Sponsored

Aftermarket exhaust to get more aggressive sound without drone?

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
In our 2dr JL the Magnaflow sounds good with no drone in the cabin at the low 1500-2000 rpm range, and when you get on the gas it opens up and sounds proper. The pipe connected up just fine without much effort. AFAIK it was the very first sets that had an issue but Magnaflow corrected it. The fit and finish is superb, but damn, that current price has really gone way up (looks to be around $850 now) :(

Thank you. I'm now leaning towards the Quadratec Tactik dual exhaust seems to check all the boxes for me and of course for the money $299 w/$50 gift card. I'm just not sure I can justify the $847 for the MF for a non-daily driver. Appreciate the information.
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Thank you. I'm now leaning towards the Quadratec Tactik dual exhaust seems to check all the boxes for me and of course for the money $299 w/$50 gift card. I'm just not sure I can justify the $847 for the MF for a non-daily driver. Appreciate the information.
Yeah, that would be a good plan for the cost involved. I got mine from a member on the site for $200 so that was a no-brainer lol.
That Tactik looks pretty darn good, and for that price it's even better! Look forward to hearing your impressions if you end up w/ it.

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Installed the Taktik Axle Back exhaust this weekend. Love the look and the sound is nice although I havent driven it yet for an extended period. I will say that the clamp that comes with it could be better, I don't think its completely sealing so I ordered a new one to try and also some longer hangers since the tips are nearly touching the back bumper. The install wasn't bad at all, even though I have to pull it back off to replace the clamp and hangers :).

For the money I'm happy, will see if it holds up.

Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket exhaust to get more aggressive sound without drone? IMG_1356

Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket exhaust to get more aggressive sound without drone? IMG_1357

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Installed the Taktik Axle Back exhaust this weekend. Love the look and the sound is nice although I havent driven it yet for an extended period. I will say that the clamp that comes with it could be better, I don't think its completely sealing so I ordered a new one to try and also some longer hangers since the tips are nearly touching the back bumper. The install wasn't bad at all, even though I have to pull it back off to replace the clamp and hangers :).

For the money I'm happy, will see if it holds up.

Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket exhaust to get more aggressive sound without drone? IMG_1357

Looks good! Did you try to bend the hangers up a bit to see if that would lower the pipes? Looks like you might have enough clearance as-is (if there's a 1/4" or more to the bumper).

Sponsored

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Looks good! Did you try to bend the hangers up a bit to see if that would lower the pipes? Looks like you might have enough clearance as-is (if there's a 1/4" or more to the bumper).
Thanks for the tip. I might look into that regarding bending the arms. I was barely able to slide a piece of paper between the bumper and the top of the tail pipe.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks for the tip. I might look into that regarding bending the arms. I was barely able to slide a piece of paper between the bumper and the top of the tail pipe.
A good way to bend those hangers, use a deep impact socket, like a 3/4" on the end of a breaker bar or even a pipe wrench on the socket to get decent torque on that metal, and should get a bend in just about the right spot to keep the hanger prong straight where it slides in the hanger.

Reactions: AFD

grownupjeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
d
Same here, no drone, has a very deep mellow sound to it. One can't duplicate the sound of a V8, but this is very close to it. Much better than I expected it to be. Yes, I would purchase it all over again! Mine is T409 Stainless, and the welds are of quality.
I bought the 19388. Have owned it now for about a month. Sounds awesome. Looks awesome. But I do think there's a bit of drone on the highway. The wife is asking to replace it with factory which I no longer have(long story). So it's awesome but maybe not for us. If anyone is interested in it let me know or if any ideas on how to adjust that would be awesome. Apparently the OEMs are not available yet? So we're kind of stuck right now.

Dolsonii

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR/ 2008 JKR/ 2004 TJR
I have AFE momentum intake and exhaust and it only drones in 7th gear. Once i completed my 4:88 re-gear I got 8th gear back and it sounds great on the freeway again.

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Beach, 2022 JLU High Tide
I was going to post a video of what the Magnaflow sounded like but apparently its too large to attach lol.

Sponsored

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Well reporting back I guess the adage "you get what you pay for" stands true. I have probably driven 20 miles at most with this Dual tip exhaust and it's peeling terribly. I have requested a return/refund from Quadratec. I liked the look a lot but I'm not keeping it in fear the black tips will start peeling.

Probably just keep stock at this point, the sound was nice, but then I got the down vote from the wife that its too loud. 🤪

Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket exhaust to get more aggressive sound without drone? IMG_1849

Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket exhaust to get more aggressive sound without drone? IMG_1841

Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket exhaust to get more aggressive sound without drone? IMG_1848

1BadManVan

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara/2018 Durango R/T
Occupation
Locomotive Engineer
Well reporting back I guess the adage "you get what you pay for" stands true. I have probably driven 20 miles at most with this Dual tip exhaust and it's peeling terribly. I have requested a return/refund from Quadratec. I liked the look a lot but I'm not keeping it in fear the black tips will start peeling.

Probably just keep stock at this point, the sound was nice, but then I got the down vote from the wife that its too loud. 🤪

Jeep Wrangler JL Aftermarket exhaust to get more aggressive sound without drone? IMG_1848

wow! 20 miles? Man they sure cheap out on shit these days lol

Tncdrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys, 3.6L - 8spd
OP posted this in the 3.6L sub-forum, so probably safe to assume it's that one ;)

Not a recommendation or anything, but I think the new Magnaflow tunable Overland exhaust system is on it's way (high-clearance cat-back like the Bronco version with an adjustable/removable resonator). Their website is showing the new part number and that's what they've been working on for the Wrangler, so I'm assuming that's what it is.

https://www.magnaflow.com/products/...ies-axle-back-performance-exhaust-system19620 (Wrangler JL)

https://www.magnaflow.com/products/...nd-series-cat-back-performance-exhaust-system (Bronco)
Would love to see some feedback from someone buying this package!
Helmholtz tuned exhausts are the way to go for drone cancelation. Had one on an MX-5 (Header, Helmholtz tuned midpipe, and muffler) was awesome!

gahammerle

First Name
Gordy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Would love to see some feedback from someone buying this package!
Helmholtz tuned exhausts are the way to go for drone cancelation. Had one on an MX-5 (Header, Helmholtz tuned midpipe, and muffler) was awesome!
I have one on my 2010 Camaro (SOLO) and love it. Nice tone with zero drone.
Sponsored