emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0 Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
So is there a stiffer spring in the kit? Thanks in advance.
The DV+ Comes with a spring that goes behind the Piston Sleeve. You can run without the spring for more of a factory feel and response or run it with the spring for a faster sportier response. The option makes this product both a performance upgrade and/or a very well built replacement for your factory diverter.
Sponsored

vinniechin

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The DV+ Comes with a spring that goes behind the Piston Sleeve. You can run without the spring for more of a factory feel and response or run it with the spring for a faster sportier response. The option makes this product both a performance upgrade and/or a very well built replacement for your factory diverter.
Thanks for the clarity!

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
Is the difference between having the extra spring installed behind the piston sleeve noticeable? I'm guessing installing the extra spring would be the smarter choice regardless of having an aftermarket tune to increase performance. I recently purchased a DV+ that should be getting delivered soon to get installed with the Mishi charge pipe. Just don't want to be uninstalling/reinstalling multiple times and stripping the threads on the pipe. :)

emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is the difference between having the extra spring installed behind the piston sleeve noticeable? I'm guessing installing the extra spring would be the smarter choice regardless of having an aftermarket tune to increase performance. I recently purchased a DV+ that should be getting delivered soon to get installed with the Mishi charge pipe. Just don't want to be uninstalling/reinstalling multiple times and stripping the threads on the pipe. :)
Yes having the spring in is worth it regardless of any other mods. Without the spring the piston will close when the solenoid returns to normal state (like stock) which can sometimes be delayed when going back on throttle. With the spring in place, as the PSI goes down the spring will force the piston into the closed position before the solenoid has time to close it decreasing the time it takes to start rebuilding boost. It makes for a snappier throttle response.

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
Yes having the spring in is worth it regardless of any other mods. Without the spring the piston will close when the solenoid returns to normal state (like stock) which can sometimes be delayed when going back on throttle. With the spring in place, as the PSI goes down the spring will force the piston into the closed position before the solenoid has time to close it decreasing the time it takes to start rebuilding boost. It makes for a snappier throttle response.
Installed the Mishimoto Intercooler Pipe along with the DV+ last night with the help of a buddy of mine and WOW. I had a boost leak before so I knew things were going to feel better with some new parts installed regardless, but the increased mid-range torque from the pipe along with the new diverter valve is insane. I'll be going on a road trip this weekend so that will help get a better feel of everything, but first impressions are great!

Sponsored

emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the Mishimoto Intercooler Pipe along with the DV+ last night with the help of a buddy of mine and WOW. I had a boost leak before so I knew things were going to feel better with some new parts installed regardless, but the increased mid-range torque from the pipe along with the new diverter valve is insane. I'll be going on a road trip this weekend so that will help get a better feel of everything, but first impressions are great!
yeah, it's a great part and one of the best bangs for the buck.

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Just make sure the lower end is seated right and the clamp is below the lip and super tight. If not it will blow off the throttle body. I speak from experience. It was a early install when mishimoto didn’t have install tips along with great members here.

Rubicon_20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
EHS
Y’all are definitely making me want to get the GFB DV+ from Madness. I do have the Mishimoto air intake and intercooler pipe....admittedly I did use the stock rubber coupling and clamp on the lower half and no issues that I can tell so far.

Hope to see a good difference in regards to the diverted valve, and am on the fence regarding a pedal commander.

emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Y’all are definitely making me want to get the GFB DV+ from Madness. I do have the Mishimoto air intake and intercooler pipe....admittedly I did use the stock rubber coupling and clamp on the lower half and no issues that I can tell so far.

Hope to see a good difference in regards to the diverted valve, and am on the fence regarding a pedal commander.
Just an FYI, If you're running that Mishimoto Intercooler pipe you'll need to get longer screws to add the DV+

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
Just make sure the lower end is seated right and the clamp is below the lip and super tight. If not it will blow off the throttle body. I speak from experience. It was a early install when mishimoto didn’t have install tips along with great members here.
We actually re-used both factory couplers and clamps tbh, but everything is down nice and tight! Drove around 500 miles this weekends with no issues! Still having great power delivery, more mid range torque, better throttle response, etc. Highway mpgs at 70 mph the PA turnpike went down about 1 mpg to between 24/23 (stock tires, 2 inch lift, two door Sport with 3.45s). But sticking around 50 mph on open back roads I can still stay around 25 mph if you drive conservatively.

Sponsored

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
If you want performance take a look at the GFB DV+ bypass valve. I am running it and you can feel the improved response when coming in/out/in boost.
Do you by any chance have the original Pierburg valve still around, and if so, would you mind checking its part number?

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
Surge Solenoid - Mopar (4893902AB)
Ah thanks, but maybe I should empathize I'm looking for the Pierburg specific part number, not the Mopar one :)

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
Some random googling kept bringing me to this part number: 7.02901.05.0
https://www.amazon.com/PIERBURG-Turbocharger-Bypass-Cut-Valve/dp/B00FAINRNE

Not sure if it's correct, hopefully someone can confirm.
You're better at Googling than I am I guess, as my search did not return consistent results, I felt I could trust upon.

Been trying to dig up the right Pierburg catalogue as well, but without success.
Still remarkable Jeep isn't mentioned in any fitment guide.
If no one can confirm, I'll take it out to check - apparently the printed part number is on the side not visible when you take the engine cover of...
Sponsored