Willing&Able

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 20th Anniversary
Clubs

JLUR w 6MT. I understand there is a recall/replacement in the works, w timing still unknown. I've had several instances of the burnt clutch smell when lightly feathering w little throttle input when on a steeper incline. I've driven manual for 25+ years.

My gut tells me the recall will replace questionable parts with something cheap/low quality. I'd rather spend some for a higher quality clutch that I can be confident in. All I found was Centerforce, but very little in terms of reviews/quality. Anyone gone the aftermarket path and w significant improvement over stock?

Any feedback would be great!
Sponsored

nunziotocci

First Name
Annunziato
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Husqvarna Svartpilen 701
I haven't gone Centerforce (yet), but I have read a few people on here who have had them on their JKs and loved them. I think they said they could start in first without touching the gas?

I am also interested to hear what people think about the Centerforce clutch.

Ooh, a quick "site:" search revealed this: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ailable-until-fixed.47866/page-2#post-1057905

He's got a few posts on page two of that thread. @urr2slo do you have anything new to share about the Centerforce clutch?

urr2slo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Denali Duramax, Chevy Camaro, Jeep CJ7, C7 Corvette, MB S63
I haven't gone Centerforce (yet), but I have read a few people on here who have had them on their JKs and loved them. I think they said they could start in first without touching the gas?

I am also interested to hear what people think about the Centerforce clutch.

Ooh, a quick "site:" search revealed this: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ailable-until-fixed.47866/page-2#post-1057905

He's got a few posts on page two of that thread. @urr2slo do you have anything new to share about the Centerforce clutch?
I have almost 5k on it, still great. Been off-road the last few weekends and it’s really nice in the steep, loose rocky stuff, just pick a gear and let it eat. Just keeps crawling where the stock clutch would allow it to stall. The heavier flywheel makes it so easy in the difficult stuff.
Sponsored