed a factory fender into a rock on the Rubicon trail, Might as well look at options that include Dumbo looking wide flares!

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Yeah, I live in Texas also and would consider the narrow fenders, but my job site has extremely dirty roads and lots of standing water. It would be really nice to be able to drive at my work site at normal speeds and not get sand/dirt/mud slung all over the doors every time I went through a puddle. After I crushed a factory fender into a rock on the Rubicon trail, Might as well look at options that include Dumbo looking wide flares!
Friend of mine had the cloak metal ones very sturdy. he crushed into a rocks on the side and it put a dent in his Jeep he had to have body work done. at least with the plastic factory one all I do is replace a factory clip

Sponsored

Solo25

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just went to the dealer and ordered. I did back in June. They are taking orders and processing them before they are doing dealer inventory. So currently if you want a new jeep, you gotta order it. Most are anywhere between 6 to 10 weeks for the order. I'm almost 7 weeks out just waiting for them to run it down the line

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Just went to the dealer and ordered. I did back in June. They are taking orders and processing them before they are doing dealer inventory. So currently if you want a new jeep, you gotta order it. Most are anywhere between 6 to 10 weeks for the order. I'm almost 7 weeks out just waiting for them to run it down the line
Where are they getting the chips from ? You think their just saying that you know how dealerships can be

Solo25

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where are they getting the chips from ? You think their just saying that you know how dealerships can be
No. Stellantis gave the wranglers all priority and all chips they need and halted most other models. They are still making them and shipping chips out just playing catchup right now. Factory are back open except the one in China that burnt down

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
No. Stellantis gave the wranglers all priority and all chips they need and halted most other models. They are still making them and shipping chips out just playing catchup right now. Factory are back open except the one in China that burnt down
I thought they were all in China. I saw where Kentucky motor speedway has over 15,000 super duties waiting for a chips and they have none to put in them they just keep making the trucks because they don't want to lay people off. And I live in fort Worth and Arlington Texas is about 30 minutes away where the GM plant. is. They make all the suburbans and tahoes and the parking lot's full of employees cars. so I don't understand if Ford has all the super duty sitting and all the Chrysler dealerships around me have no jeeps sitting around and just about every Ford place around me all dealerships have nothing on the lots . One of the general managers at the Chrysler place I go to for Jeep service told me it might be another year and a half for everybody stocked up with cars again including themselves

Solo25

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought they were all in China. I saw where Kentucky motor speedway has over 15,000 super duties waiting for a chips and they have none to put in them they just keep making the trucks because they don't want to lay people off. And I live in fort Worth and Arlington Texas is about 30 minutes away where the GM plant. is. They make all the suburbans and tahoes and the parking lot's full of employees cars. so I don't understand if Ford has all the super duty sitting and all the Chrysler dealerships around me have no jeeps sitting around and just about every Ford place around me all dealerships have nothing on the lots . One of the general managers at the Chrysler place I go to for Jeep service told me it might be another year and a half for everybody stocked up with cars again including themselves
Oh yea it's gonna take some time. Yea Chrysler is pretty much limited to customer orders. They pushed all dealer orders off til the end. I don't see it getting caught up for a couple years. It's a mess. I know ford has issues as we are waiting on work trucks and they told us to go ahead and forget them lol
Sponsored