Aftermarket Bumpers

Artiead

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2018 4-Door JL
looling for front and back bumpers. Would really like to find a back bumper with a separate tire carrier. Was looking at all brands and thought I would go with DV8 Off Road but several others in the forum gave them a bad review (rust, chipped paint, etc). Does anyone have any input or thoughts? Hauk looks great but the backorder is lengthy. Fab Fours look good but very pricey. Thanks, Art.
Sponsored

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
@RedJeep7 I like you tag relocation and lights which one is that?

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
One piece of advice I'll offer if you're looking for a rear bumper tire carrier combo, get a set up where the tire carrier integrates with the rear gate so that it is only one pull to get into the back of your Jeep. If you decide to cheap out and get any of the myriad of options where the tire carrier opens independently of the rear gate you will be guaranteed to be hating life and regretting your choice.

I've got a co-worker with a JK (built up mall crawler) with some cheap rear bumper/tire carrier combo he bought because it looked cool and didn't break the bank. He didn't think it was work dropping a ton of money on bumpers since he never really planned on taking the Jeep off road.

Below is kind of the break down of how he felt after having his bumper/tire carrier combo installed.
The first week he had the Jeep after having everything installed, he was in the wow, this thing looks cool phase.
Week two, wow this is kind of annoying, I have to open the tire carrier every time I want to open the rear gate, but I can deal with it.
Week four, man this really sucks having to open the tire carrier every time I want to put something in the back of the Jeep and the rattling from the carrier is annoying.

Then of course there is always the concern that the carrier will slip out of the locked position flying open, flapping in the wind driving down the road or smacking against the body. He had all of that happen with the body damage happening about 6mos ago.

Sponsored

Needalife

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 TJ, 2019 JLU Rubican
One piece of advice I'll offer if you're looking for a rear bumper tire carrier combo, get a set up where the tire carrier integrates with the rear gate so that it is only one pull to get into the back of your Jeep. If you decide to cheap out and get any of the myriad of options where the tire carrier opens independently of the rear gate you will be guaranteed to be hating life and regretting your choice.

I've got a co-worker with a JK (built up mall crawler) with some cheap rear bumper/tire carrier combo he bought because it looked cool and didn't break the bank. He didn't think it was work dropping a ton of money on bumpers since he never really planned on taking the Jeep off road.

Below is kind of the break down of how he felt after having his bumper/tire carrier combo installed.
The first week he had the Jeep after having everything installed, he was in the wow, this thing looks cool phase.
Week two, wow this is kind of annoying, I have to open the tire carrier every time I want to open the rear gate, but I can deal with it.
Week four, man this really sucks having to open the tire carrier every time I want to put something in the back of the Jeep and the rattling from the carrier is annoying.

Then of course there is always the concern that the carrier will slip out of the locked position flying open, flapping in the wind driving down the road or smacking against the body. He had all of that happen with the body damage happening about 6mos ago.
This is the problem going cheap. A good bumper w/ tire carrier is adjustable when it does start rattling. Known many buddies and mine that don't.

OK how lazy is a person that can not open the tire carrier and then the rear gate? That is just freaking sad.

To the OP - do not go cheap you will regret it if you do, buy quality.

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
OK how lazy is a person that can not open the tire carrier and then the rear gate? That is just freaking sad.

To the OP - do not go cheap you will regret it if you do, buy quality.
It’s not about being lazy, it’s about efficiency. Not having to do two separate physical motions just to access the back of your Jeep. Besides I can think of more good reasons to have them integrated than separate.
Sponsored